Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Not sure of the authenticity of this, but pretty cool either way.....

Hard to tell with the quality but the suit looks more like Nolans, and the cave looks like a dark room. I wouldn't be sure if Nolan's Syncopy is still producing either.

But definitely a cool concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hard to tell with the quality but the suit looks more like Nolans, and the cave looks like a dark room. I wouldn't be sure if Nolan's Syncopy is still producing either.

But definitely a cool concept.

Sorry for being the dunce but what exactly is the concept here? Is it just that Batman was watching the news like the rest of the world, when Zod gave his speech?

Sorry for being the dunce but what exactly is the concept here? Is it just that Batman was watching the news like the rest of the world, when Zod gave his speech?

Well yes, I think it would be interesting if Bruce's doubt towards Clark was born out of that speech Zod gave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

In the comics batman doubted that a super human with that much power should be trusted. He is batman, he sees everything as a potential threat, it's kind of his thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

allibastor wrote: »
    In the comics batman doubted that a super human with that much power should be trusted. He is batman, he sees everything as a potential threat, it's kind of his thing

That sounds intriguing - and I'm not being sarcastic :-) ....if i wanted to get in on the ground floor re batman and superman in the comic books where would I start? Is there a set/collection that started them off re introducing them to each other?

BTW - I watched the dark knight returns cartoon movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

That sounds intriguing - and I'm not being sarcastic :-) ....if i wanted to get in on the ground floor re batman and superman in the comic books where would I start? Is there a set/collection that started them off re introducing them to each other?

BTW - I watched the dark knight returns cartoon movie

If you watch batman the origional series they have a meeting in that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I highly recommend the Justice League graphic novel Tower of Babel for a good insight into how Batman feels about Superman and other superhumans in general.

It was also made into an animated movie called Justice League: Doom if you don't want to read the comic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Batman has a contingency plan for every member of The Justice League, he carries a piece of kryptonite inside lead both so Superman can't see it and to stop it from giving him cancer, the man is a ****ed up rich power mad orphan.

Why not just CCH Pounder!?

Pam Grier would be a good choice too.

• Advertisement

Wasn't the news, Zod hacked every tv,pc,mobile phone etc to broadcast that message, everyone everywhere heard it in their language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

batman-ben-affleck-600x901.jpg?9098e0

That's a pretty damn good Batman chin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Looks great!

I like that he's not clean shaven, has a Dark Knight Returns look about it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Born to play him, looks wise at least.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Born to play him, looks wise at least.

Years ago if they had gone down the aging Batman route, Clint Eastwood would have been a perfect choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Thats a great image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I am the law! Put down your weapons and prepare to be judged!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Wow, that picture of him looks fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Looks the part, impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Have to go against the grain here and say I still don't like the look of him as Batman and I think he is going to sound even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Looks great, but that chin :pac:

Looks a bit Charlie Baileygates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

krudler wrote: »
    I like that he's not clean shaven, has a Dark Knight Returns look about it

Yeah batman needs a shave!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

Full suit revealed at comic con apparently.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/07/batman-versus-superman-complete-batsuit

bat_zps49253086.jpg

Looks pretty heavily influenced by dark knight returns, which is no bad thing as far as im concerned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Full suit revealed at comic con apparently.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/07/batman-versus-superman-complete-batsuit

bat_zps49253086.jpg

Looks pretty heavily influenced by dark knight returns, which is no bad thing as far as im concerned.

It looks too cartoonism in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont like that suit at all. Looks real cheap or something.

Looks shopped, Logo looks way too polished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I think the suit is fantastic. Finally we'll be able to actually see Batman and not just a wall of black. New direction for the character on film, new costume design (which is obviously based on the costume in one of the best Batman books there is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Jumboman wrote: »
    It looks too cartoonism in my opinion.
    Raf32 wrote: »
    Dont like that suit at all. Looks real cheap or something.
    Looks shopped, Logo looks way too polished.

:pac:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/thumbnail_large_300x169/2014/07/comic_con_batfleck_costume_a_p.jpg

Sort the image out duggy. :P

Just a quick side by side for comparison.

bat2_zpsd952767f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Goddamit I'm on the phone now.

Picture on last page is shopped, the one I linked showed the original which was just the cowl and cape.

Duggy747 wrote: »

Yeah I got the impression from the article I linked that that was the 'teaser' reveal from yesterday.
    Batman’s bat suit may have been revealed yesterday at San Diego's Comic Con, at least partially, but now the whole suit has been made public so you can rest easy.
    Y’all really didn't think Batman was just going to wear a cape and cowl, right?

Mind you I could have been fooled!

I seen the original cowl and cape image duggy so you're alright, I had an advantage in knowing it was shopped.

Seriously, not even Snyder would make such a clanger as to make the logo ridiculously visible.

Ah yeah it looks like it's been shopped after all!

tumblr_n96kc6drkv1s5zf6fo1_500.jpg

D'oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Apparently the photo with just the cowl and cape isn't the final one from the film either. It's a prototype that Snyder had made for it.

BtfHMcNCUAAEU6U.jpg

BtfLxOLCMAAEEGq.jpg

Nice! Still a slim frame but she looks imposing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The heels look ludicruous, but it's probably a miracle Wonder Woman is even featuring on the big screen. I wonder how much she features in the actual plot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

As ludicrous as the cod pieces??
    I would love if they just kept it to those three.. Alas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

God damn colour grading....let the colours be.
    More DARK AND GRITTY advertising to draw the teenagers.

It's the equivalent of someone bastardising Nintendo's colourful iconography.

Much better:

1406399743-k4r5kuv.png

So this image is doing the rounds

BtgF2tCCYAI1afx.jpg

Guess that's
    Batman beating the ****e out of Superman
    in his power-armour confirmed then.

^ hell yes

Dark-Knight-Returns.gif

It's from an alleged teaser shown at comic con. It's meant to be basic stuff, Bats is on some rough with the bat sign shining. Camera pans to Supes in the sky looking angry at Bats and starts up the red eye ray. That's where it ends.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As ludicrous as the cod pieces??
    I would love if they just kept it to those three.. Alas

Never said anything about cod pieces, though if you call it crotch protection it makes some vague, practical sense hehe :) High heels,knee-high boots n' all just look silly on a character who's supposed to be some warrior ass-kicker; but then considering fanboys recently went apesh*t because DC took her out of the one-piece and into jeans and a leather jacket, it's not that much of a surprise
    So this image is doing the rounds

BtgF2tCCYAI1afx.jpg

Dark Knight Returns it is: though if my memory of that comic is correct, I hope the film also copies the relative intimacy of that fight, where it happens over a couple of blocks, instead of the citywide, CGI destruction I fear will happen.

• Advertisement

Dark Knight returns esque, I'm so excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

[LEGIT] BATMAN VS SUPERMAN LEAKED TEASER TRAILER …: http://youtu.be/TXWHv3XICZI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

hallo dare wrote: »
    [LEGIT] BATMAN VS SUPERMAN LEAKED TEASER TRAILER …: http://youtu.be/TXWHv3XICZI

:( removed

Bacchus wrote: »
    :( removed

You'll find it, just type dawn of justice teaser into youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

krudler wrote: »
    ^ hell yes

Dark-Knight-Returns.gif

given how fast Supes can move, i never really bought into the suit being effective. Look what the Flash was shown to do to Brainiac/Luthor suit in Justice Leage animated.

It's not like Stark, with the hulk buster, which combats brute strength. Supes is just too powerful with every power in the book thrown into him

• Advertisement
Advertisement