Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Marvel have a film scheduled for release on the same day as this. Unless it's The Avengers 3 they'd be wise to move their date.

It's Captain America 3. They won't be released at the same time, one of the studios will budge for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

yeah but who? I would see Cap first TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

This will move id be sure of it. It will probably come out a week before cap3. Hopefully we get it before the us as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 A.J.P

I can't remember Snyder or DC calling this A Man of Steel sequel. He announced a movie with both characters in it. I could be very very wrong. If there was no Batman or Wonder Woman in it, and it was just Lex, I feel it would still have been Superman's name second. Lex v Superman......personally it gives the impression that the first name is challenging the second. Like in boxing, sometimes the challengers name is first, because he's taking on the champ. The champs name is second on the poster, but written in larger print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Cap 2 was good, but forgettable, like most of Marvel's films. Once the first trailer hits for BVS there will only be one film most will be seeing on opening weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cap 2 was good, but forgettable, like most of Marvel's films. Once the first trailer hits for BVS there will only be one film most will be seeing on opening weekend.

Personally disagree re Cap 2, thought it was up there with the best of the genre and certainly the 2nd best Marvel film over all. Don't think Cap would be able to match Batman as a box office draw though to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I haven't seen cap2 yet but you're spot on when the first trailer hits it will be all the internet is talking about. If this is done right I think we have the highest grossing film of all time here.

or the death knell of DC cinema for 10 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cap 2 was brilliant, imo, but as far as I know it has done poorly in the cinema, so I reckon it will be moved out of the way of SvsB, would be crazy for them to think it will win out based on Cap 2 performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Cap 2 was brilliant, imo, but as far as I know it has done poorly in the cinema,

There's this thing called the internet where you can look stuff up, like worldwide boxoffice:

Cap2: 709 off a 170 m budget: 4.14 return.
    MoS: 668 off a 225 million budget - 2.96 return.

Cap2 a clear winner.

DCs hope would be that putting Batman in would give a return like:

Dark Knight: 1004 off 185 m: 5.4!!

But:

Batman Begins: 274 off 150: 2.5 :(

So starting with MoS sequel, stick in Batman without Nolan or Bale, add in Daredevil star Affleck: this movie could beat John Carter as Bomb of the Century.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ Yeah but Batman Begins surprised everyone as to how good it was, Nolan had only made two big movies at that stage. I dont even remember any hype about it coming out that summer, it was the same year as Episode III, Sin City, War of The Worlds and a few other big movies that summer, BB is great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jason Momoa now linked to be Aquaman in this!

Have they ever heard the old saying.. Too many cooks......

ign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Jason Momoa now linked to be Aquaman in this!

Have they ever heard the old saying.. Too many cooks......

ign

I think they heard the newer saying.... The Avengers is the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time ;)

Absolute quality. Fan made I reckon but it does remind me of the "... remember the one man who beat you..." quote...

KX5Eost.jpg

For anyone that hasn't seen it. Watch "The Dark Knight Returns" animated film. Thank me later.

Clark Kent.
    120145_gal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

Actually doesn't look too bad as clark there.

Needs giant nerd glasses though to complete the look.

And as his 'disguise' of course..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I haven't seen cap2 yet but you're spot on when the first trailer hits it will be all the internet is talking about. If this is done right I think we have the highest grossing film of all time here.

You give it more credit than I do. I'm really not sure if the hunger is there for another Batman movie so relatively soon after TDKR, especially among non-comic fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

syklops wrote: »
    I'm really not sure if the hunger is there for another Batman movie so relatively soon after TDKR.

Think you're spot on here!!! To me, TDKR was shockingly poor. Such a massive let down to the TDK.

Wasn't atall impressed with the latest Superman movie either. I'm hoping the story stays more Dark Knight than Superman!

Also, Affleck....... Just not 100% convinced on that move. Don't really like him as an actor, but he may be able to put on one hell of a performance with this one. Here's hoping!!!

Only one way to find out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

hallo dare wrote: »
    Think you're spot on here!!! To me, TDKR was shockingly poor. Such a massive let down to the TDK.

Wasn't atall impressed with the latest Superman movie either. I'm hoping the story stays more Dark Knight than Superman!

Also, Affleck....... Just not 100% convinced on that move. Don't really like him as an actor, but he may be able to put on one hell of a performance with this one. Here's hoping!!!

Only one way to find out!!!

Well I enjoyed TDKR, but my problem is I don't feel like Superman could fit into the same universe as Batman in the recent, gritty, realistic guise. He could fit into the previous Batman Forever/Batman and Robin universe, but those movies were pretty poor. Also the casting of Affleck, it feels like when Clooney was cast which was B&R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I wonder how much money WB threw at Bale in attempt for him to come back for a TDK/MOS team up? I'm sure THAT would have been truly gargantuan.

TDKR was very close to MOS in terms of fantasy anyways, It would not even be a stretch, it seems a pity to throw Nolan's world away.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Well I enjoyed TDKR, but my problem is I don't feel like Superman could fit into the same universe as Batman in the recent, gritty, realistic guise. He could fit into the previous Batman Forever/Batman and Robin universe, but those movies were pretty poor. Also the casting of Affleck, it feels like when Clooney was cast which was B&R.

It won't be the same iteration of Batman as the Nolan films IMO, I'm expecting something more true in spirit to the animated series or comics where he retains the dark gritty aspects but exists in a world with plenty of fantasy aspects.

There's no need for Batman to be as gaudy as the Schumacher films for superman to fit in with him, supes and batman have always worked well together.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It won't be the same iteration of Batman as the Nolan films IMO, I'm expecting something more true in spirit to the animated series or comics where he retains the dark gritty aspects but exists in a world with plenty of fantasy aspects.

There's no need for Batman to be as gaudy as the Schumacher films for superman to fit in with him, supes and batman have always worked well together.

I'd love a Batman on the same wavelength as the Arkham games, gritty but fantastical as well.

krudler wrote: »
    I'd love a Batman on the same wavelength as the Arkham games, gritty but fantastical as well.

Sort of like the tim burton ones...

Only with less tim burton.

Sort of like the tim burton ones...

Only with less tim burton.

Exactly, I loved the design of Gotham in the Burton movies, especially the first one, it felt like a living breathing city that once had opulence and fantastic architecture and had fallen into ruin. The 40's style fashion just added to it. No wonder they took it as inspiration for Batman The Animated Series, which is fantastic and I keep meaning to rewatch it now it's on the Canadian netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

People here should vote for this, very cool design!

www.qwertee.com/product/batman-vs-superman-yin-yang

New image of Cavill as Superman:

1404338747000-USA-Today-Online2.jpg

Still looks the part anyway. I presume that's Gotham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gotham or else he took a wrong turn and end up in Sin City.

maximoose wrote: »
    Gotham or else he took a wrong turn and end up in Sin City.

Or mordor!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Open JPG.
    Go to Filters -> Artistic -> Angst.
    Set to 100.

Sorry, just can't get excited by a shot like that. Far too grim and miserable looking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looks like he wound up in Victorian London.

Superman fights his old nemesis, The Chimney Sweeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

pixelburp wrote: »
    Open JPG.
    Go to Filters -> Artistic -> Angst.
    Set to 100.

Sorry, just can't get excited by a shot like that. Far too grim and miserable looking :)

BUT but... it's DARK! and GRITTY!

Everyone knows dark + gritty = success.

That Superman pose is prime for photoshopping onto random happy backdrops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PS4FORLOSERS

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Looks like he wound up in Victorian London.

Superman fights his old nemesis, The Chimney Sweeper.

Nah, Superman fights his arch enemy, Mary Poppins. Seems a spoonful of sugar is his new Kryptonite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Mickeroo wrote: »
    New image of Cavill as Superman:

1404338747000-USA-Today-Online2.jpg

Still looks the part anyway. I presume that's Gotham.

47783436.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

You can say what you want about the grim darkness but Cavill still looks the part

Three more Villians now linked.

nerdist

I wish they would just come out and call it a Justice League Film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

nerdist

Meh. They're not really 'villains' per se. Supporting cast and nothing more really; like including Perry White or Alfred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Bacchus wrote: »
    That Superman pose is prime for photoshopping onto random happy backdrops.

That's not all it's prime for :D:
    jcpot184vooxylrndjhh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Amanda Waller should be interesting, hope they go with the Justice League Unlimited Project Cadmus angle for her, hope they get a cold bitch to play her too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭LeonardNelson

the picture above made my day. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Cant wait to see it, But I think Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor is a bad choice. He doesn't have the smug sense of Evil Luthor needs, Sure he was a smug git in now you see me, But its not the same.
    You need someone who genuinely looks down on people and thinks he is in a different evolutionary bracket than them, Maybe Kanye West then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

nerdist

There is now a story that Kevin Smith wrote a fake script which was deliberately leaked to news outlets which is the source of these rumours:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/fake-batman-v-superman-script-written-and-leaked-by-kevin-smith

There is now a story that Kevin Smith wrote a fake script which was deliberately leaked to news outlets which is the source of these rumours:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/fake-batman-v-superman-script-written-and-leaked-by-kevin-smith

Wasn't he also leaking something re; Star Wars yesterday or the day before as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wasn't he also leaking something re; Star Wars yesterday or the day before as well?

He visited the set of Episode VII on JJ Abrams' invitation. He said he couldn't share anything, having signed an NDA, but at one of his shows he was asked if he caught sight of any Stormtroopers - he didn't confirm but reportedly he couldn't hide his smile at the question and then nodded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

sw-7-17-480w_medium.jpg

Somebody photoshop a hockey jersey on this thing.

...I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

That's not all it's prime for :D:
    jcpot184vooxylrndjhh.jpg

Justkiss League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Brokebat Mountain

Amanda Waller should be interesting, hope they go with the Justice League Unlimited Project Cadmus angle for her, hope they get a cold bitch to play her too.

Why not just CCH Pounder!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Not sure of the authenticity of this, but pretty cool either way.....

Not sure of the authenticity of this, but pretty cool either way.....

I'd be a s***e superhero..

If I had a batcomputer I would spend all day on it determining if internet trailers were real or not.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

I saw Henry Cavill in a film, Whatever Works, on RTE1 last night and he was very good in it.

I also think Ben Affleck can act and is a great director BUT

I think this will be a huge flop. Warners have screwed up every inch of what could be the best and biggest blockbuster of all time IMO.

In California they seek advance warning of earthquakes, earth-shattering events, and I'm telling WB right now, 15 months in advance --- you've got a studio-killer on your hands right now:eek:

PS Sorry for negativity DC/WB fans but this isn't working out for me.

PPS Hope I'm proved wrong

• Advertisement
Advertisement