Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coop platform games for weak PC's?

• 08-08-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good coop game. Myself and the gf play the odd bit of online gaming together but her laptop is your typical 3 year old Dell.

Is there any decent platform style games maybe on Steam that are coop?

I'm not just limiting it to platform games but its just a thought.

We tried playing HL1 coop but the sven mod aint the best, it randomly spawns us at the wrong part of the game every few minutes which is annoying and ruins the game.

I was looking at terrenia on steam but its not exactly what we're looking for.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good coop game. Myself and the gf play the odd bit of online gaming together but her laptop is your typical 3 year old Dell.

Is there any decent platform style games maybe on Steam that are coop?

I'm not just limiting it to platform games but its just a thought.

We tried playing HL1 coop but the sven mod aint the best, it randomly spawns us at the wrong part of the game every few minutes which is annoying and ruins the game.

I was looking at terrenia on steam but its not exactly what we're looking for.

Thanks guys.

Terraria is just Epic in coop. 3 of us played it for hours last week. Its very addictive and a lot of fun when you working on your gear to tackle next boss. When you hit hardcore world you are in world of pain and even more addicted! ;)
    Minecraft is fun too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Trine and Trine 2 are both awesome in local co-op - really beautiful games too. Some of the Lego games are good for co-op as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Castle Crashers? A co-op hack'n'slash that's great fun (a bit crude in the humour, don't know if thats an issue).

The lego games? They are all co-op.

You'll probably want to check systemrequirementslab to see if the laptop can run them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

has Magicka been mentioned yet?

orcs must die 2, left4dead, left4dead2, torchlight, torchlight 2, borderlands (though maybe not BL2) (a 3 year old pc with an average graphics card should play those with ease)

pretty decent co-op in those too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

portal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

orcs must die 2, left4dead, left4dead2, torchlight, torchlight 2, borderlands (though maybe not BL2) (a 3 year old pc with an average graphics card should play those with ease)

The first Torchlight is single player only, I believe. And yeah, it, and its sequel have very low system requirements. Hell, I think it even has a laptop mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The first Torchlight is single player only, I believe. And yeah, it, and its sequel have very low system requirements. Hell, I think it even has a laptop mode.

you're right of course, my bad. TL is single player only, TL2 has co-op. And yep, the original has a laptop mode :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Castle Crashers? A co-op hack'n'slash that's great fun (a bit crude in the humour, don't know if thats an issue).

You'll probably want to check systemrequirementslab to see if the laptop can run them though.

I think my granny wouldnt even call Castle crashers crude! It is very mild (cartoon deer ****ting is the worst of it, I think) Its a fun game though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

i play tl2 with my boyfriend. Awesome game. Simple but so much fun xD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

rosie16 wrote: »

Agreed, totally brilliant game.

Id also suggest Cube World, brilliant game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

All her laptop has is your typical Intel series 4 GMA 4500MHD.

So choices are limited and most games suggest won't work.

Castlecrashers isnt exactly want we're looking for but looks interesting.

Never played a lego game, which ones are recommended?

Not on her laptop :(

rosie16 wrote: »

It fails system requirement's however I'm seeing youtube videos of people playing this with her laptop, make take a look at this!
    Dcully wrote: »
    Agreed, totally brilliant game.

Id also suggest Cube World, brilliant game.

Cubeworld looks perfect! But I don't think it works with her card from what google tells me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Terraria is just Epic in coop. 3 of us played it for hours last week. Its very addictive and a lot of fun when you working on your gear to tackle next boss. When you hit hardcore world you are in world of pain and even more addicted! ;)
    Minecraft is fun too.

+1 for Terraria, miss calex plays this with pals, and from what I have spectated of it, it has a much more clearer purpose of platforming and co-op and boss fighting than minecraft has and still has the building and crafting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Diablo 2 is highly addictive and cannot recommend enough!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Here is a recent list of games, not all coop but your OH may like a few of them:
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/great-pc-games-to-play-on-low-spec-systems

I think my granny wouldnt even call Castle crashers crude! It is very mild (cartoon deer ****ting is the worst of it, I think) Its a fun game though!

Is that all? I haven't actually finished it yet, but I notice its PEGI rating is 16s on steam, so I assumed it got ruder (because its violence is very cartoony because of the simple graphics).

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Never played a lego game, which ones are recommended?

Personally, I liked the Star Wars ones and Batman 2 is good (has proper voice acting). Didn't like the Harry Potter ones or Indiana Jones. LOTR is supposed to be good.

They al play similar to each other, so I imagine whichever fandoms you and her like will be the ones you like most.

Advertisement