Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting sites

Options
  • 08-08-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

How are transactions to gambling sites viewed on by the banks? I'm looking to make a deposit with my credit card (well, through Paypal but I think it will show up on my credit card statement as *PAYPAL BETFAIR). Should this bother me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

It depends do you want your bank knowing your a gambler ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mariol

Well it's more down to should I be concerned that they can see me depositing funds to site? They don't know that I take €40 euro out p/w to spend on cigarettes. Or €80 on alcohol. Etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Transfer funds from your bank account to PayPal. This will take a few days. Once the funds show up in your PayPal account then transfer them to the betting site. All the bank will see is that you sent money to your PayPal account. They'll have no idea it was to BetFair or whoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They don't care in general: no one is sitting at the bank going *RED ALERT: MARIOL IS GAMBLING* on a day to day basis.

If/when you apply for something like a mortgage then it may come into play: obviously online gambling transactions may make a lender look a little more deeply into things as spending gambling could impact your ability to pay back etc.

Advertisement