Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Schools near Cork Airport

Options
  • 08-08-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I would be working in Cork Airport Business Park next month. I will be relocating with my wife, and daughter who is starting Junior Infant next month. Could anyone please recommend Primary Schools near Cork Airport Business Park or at most 30 minutes away? Will have to look for a house then that would be near the school. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Togher is only a 3/4 minute drive away. With traffic it might be 10 so still ok.
    Ballygarvin is probably even closer.
    Carrigaline and glasheen are close too if places are gone elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Togher would be spot on, or even Douglas isn't that far a treck but you might get caught in Donnybrook the traffic there in the morning is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Milly33 wrote: »
    Togher would be spot on, or even Douglas isn't that far a treck but you might get caught in Donnybrook the traffic there in the morning is shocking

I'd imagine trying to get a place in a school might be tricky at this stage. You have to have your name down years in advance for some schools! Might not apply to Togher though but I'd imagine it'd be fairly tight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SK76

Would be helpful top know if want to live it city or country. If you go west, you have Ballygarvan, Belgooly and Goggins Hill all with big schools. If the city then Turners Cross and Douglas are your best bet. Less traffic obviously if country based.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

we're in carrigaline and my wife works up in the airport business park too and is only about 10 mins away. you're never stuck in traffic and there are a lot of schools to choose from in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

If you want to live on the outskirts of the city, Scoil Nioclas in Frankfield is very close - I doubt if you would get any traffic if you went to the airport from there via Cooney's Lane. Saint Columba's is close to there as well

Advertisement