Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer wants to reduce salary etc - acceptable reasons?

Options
  • 08-08-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Started a new job a whileback with agreed salary of €x. I've been asked to take a pay cut - haven't confirmed exact Amount but a minimum of approx 15 per cent.

This isn't across the board for all staff but in my instance they could get a qualified person to work for my salary! I'm not qualified but am experienced and capable of the role!

Can an employer do this just because he decides he can get someone cheaper? He knew I wasn't qualified at the interview stage!

I've had no issues in the last few months regarding my work and my ability to do my job - do I have any choice but to accept a pay cut?

Comments

Advertisement