Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School time again.

Options
  • 08-08-2013 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

2 weeks to go and the kids are back in school again, so I need to get new school bags but don't want to get the usual sports branded types that fall apart around Christmas.
    Good quality as the books are so expensive.
    Had a look at these but was hoping to see them in a store to see the size and to "test drive" them.

http://www.sportsden.ie/school-bags/jansport.html

Any ideas please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Can't comment on jansport although they do look a cut above the average schoolbag.
    I have been cycle commuting in and out of the city centre for 5 years. I have a Deuter bag and while not cheap, not a single thing has broken/ripped/torn. They really are excellent quality. I'm not sure how suitable they would be for a school child but I don't see any reason why not.
    Edit - Just checked and they do a school specific range http://www.deuter.com/en/DE/html/1-72/School.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Last weekend I bought an 18 litre backpack in Mountain Warehouse for 12 euro. Looks sturdy enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My son got a North Face backpack in scouts when he was about 11 or 12 and used it as a school bag right through secondary and continued using it daily up till he was 20-21.

Try the scout shop or one of the camping gear shops for a strong bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Gaspode wrote: »
    My son got a North Face backpack in scouts when he was about 11 or 12 and used it as a school bag right through secondary and continued using it daily up till he was 20-21.

Try the scout shop or one of the camping gear shops for a strong bag.

Unfortunately mine are girls and colour and style have come into play,:rolleyes: but they are in Brigin's so might check out the scout shop, cheers.

Advertisement