Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yep, crazy. He's been in quite a few things lately, Zero Dark 30, Captain America 2.

Home and Away :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Home and Away :p

That's right! He was Johnny Cooper the baddest bad guy to ever grace Summer Bay's beaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So.... add cyborg to the list of justice league members appearing in Batman vs Superman

RAY FISHER CAST AS CYBORG IN BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2014/04/25/ray-fisher-cast-as-cyborg-in-batman-vs-superman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Getting ridiculous at this stage...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

One would hazard a guess at this stage that his appearance will be a passing cameo; there for those who know the character, without getting in the core narrative. Or at least, one would hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I think that they will show the formation on the league at the end, in response to bats and supes barely averting some undue fuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

So, at this point are they just making a live action "Justice League War"? If you're going to throw this many new characters on screen together for the first time you may as well go guns blazing with it. No need to try and make it "real world".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To nobodys great surprise, there will be a Justice League film, following on from the Batman v. Superman flick which will act as the lead-in for the full JC film. Hopefully that means all these appearances of other JC characters will indeed just be walk-ons and cameos for the observant. Zack Synder will still be the one in charge mind you:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/04/27/warner-bros-details-plans-for-justice-league-movie-exclusive/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

I wish Zack Synder wasn't directing this. Give it to Brad Bird for god's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

These films are going to be pants!

I wish they weren't but I really can't see Batman Vs Superman or the JLA movies being any good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    These films are going to be pants!

I wish they weren't but I really can't see Batman Vs Superman or the JLA movies being any good.

Heres to giving films that haven't even been filmed yet a chance....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm really struggling to think of a single good (not decent, good) Zack Snyder film. I'll see this however it turns out as I love both characters but my hopes are not high.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'm really struggling to think of a single good (not decent, good) Zack Snyder film. I'll see this however it turns out as I love both characters but my hopes are not high.

There are none. He's an awful director. I was genuinely surprised that Man of Steel was as good as it was (until the last half hour).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There are none. He's an awful director. I was genuinely surprised that Man of Steel was as good as it was (until the last half hour).

I'm inclined to mention Watchmen as the very idea of turning that into a 150 minute film was ludicrous to begin with so it's not fair to level that one at him.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I actually don't mind most of his films but I really didnt like MoS. it was nowhere near as awful as Sucker Punch though, truly terrible film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

In my opinion Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen and Man of Steel are all good movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I quite liked Dawn of the Dead and 300 for what they were.

He did a pretty ok with Watchmen.

I do think the MoS cast was good but between Snyder and Goyer they managed to make a mess of most of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I thought Dawn of the Dead had a lot going for it, but generally think he's a complete hack.

I liked parts of Dawn of the Dead, most of Man of Steel and I thought 300 was great when I was 18. But in general, barring MoS, they're actually terrible films. Watchmen was especially awful for me, given how great the graphic novel is. One of the things I hate most about Snyder is how bad his films are when none of them are original works. They're all adaptations and he couldn't even get that right. I could understand if he came up with an original concept, character, idea or anything and it failed. Then, I'd at least respect his efforts. But to have all of your films be pretty much handed to you and your one task be simply not to fcuk it up and still fail... It just makes me dislike him that much more.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I liked parts of Dawn of the Dead, most of Man of Steel and I thought 300 was great when I was 18. But in general, barring MoS, they're actually terrible films. Watchmen was especially awful for me, given how great the graphic novel is. One of the things I hate most about Snyder is how bad his films are when none of them are original works. They're all adaptations and he couldn't even get that right. I could understand if he came up with an original concept, character, idea or anything and it failed. Then, I'd at least respect his efforts. But to have all of your films be pretty much handed to you and your one task be simply not to fcuk it up and still fail... It just makes me dislike him that much more.

Sucker Punch was all his own work. I hope he never does an original work again!

Personally like Watchmen think its his best film along with Dawn of the Dead and as good a film as anyone could have made with the source material imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Watchmen was especially awful for me, given how great the graphic novel is.

Having read the graphic novel after the film I was struck by just how close Snyder stuck to the source material. The extended cut even includes the black freighter stuff, and I would say that if anything he was nearly too faithful.

I think the film would have been improved by a better director who was more willing to take risks. Some things might work on the page but need to be adapted for the big screen.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sucker Punch was all his own work. I hope he never does an original work again!

Personally like Watchmen think its his best film along with Dawn of the Dead and as good a film as anyone could have made with the source material imo.

Sucker Punch... the one Snyder film I haven't seen and it completely steps on my point. Bah1
    Having read the graphic novel after the film I was struck by just how close Snyder stuck to the source material. The extended cut even includes the black freighter stuff, and I would say that if anything he was nearly too faithful.

I think the film would have been improved by a better director who was more willing to take risks. Some things might work on the page but need to be adapted for the big screen.

This is exactly what I disliked about Watchmen. It was like watching a moving version of teh comic; not something I'm interested in. I wanted a faithful adaptation that wouldn't be afraid to be its own piece of work.

I should have really said why I think they will be poor.

Zack Snyder is one thing, I think he is totally overrated and a poor director.

Man of Steel was a huge disappointment.

Shoehorning Batman into a MoS sequel (now along with several other DC heroes) reeks of Warner thinking Superman can't hold up his own sequel.

They are really rushing to get this JLA film made too it seems several failed attempts and delays. I really can't see it being good at all, the story is going to be the last thing thought about possibly, get the actors and characters they want in the film first, then work into a massive CGI fest with minimal plot.

I'd love to be completely wrong, and that MoS and JLA will be totally class, and Affleck will be the best Batman yet, but I don't think so, thats way too much to hope for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pretty interesting interview that Josh Hartnett did where he mentioned that he turned down the roles of Superman, Batman AND Spiderman.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/josh-hartnett-reveals-he-turned-down-chance-to-play/337826

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Corholio wrote: »
    Pretty interesting interview that Josh Hartnett did where he mentioned that he turned down the roles of Superman, Batman AND Spiderman.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/josh-hartnett-reveals-he-turned-down-chance-to-play/337826

Just from looking at that photo of him in the article, I am glad he did!

Ah no, he would have been interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Actually watching Man Of Steel again a few times over the last couple of weeks and it's not that bad, then again it had Nolan's hand on it, but don't hold out any hope on the follow up movies Warner trying too hard to keep up with Marvel's avenger movies, which will prove to be a costly mistake and lose core DC movie fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Batmobile sneak peek, more tomorrow apparently.

BncsTOSCYAAl99e.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Based on the profile, and the massive tires, it will probably look like a mix between the Burton- and Nolan-mobile (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Otacon wrote: »
    Based on the profile, and the massive tires, it will probably look like a mix between the Burton- and Nolan-mobile (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

That was the first thought that crossed my mind too.

Still quite worried about this project as a whole - just smacks so much of desperation on WB's part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Bnhzak2CMAAmX8Z.jpg#

Batsuit/mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

Picture up on Zack Snyder's twitter...

(I can't post because I'm a new user!)

Edit: googled eyes, beat me to it!

I was really hoping we wouldn't be getting short ears.

Batmobile looks class though

Bnhzak2CMAAmX8Z.jpg#

Batsuit/mobile

Looks great.

I was really hoping we wouldn't be getting short ears.

Batmobile looks class though

I think the small ears look ok. Like the look of the suit. That its not armour like the previous trilogy

I think the small ears look ok. Like the look of the suit. That its not armour like the previous trilogy

I suppose its not fair to judge until I see it on film but I've never liked any of the short ear cowls before. I always feel he kinda looks bald with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Catman :pac:
    56gqEG.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Catman :pac:
    56gqEG.jpg

Catman

I+find+it+funny+that+Catman+is+a+real+villain+_bc1fb6a9070fcdb6f07c763d70d88034.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Zach Snyder just tweeted this....

My excit-o-meter just went to 11

Very much like Jim Lee's Batman.

But also people can be forgiven for saying Catman!

I can't say if I like this yet or not to be honest.

And damn, Affleck still in the movie (just go already)! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hard to make out, but it kinda looks like the Dark Knight Returns suit meets the moulded rubber movie suits. Not horrible.

EDIT: Expanded DKR to clarify Dark Knight Returns, and not Rises.

• Advertisement

Someone has coloured it already

original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Someone has coloured it already

original.jpg

is that a joker easter egg on the left bottom of the pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Was thinking the same thing. Harley Quinn looking.

If there's one thing we can be sure about, it's that Synder knows how to entice with a flashy, dramatic photo; after all, it's the ultimate slow-motion shot so it'd be right up his alley :D

As to the picture itself, it's far FAR too brooding to make anything out, but honestly if there's one thing I liked about the Nolan Batman films, it was the attempt to move away from the ludicrousness of moulded, plastic superhero costumes. This looks to be going back in that direction and I just can't buy into that; mind you, it is difficult to tell for sure, given the saturated forced DRAMA that's happening in the shot :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Looks amazing. And love the sheer heft of him.

Sad Batman is sad.

TqsNvFl.jpg
    DKhQqnW_medium.jpg
    WqNYmXZ_medium.jpg
    Cq0hluh.jpg
    GaW9YPz_medium.jpg
    3taVH0s_medium.jpg
    tIdZg8b_medium.jpg
    r6mVBq2.jpg?1
    BIfsabX.jpg
    60ALdmA.png
    5m1ax7H.jpg
    Abs6IpK_medium.jpg
    HTkereV_medium.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/13/5714096/ben-affleck-is-sad-batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I gotta say, Batfleck looks the part. Dat chin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Dark; Brooding
    Important; Groundbreaking
    DARKNESS
    NO PARENTS
    CONTINUED DARKNESS
    MORE DARKNESS, GET IT?
    THE OPPOSITE OF LIGHT
    BLACK HOLE
    CURTAINS DRAWN
    IN THE BASEMENT
    MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
    BLACKED OUT WINDOWS
    OTHER PLACES THAT ARE DARK
    BLACK SUIT
    BLACK COFFEE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Suit looks good to me, short ears a little weird but overall looks the part. Chest insignia very like The Dark Knight Returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭fluke

I had that same look when I realised I had locked myself out of my car

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

He looks the part certainly! Just hope they don't make a mess of this movie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement