Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find rental Property ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Maybe Buy an iphone 5 charger...

funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Your prospects have certainly looked up since last week!

"30 quid is money I don't have. So in now paying €40 a month for a phone I can't use for a while.

I have to pay for food, bills rent and save for collage fees out if €150 a week.
    I only have the phone cause I had €220 at Christmas and can pay €10 a week for it"

Adverts | Friends
    Won my first accumulator
    Had
    WestHam
    NottsForest
    Liverpool
    Bradford
    All to win
    Odds were 8.02/1

All so had WestHam and Bradford in a double at 2,2

Had a 5er at 8.02/1 so got €40.10

And 3 at 2,2 so got 6.60
    So 46.70 from 8 is nice
    €38.70 profit

Going to treat myself to a nice Chinese takeaway and a few drinks.

You are certainly betting like a boss to be earning a steady €250 a week seeing as you only landed your first €40 accumulator 3 weeks ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You're both on good NET salaries (very damn good NET salaries).
    I'm guessing you've no VHI or superannuation coming out of it- things that you will value as you get older- and things you will need if you have a child.

I'd suggest keeping very damn quiet about your gambling- you may think you're making 250 a week from it (and hell- you may be)- but it is viewed as a high risk activity- and if at some point in the future you decide you'd like to buy a property- lenders will run a mile if they so much as get a whiff of gambling. Further- even if you are making 250 a week now- there is absolutely nothing to say you won't loose thousands next week. It is a serious issue- especially if you're considering having a child- you cannot engage in high risk activities that put your child's future at risk. I'm speaking as someone who has a major in Applied Statistics by the way- I genuinely know what I'm talking about.

So- between you you're netting over 2k a month. What are you doing with this? Have you saved a nest egg (esp. if you're considering having children)?

With respect of your girlfriend and free childcare- this is a taxable benefit-in-kind and is considered to be taxable income- on which tax must be paid. No- I'm not joking. Its not free- there is a cost- even if she doesn't have to pay anything upfront. It is declared to the Revenue Commissioners at the cost it would cost a stranger who walks in off the street- and tax is due on it accordingly.

With respect of your job and her jobs being safe and secure- nothing is safe and secure. Public sector employees are loosing their jobs every day of the week- private sector jobs- some held by people for 30+ years are being made redundant without warning- some famous family names are vanishing from the Irish landscape. There is no such thing as 100% secure- regardless of what the industry is- public sector or private sector- 100% secure, does not exist. You need to plan and make contingencies for the unexpected. You seem to have an inordinately rosy view of life- perhaps things may always go swimmingly for you- but that is exceptional, and not the norm.

As for a scarcity of rental property in the Baldoyle area- yep, there is a scarcity. You either change your search criteria and look at non-traditional options- or you change your tack and see what other options are open and available to you.

Irrespective of whether you're making money off your gambling or not- it should be the very first thing in the firing line, if you're considering having children- it will destroy you and your family, sooner or later, otherwise- there is nothing as certain as that- mark my words- there is no such thing as a certain bet- it doesn't exist.

Sit down with an independent financial advisor, see what you can do with your salaries now- and how he or she can advise you to plan for the future. You need to sitdown with someone who doesn't know you- who is free to tell you things as they are- because you certainly don't seem to be considering the bigger picture at the moment........

You're both on good NET salaries (very damn good NET salaries).
    I'm guessing you've no VHI or superannuation coming out of it- things that you will value as you get older- and things you will need if you have a child.

I'd suggest keeping very damn quiet about your gambling- you may think you're making 250 a week from it (and hell- you may be)- but it is viewed as a high risk activity- and if at some point in the future you decide you'd like to buy a property- lenders will run a mile if they so much as get a whiff of gambling. Further- even if you are making 250 a week now- there is absolutely nothing to say you won't loose thousands next week. It is a serious issue- especially if you're considering having a child- you cannot engage in high risk activities that put your child's future at risk. I'm speaking as someone who has a major in Applied Statistics by the way- I genuinely know what I'm talking about.

So- between you you're netting over 2k a month. What are you doing with this? Have you saved a nest egg (esp. if you're considering having children)?

With respect of your girlfriend and free childcare- this is a taxable benefit-in-kind and is considered to be taxable income- on which tax must be paid. No- I'm not joking. Its not free- there is a cost- even if she doesn't have to pay anything upfront. It is declared to the Revenue Commissioners at the cost it would cost a stranger who walks in off the street- and tax is due on it accordingly.

With respect of your job and her jobs being safe and secure- nothing is safe and secure. Public sector employees are loosing their jobs every day of the week- private sector jobs- some held by people for 30+ years are being made redundant without warning- some famous family names are vanishing from the Irish landscape. There is no such thing as 100% secure- regardless of what the industry is- public sector or private sector- 100% secure, does not exist. You need to plan and make contingencies for the unexpected. You seem to have an inordinately rosy view of life- perhaps things may always go swimmingly for you- but that is exceptional, and not the norm.

As for a scarcity of rental property in the Baldoyle area- yep, there is a scarcity. You either change your search criteria and look at non-traditional options- or you change your tack and see what other options are open and available to you.

Irrespective of whether you're making money off your gambling or not- it should be the very first thing in the firing line, if you're considering having children- it will destroy you and your family, sooner or later, otherwise- there is nothing as certain as that- mark my words- there is no such thing as a certain bet- it doesn't exist.

Sit down with an independent financial advisor, see what you can do with your salaries now- and how he or she can advise you to plan for the future. You need to sitdown with someone who doesn't know you- who is free to tell you things as they are- because you certainly don't seem to be considering the bigger picture at the moment........

I think I might cut it out and only bet the odd 10/20 quid in the bookies.

Are jobs might not be secure in 10 years. We are putting away roughly 2000 a month. So when we pay rent it might be 1500 as we can stop buying a lot of clothes eating in restraints 2/3 times a week.

As for the lack of rental on baldoyle - we have decided to leave that area ( upsetting for us ) and move to Kildare so we can buy a bigger cheaper house than in dublin.

There are loads of beautiful 5 bed detached houses with loads if land going for 450/500 k. While that would get you a 3 bed semi here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How are you saving 2k a month if you only get €150 per week and are trying to save for "collage" fees?

Maybe Buy an iphone 5 charger...

02 were in the wrong. They were talking BS about a 6 month warranty so I was trying to make out a desperate situation. To no avail

OMD wrote: »
    He should finish the leaving cert first. He will have more money

"Hey I'm starting 6th in a months and in looking for advice on the year and maybe my subjects. The course in doing only need roughly 230 points"

That was just for a topic to read because I had nothing else to do

vandriver wrote: »
    Your prospects have certainly looked up since last week!

"30 quid is money I don't have. So in now paying €40 a month for a phone I can't use for a while.

I have to pay for food, bills rent and save for collage fees out if €150 a week.
    I only have the phone cause I had €220 at Christmas and can pay €10 a week for it"

Yea because I'm that poor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That was just for a topic to read because I had nothing else to do

Just like this topic?

• Advertisement

Adverts | Friends
    Won my first accumulator
    Had
    WestHam
    NottsForest
    Liverpool
    Bradford
    All to win
    Odds were 8.02/1

All so had WestHam and Bradford in a double at 2,2

Had a 5er at 8.02/1 so got €40.10

And 3 at 2,2 so got 6.60
    So 46.70 from 8 is nice
    €38.70 profit

Going to treat myself to a nice Chinese takeaway and a few drinks.

You are certainly betting like a boss to be earning a steady €250 a week seeing as you only landed your first €40 accumulator 3 weeks ago.

Yea it was my first acca that I won ?
    You can earn plenty of singles in €10 stakes, I rarely bet accas anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

...must...not...feed....

Just like this topic?

No mate I was looking for advice on housing and my personal life was being criticised.

How are you saving 2k a month if you only get €150 per week and are trying to save for "collage" fees?

I earn much more than that mate

Twoandahalfmen

Adverts | Friends
    Jobs after Studing Business in collage
    What jobs can you get in business after studing it in collage im at a loss my son is considering this in callage but what jobs can he get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

As for the lack of rental on baldoyle - we have decided to leave that area ( upsetting for us ) and move to Kildare so we can buy a bigger cheaper house than in dublin.

There are loads of beautiful 5 bed detached houses with loads if land going for 450/500 k. While that would get you a 3 bed semi here.

Christ on a bike has no one learned anything from the mistakes people made during the Celtic Tiger. Upping and moving to an area you dont know, away from family for a cheaper house is lunacy. how much fun will it be when the baby comes????

the amount of miserable Dubs stuck in Laois, Kildare meath etc is unebelievable!

I think I might cut it out and only bet the odd 10/20 quid in the bookies.

Are jobs might not be secure in 10 years. We are putting away roughly 2000 a month. So when we pay rent it might be 1500 as we can stop buying a lot of clothes eating in restraints 2/3 times a week.

Right,so as an 18 year old,on (allegedly) 1k a week between you,you are going to get a mortgage for 10 times your joint income.I think you live in a fantasy world.

Right,so as an 18 year old,on (allegedly) 1k a week between you,you are going to get a mortgage for 10 times your joint income.I think you live in a fantasy world.

Nothing allegedly about it. We're saving half are wages a month. So 24k a year in 3 years = 80k of a 500k mortgage. Well have roughly 1/6 I what we want. We can always wait another 3 years and o have 160k

• Administrators Posts: 53,835 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Nothing allegedly about it. We're saving half are wages a month. So 24k a year in 3 years = 80k of a 500k mortgage. Well have roughly 1/6 I what we want. We can always wait another 3 years and o have 160k

You save half your supposed wages a month because you have nothing to pay for at the moment.

awec wrote: »
    You save half your supposed wages a month because you have nothing to pay for at the moment.

Why does everyone say supposed or allegedly. We can save more than 2k atm but we spent money on clothes go out for dinner 2/3 times a week. Buy breakfast and lunch at work. I pay my parents electrify and internet bills so roughly 400 a month. We can save alot more if we want but for the moment we like spending are money

• Advertisement

Why does everyone say supposed or allegedly. We can save more than 2k atm but we spent money on clothes go out for dinner 2/3 times a week. Buy breakfast and lunch at work. I pay my parents electrify and internet bills so roughly 400 a month. We can save alot more if we want but for the moment we like spending are money
    Maybe because of posts like this 3 months ago:

Yea it is.
    NOT EXPENSIVE €55 - €65 euro is alot for an unemployed 5th year doing the leaving in 12months

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This clearly doesn't add up. You're 18, haven't sat your leaving and making €900 a week into the hand, paying over €4/500 on your parents bills and your social life/clothes/food and yet you still say you're putting away 2k a month between ye?!

Looking at some of your other posts as linked/quoted here I can only assume this is a troll and if so, ironically, it just proves how those who did give advice are right about still having growing up to do.

But hey, if you are making that kind of cash (over 55k a year gross) without a leaving cert then clearly we're all the ones doing something wrong.

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    This clearly doesn't add up. You're 18, haven't sat your leaving and making €900 a week into the hand, paying over €4/500 on your parents bills and your social life/clothes/food and yet you still say you're putting away 2k a month between ye?!

Looking at some of your other posts as linked/quoted here I can only assume this is a troll and if so, ironically, it just proves how those who did give advice are right about still having growing up to do.

But hey, if you are making that kind of cash (over 55k a year gross) without a leaving cert then clearly we're all the ones doing something wrong.

I dropped out of school because I wasn't doing well. I worn for my dad. My GF has her leaving done and is nearly 19 she works for family. I am only getting that money cause if my dad. If it wasn't his
    Company I would be getting
    350 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I dropped out of school because I wasn't doing well. I worn for my dad. My GF has her leaving done and is nearly 19 she works for family. I am only getting that money cause if my dad. If it wasn't his
    Company I would be getting
    350 a week
    Does she work for family or a friend's mother, you keep getting confused?

Pembily wrote: »
    Does she work for family or a friend's mother, you keep getting confused?

She's considered family.
    Better than what she has. She hates most of her aunts cousins ect

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Twoandahalfmen

Adverts | Friends
    Jobs after Studing Business in collage
    What jobs can you get in business after studing it in collage im at a loss my son is considering this in callage but what jobs can he get
    Constructive posts only please.

Don't drag comments from other threads into this discussion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OP- I'm closing this thread.
    If you intend to post in this forum- please read and comply with the forum charter.
    Further- please PM me directly with a good explanation of why you have multiple accounts (on the one hand) and also explain how/why you've been caught out by several posters here with inconsistent stories.
    If I don't get good explanations to all of this- as a first step you will be banned from this forum- and possibly from the whole site.

Regards,

The_Conductor.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've seen enough. OP permabanned for trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement