Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray kitten?

• 08-08-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm not a cat or dog owner so I maybe overreacting in even starting this topic but bare with me.

I noticed my neighbor's children playing with a small kitten about 4 weeks ago. They had a piece of sting on the line for the kitten to play with too. I assumed the kitten was theirs but I never asked my neighbor about it.

They have now go on holidays and for the last few days the kitten has been spending alot of time in our back garden and at times making noises (that seem strange to me anyway), licking our milk cartons and seemingly looking for attention.

I've left milk out a few times so obviously it keeps coming back and then appears to move on after a while.

Basically, I'm not sure if the kitten has an owner or not. It seems well groomed but a little frail (again though, I know nothing about cats) Is it normal for a kitten to be out and about like this? I'm just worried the kitten hasn't an owner or isn't being properly looked after.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Well first things first you should stop giving it cows milk. It can make them very sick. Just give water or proper kitten milk.

Could you continue to feed/care for it until you neighbours get back? Then you can ask if its theirs. If its not you should be able to rehome it as its still young. If you could play with it and possibly pet it, so that it stays friendly then I'm sure you would be able to find a home for the poor thing.

Advertisement