Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone learned to drive in BC?

Options
  • 08-08-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey,

I never learned when I was back home, but it looks like im in Canada for the long haul, so finally decided to try get my license.
    Just wondering if anyone else has/is learning to drive while here? It feels like drivers here are pretty impatient with new drivers (maybe this is not restricted to Canada only)- they honk if there is a split second delay at a green light, they ride up on my tail and when trying to change lanes, a lot of them actively speed up and block my way :(

Also, the insurance for new drivers is insane....its almost the same as my rent :mad: Again, I dont know if this is a BC thing only.

So I was just looking for other peoples experiences, or how seasoned drivers feel driving here? Also, anyone know any quiet places to practice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I'm in the same boat. Wanna learn together? :D

I'm excited about learning something abroad, I like doing that. I thought it was the opposite in terms of stress - I got the impression that the learning stage is very tolerant there.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 traveller80

Hey,

I passed my test there recently :D
    Still find it a bit nervy when the traffic is heavy (which in Vancouver seems to be a lot unfortunately)

this site is really good for tips, esp the tips for the road test

http://bcdrivingblog.com/

Advertisement