Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI "Application Awaiting Assessment"

Options
  • 08-08-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just wondered how long people have been waiting to hear from Susi about their grant application?

Mine has been sitting on "Application Awaiting Assessment" for over a month now, is this normal?

Will it be much longer do people think? So frustrating!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

My status never changed last year so I wouldn't put much stock into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 melanie76c

Mine is the same, I mailed SUSI and they said "we cannot advise a specific timeframe for the assessment of an application, as the process is completed on a queuing basis. Each application is also treated individually and therefore will have varying processing times due to differing documentation and circumstances. Once your application has been assessed, you will receive correspondence and your tracker will be updated." If it is on a queuing basis and I've had all documents in since the 10th July, had applied on the 21st May, god help people who waited til last week to apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I'm awaiting assessment too. A bit annoying but it's a process and in fairness it's been easier, I just want to know if I need 2.5k anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

You should go to there facebook page they are brilliant, they will let you know what s happening with your application.

I applied the morning it opened and i was waiting on final assessment for about 3 weeks, then they sent me a letter requesting more documents after i thought i was finished that stage, now i think i have gone back to the 3/4 weeks waiting time.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I've been on "awaiting assessment" since 20th July. Have called, used facebook and email. I was fairly patient and understanding beforehand, but the lack of a time frame and thought of my details just sitting on someone's desk is getting to me. Technically considered dependent mature student so I think I'm on the line for the threshold regarding income but only because I was employed fulltime before I started college. Going to call tomorrow and ask about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

im on awaiting assessment since 18th July, yeah its very annoying the time frame of the whole system.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭computer44

That's normal assessment takes about 4-5 weeks. You should know soon and be provisionally approved if everything is ok. Assessment is usually the last process before going to approved stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭computer44

You will not have to pay 2.5k until your grant comes through. The colleges know the story. Once your provisionally approved print out the e-mail and give to your college. 70% per cent of students rely on free fees and there would be no one in college if they looked for the 2.5k the minute your in the door.

I think you would be provisionally approved from 10-12 wks when you first your sent in your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

I didn't realise it would take so long. I applied almost a month ago. Still nothing, my status is: "your application has been recieved and is being checked".

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

computer44 wrote: »
    You will not have to pay 2.5k until your grant comes through. The colleges know the story. Once your provisionally approved print out the e-mail and give to your college. 70% per cent of students rely on free fees and there would be no one in college if they looked for the 2.5k the minute your in the door.

I think you would be provisionally approved from 10-12 wks when you first your sent in your application.

I am another that is stuck on the final step 13/14 awaiting final assessment. Should I already have received a provisionally approved email if I am on this step or is that part of the final assessment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

I am another that is stuck on the final step 13/14 awaiting final assessment. Should I already have received a provisionally approved email if I am on this step or is that part of the final assessment?

I have been on awaiting final assessment since the 25th June :eek:, so I wouldn't worry YET

But is 'awaiting final assessment' enough for the college to trust that I am entitled to free fees? Registration opens with DCU next week and I don't have the cash to pay the fees, I don't have any letter or email I can take in to them, stressful business this.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

But is 'awaiting final assessment' enough for the college to trust that I am entitled to free fees? Registration opens with DCU next week and I don't have the cash to pay the fees, I don't have any letter or email I can take in to them, stressful business this.

Best thing to do is phone DCU registration today explain your situation and inquire as to what they want.

Yeah might do exactly that, hate bothering them, they must be flat out at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

Yeah might do exactly that, hate bothering them, they must be flat out at this time of year.

I sent the fees office in dcu an email asking about this. They said that it will be ok to provide your susi application number at registration. But a deadline will be set later on in the year that the fees must be paid.

Iopu wrote: »
    I sent the fees office in dcu an email asking about this. They said that it will be ok to provide your susi application number at registration. But a deadline will be set later on in the year that the fees must be paid.

Ah that's a big weight off my mind, thanks for sharing :D

Advertisement