Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment in foreign currency vs Euro

Options
  • 08-08-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭

I'm being paid for some work for a Canadian organisation, and have been offered the options of having Canadian dollars or Euro lodged in my account.

Which is the better option?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I presume the work is valued / billed in CAD$?

If so who will decide the euro equivalent?

Ask them. And then check rates with your bank or xe.com as a guideline (rough)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Thanks nlgbbbblth

Yes, the work is valued in CAD. I imagine that the bank they use in Canada will decide the Euro equivalent.

I was trying to find information on Bank of Ireland conversion rates for deposits of foreign currency but couldn't seem to find any. I was under a bit of pressure time-wise so ultimately suggested to the organisation that Euro would be better for me, in the hope that it would mean I could avoid paying conversion charges at least.

Hopefully there won't be any major loss in doing it this way.

Advertisement