Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooklyn Nine-Nine [Fox]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm going to watch S3 when it starts on E4 next Thursday (07/01) with a double bill. Thanks for keeping the spoilers locked away so far! :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone else think the quality has dropped off in this series? Even the introduction of Rafi from The League hasn't worked yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭squonk

It's still OK. It's one of the few comedies I watch still but I do think they're coasting a bit more now than they used to. It's certainly not as edgy or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Anyone else think the quality has dropped off in this series? Even the introduction of Rafi from The League hasn't worked yet.
    This season has been brilliant up to the point that they introduced that character (which, mind you has only been two episodes).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is there a law that Jason Mantzoukas and Mark Duplas have to appear in everything now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I just assume Jason Mantzoukas is friends with a lot of these people and why he pops up on loads. (I don't mind I like him.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I just assume Jason Mantzoukas is friends with a lot of these people and why he pops up on loads. (I don't mind I like him.)

That rafi was great at times in the league,not sure how this character is working tho.I enjoyed the season so far!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That rafi was great at times in the league,not sure how this character is working tho.I enjoyed the season so far!
    In his first appearance in Brooklyn 99, it was like a confused badly written version of Rafi. His second appearance was a better more PG version of Rafi.
    I think they are trying to recreate his character from The League but a more toned down version.

He needs his a show with Dirty Randy.....apologies if you don't get this, you may need to watch The League for the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Be sure to check out "How Did This Get Made?" It's a podcast with Jason Mantzoukas, Paul Scheer, and June Diane Raphael where they watch horrible movies and then make fun of them.

The guests are often from that group of people. Chelsea Peretti, Scott Aukerman, Andy Daly, Adam Scott, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Mantzoukas character adds nothing. He was much more toned down in the kitten episode, but he's just not worthy of a recurring role. Maybe once a season job.

In other news Amy is looking increasingly pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mantzoukas character adds nothing. He was much more toned down in the kitten episode, but he's just not worthy of a recurring role. Maybe once a season job.

In other news Amy is looking increasingly pregnant.

I think Mantz has been brought in to cover Amy's real life upcoming disappearance from the show to release the child. Much like Megan Fox in New Girl recently.
    I liked him this week though, thought his usage was balanced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think Mantz has been brought in to cover Amy's real life upcoming disappearance from the show to release the child. Much like Megan Fox in New Girl recently.
    I liked him this week though, thought his usage was balanced.

I'm having trouble not thinking him as Rafi though. There's a bit of him in this character I think. And he was so different in Parks and Rec so it's not like he's a one trick pony.

I'm having trouble not thinking him as Rafi though. There's a bit of him in this character I think. And he was so different in Parks and Rec so it's not like he's a one trick pony.

Oh there is a lot of toned down Rafi going on here. :pac:
    I've also seen him in movies where he has played other roles very well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Let's break into the FBI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

CatInABox wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No; Lets break into the FBI.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Andre Braugher talking about Sex and the city has to win some kind of award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nine-Nine!
    NINE-NINE!

As season finales go, that was up there with the best of 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Not sure how well the two shows will gel together, but I'm looking forward to seeing the characters from both shows interact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not sure how well the two shows will gel together, but I'm looking forward to seeing the characters from both shows interact.

I watch both,funny crossover allright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coach aka Damon Wayans Jnr was on the show as a different character

Winston and Capt Holt interacting could be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Odd idea, not something I'm looking forward to even though I enjoy both dhows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭squonk

I stopped watching New Girl once Coach came on board. The show seemed to lose it's way. Hopefully they'll all be taken in and questioned over the murder of Coach!

Incidentally isn't New Girl Californion based? It'll be interesting to see how they manage that.

squonk wrote: »
    I stopped watching New Girl once Coach came on board. The show seemed to lose it's way. Hopefully they'll all be taken in and questioned over the murder of Coach!

Incidentally isn't New Girl Californion based? It'll be interesting to see how they manage that.

Coach left again at the end of Season 4 - he was only in 1 (maybe 2) episodes of Season 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

It's awful quiet. Didn't love that 1st episode, focusing just on peralta and capt. holt dragged

Shane St. wrote: »
    It's awful quiet. Didn't love that 1st episode, focusing just on peralta and capt. holt dragged

I liked it - something a bit different for the opener and presumably the rest of the team will be back next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Shane St. wrote: »

Wouldn't be surprised if most didn't know it was back, only realized myself when I saw the thread bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Another great Halloween heist

• Advertisement

The Halloween Heists are always the best episodes.

Advertisement