Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Rebirth in November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Stev_o wrote: »
    Honestly im enjoying it, haven't crashed once.

Got hunted down by a Warden today, served me right I guess for going around blowing up PMC freighters engines for the laugh.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903265586269793842/983FD60FE24636B135B4990FBB48297BE1A124AB/
    Are you playing the campaign or the sandbox mode? I've started using an xbox controller, so the earlier control problems I've had aren't a worry anymore (and the controller works really well. And apart from the kamikaze freighter pilots who follow you everywhere, I've not had any major bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kirby wrote: »
    What? Is this actually true? :eek:

I find this hard to believe and he's just pulling your leg. Sure you can play offline mode on nearly every game.

As Potatoeman said, at the moment you have to sync up every few weeks. Apparently though, this is not intentional and they're working on a new authentication system that should allow you to play in offline mode indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

As Potatoeman said, at the moment you have to sync up every few weeks. Apparently though, this is not intentional and they're working on a new authentication system that should allow you to play in offline mode indefinitely.

Its a pain. You already have to activate the a second client through email. I have to do this everytime I use my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I begining to see the downside of steam. A friend of mine got rid of his internet to save some cash and now cant play any of his steam games. It locks them all out after two or three weeks. The price for new games is the same and you get no physical product.

He should get someone with a smartphone to do a Wifi hotspot so he can wake Steam up again. I had never heard of this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Zillah wrote: »
    He should get someone with a smartphone to do a Wifi hotspot so he can wake Steam up again. I had never heard of this happening.

It would also have to update the client. He's been offline for a few months. I looked into it and as above its a known issue. I was not aware of it myself either until he mentioned it.

• Advertisement

Its a pain. You already have to activate the a second client through email. I have to do this everytime I use my laptop.

Yup, hopefully they'll sort it out in a proper, seamless way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Every time? That's not right, I only ever had to approve twice; once when I first installed Steam to the lappy, and once when I accessed Steam through a different browser. Nothing at all in the many months since...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Steam are refusing refunds.

But I am not giving up. Surely I am entitled to a refund under the 'Sales of Goods Act & Supply of Services' ?

Refund, replacement, or repair.

I'd say that patching would count as repair, and for you to get a refund the onus would be on you to prove why it's not an acceptable recourse.

I've got a refund off them before but that was due to a discount that was meant to be applied to owners of another game not being applied to me; and it was only the discounted amount being credited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

humanji wrote: »
    Are you playing the campaign or the sandbox mode? I've started using an xbox controller, so the earlier control problems I've had aren't a worry anymore (and the controller works really well. And apart from the kamikaze freighter pilots who follow you everywhere, I've not had any major bugs.

Campaign, 360 controller. Bar the Trading Bug that screwed everyone over (got a save file for that) I haven't had one crash. Performance is steady and it doesn't sound like my PC is about to take off unlike when im playing BF4....

I think the problem with the combat is that the normal fighters are too slow, ****ing drones however are the most annoying piece of sh*t ever!

Some screen shots

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/901013513590102216/CB5A6C5C1E4FC012AF291D06041A870A1A52019D

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/901013513590109347/DCB6EB0F9D9CFE238BFCB8465F81974291C5787E/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Wot I Think: X Rebirth
    ...Then it crashed and the save corrupted. I’d spent about 30 hours getting to that point, and I’d had enough. It’s an appalling, broken mess, and I’m not going back.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun: X Rebirth review. Depressing. :mad: How could they have messed it up so bad? It's not like they are inexperienced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Seems Steam are very quiet and ignoring people or answering tech issues and refunds at a snails pace.

The Steam community who purchased X-Rebirth is on fire over there. But some of the rage is bit OTT.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has this gotten any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Has this gotten any better?

Nope, probably best still avoiding it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Awww :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Haven't bought this as

1: the X series has some competition now.
    2: it's not sound great from everyone here.

Looking forward to No man's sky and the new Elite, not so much star citizen.

Varik wrote: »
    Looking forward to No man's sky and the new Elite, not so much star citizen.

I never heard of No Man's Sky. Just watched the trailer there and have to say it looks promising. X Rebirth is a dissapointment, but nevertheless I'm delight there is a Space Sim/Game revival. The genre has been overlooked for far too long.

X Rebirth 2.0 - Secret Service Missions released
    This major update of X Rebirth brings a host of new features and improvements.New missions, new ships, change your cockpit, a new radar, reworked shaders and visuals, improved menus, autopilot, improved fleet AI and much more...

I haven't played the latest version, but it claims to tackel some issues with the original build. Especially the new radar, autopilot, not having to land all the time to talk with NPC's and different cockpit skins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Would be interested to see if it's playable after this update. Was actually tempted by it the other day, but than i remembered how bad the reviews were and Installed X3 instead.

Kiith wrote: »
    Would be interested to see if it's playable after this update. Was actually tempted by it the other day, but than i remembered how bad the reviews were and Installed X3 instead.

I would hold off buying it for now. There is a new story but the late game is found wanting. It seems the game works a good deal better now, but it is sill quite shallow compared with it's predecessors. :(

This is definite Steam Sale territory for me. I really wanted this to be good, but the reviews turned me right off, thankfully. Maybe once it gets below a tenner.

• Advertisement

This is definite Steam Sale territory for me. I really wanted this to be good, but the reviews turned me right off, thankfully. Maybe once it gets below a tenner.

Ya same here,itching to give it a go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I'm curious about this one too. So many times I've hovered over a purchase button but not clicked due to current reviews.
    If this brings some improvements I'll jump into it fairy quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Just noticed this update downloading away when I turned the computer on yesterday.
    I have 1 hour logged in this game and I pre-purchased it :(
    Will try and give it a proper go again this weekend after this new update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Just noticed this update downloading away when I turned the computer on yesterday.
    I have 1 hour logged in this game and I pre-purchased it :(
    Will try and give it a proper go again this weekend after this new update.
    :pac:

just like me and TW2.

Waiting for the summer sales to pick this up or X3 terran war pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Anyone have any updates on this? Was the patch any improvement?

I ended up installing X3TC yesterday. Man I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. It's so confusing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I almost bought it at the weekend, but decided to wait a while. Watch Dogs and Wildstar are out this week, so i'll pick it up in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Really just don't. It'll disappoint you. They've fixed some stuff with this patch, but the game is still badly put together. You're better off playing the previous games and waiting until the likes of Elite come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

how is the game now ? think there was 3.0 patch and some dlc . Got to say i was a massive fan of X3 put a lot of hours just thinking perhaps they should have improved and expanded on that game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

eastyy wrote: »
    how is the game now ? think there was 3.0 patch and some dlc . Got to say i was a massive fan of X3 put a lot of hours just thinking perhaps they should have improved and expanded on that game

Until I can actually fly other ships and capital ships I am holding off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Until I can actually fly other ships and capital ships I am holding off.

are they developing for thaT?

Advertisement