Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche Prices

Options
  • 08-08-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    just wondering if someone can help me because i've been searching online for ages and getting confused. I'm just hoping someone is in my situation or knows the answers to what i'm trying to figure out.

I'm a lone parent at the moment and i'm hoping to re educate and get a job. I've been a stay at home mom since my little girl was born which was nearly 2 years ago. I was working for 10 years before, but i'm hoping to possibly get a course to do office work which i did years ago. I'm determined to sort out my situation because i don't like relying on my lone parent payment and rent allowance (a lot of people live off it but i want to stop it and support myself and my daughter)

My questions are about the cost of child care while i do this. It would be monday to friday and i'd say early morning till early evening. I live in dublin and i've seen prices as high as 1000€ which i'd never afford. Is there even creches on site of some educational places does anyone know. I have no choice but to look for child care as i have no family that are free to take her as they're all in full time employment.

I'd really appreciate any answers people have, thanks very much xx

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have you got a local community creche? if you do you may qualify for subvention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

If you do fas course or get onto vtos scheme in plc college you get to pick any creche and pay €30 a week its called cets scheme. I was in same boat as you just finished two year course and got a job within a week of finishing. This was only in past few months.

Some colleges have creche and its run like community creche so its very cheap

Advertisement