Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooklyn Nine-Nine [Fox]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

RichFTW wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more, I think she is possibly the funniest female comedian out there. Any stand up I've seen her do is brilliant.

Really liking the show too. Ratings are starting to drop though which is not a good sign for a second season.

I agree, she's excellent in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

MJ23 wrote: »
    Absolute dirt. Saw a few minutes of it. Stupid non funny jokes, with the background laughing every two seconds.

You have obviously never watched one millisecond of it!

Enjoying the show though we're it not for Hulu I could see myself falling way behind. It's a fun time killer but one that's easily forgotten about and the lack of any ongoing story means that it's not a show that you need worry about missing an episode of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Enjoying the show though we're it not for Hulu I could see myself falling way behind. It's a fun time killer but one that's easily forgotten about and the lack of any ongoing story means that it's not a show that you need worry about missing an episode of.

It does though, Peralta's relationship with Santiago and Boyle's wedding are all things you could miss along with his blossoming friendship with Diaz, thought we'd never see those two becoming good friends and they might kiss at some point because there is chemistry there.

Holt is brilliant in it and some of the comedy scenes surrounding him crack me up

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

http://time.com/18127/brooklyn-99-and-the-mindy-project-renewed/

Second season confirmed! Was looking a bit dodgy with the ratings drop but it looks like the golden globe winnings saved the day.

• Advertisement

Walking down shop street in Galway today and saw Boyle and a few other TV and film stars milling about. They are in Ireland for a stag party. Would have liked to have went over and said hi but there were loads of people annoying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

unreal show terry cruise is my favourite character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Walking down shop street in Galway today and saw Boyle and a few other TV and film stars milling about. They are in Ireland for a stag party. Would have liked to have went over and said hi but there were loads of people annoying them.
    Not even a picture of them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, they were around Sligo for a day or two as well.

Loads of photos here - was in Hargadon's that evening too! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Finally got up with this show and its great. Andre Braugher is fantastic.

And Who knew Hitchcock and Scully can actually detect? Loved the “Yep. This. Is. Happening.” moment with the secret bathroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That was good. Now where can I get that wolfie blanket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

All the epsiodes get laughs out of me but I really had to post to commend episode 16. Top quality episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Pushtrak wrote: »
    All the epsiodes get laughs out of me but I really had to post to commend episode 16. Top quality episode.

The finale? Yeah it was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The finale? Yeah it was hilarious.
    Nope, the one they're invited to a party.

http://www.tv.com/shows/brooklyn-ninenine/the-party-3003807/

Oh yeah, kind of forgot it was a 22 episode season. That was a good episode, stays solid the rest of the way too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That episode 16 was without the funniest episode of TV in the last 12 months. The finale was great too. As good as first season of a comedy that I can remember.

Well played Brooklyn Nine-Nine, well played.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    That episode 16 was without the funniest episode of TV in the last 12 months.

I think It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia had several funnier episodes this season, just my POV of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

A friend told me about this the other day and i binge-watched it. Really good show and just in time for season two

Fairly strong opener I thought.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Fairly strong opener I thought.

I thought it was f*cking excellent, the 15 second sum up was ace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Any idea when this is back on RTE2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

One of the best sitcoms out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

My biggest worry for this was that after a close to perfect season 1 that it might suffer from 2nd season syndrome. The Season 2 premiere got rid of that fear fairly quickly. Absolutely brilliant season opener, I was laughing for most of the episode.

Special mention for Terry playing an unattended backpack and Boyle's hatred of Derek, who he's never met:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Charles is such a fantastic pathetic character. Steals the show every week.

• Advertisement

Charles is such a fantastic pathetic character. Steals the show every week.

His get-up at the end with the corn-rows was brilliant. My new life's ambition is to get that suit.

That was an absolute peach of an episode.

Advertisement