Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think the issue is it was done really badly rather than what they were trying to do. It was a poor film overall anyway though regardless of the dull action scenes.

I thought the action and flying scenes were the only good parts of the movie lol, which is why I haven't got much hope for these sequels as films overall but I am still excited for the inevitable crazy action scenes which is why most people even watch superhero movies. How much of a decent, relatable story can one expect to get from a bunch of aliens and mutants in what are basically kids movies anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think the issue is it was done really badly rather than what they were trying to do. It was a poor film overall anyway though regardless of the dull action scenes.

I watched mos for the 2nd time before Christmas and I would call it above average for the most part. My biggest issue with the film would actually be Cavill, I'm not convinced by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I recently watched mos myself and I have to agree. Although Cavill looks the part I'm not sure if its him or if he was given much to work with.

tumblr_mmpfq6e0dm1rrkahjo2_400.gif

Still my favourite scene in the film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

His dialogue definitely didn't help. Goyer isn't writing the script this time so I'm sure that will help a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Biggest problem with MOS is there was no Clark Kent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Or, Henry hasn't found out that Batman's gonna kill off Supes in the first one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I thought the action and flying scenes were the only good parts of the movie lol, which is why I haven't got much hope for these sequels as films overall but I am still excited for the inevitable crazy action scenes which is why most people even watch superhero movies. How much of a decent, relatable story can one expect to get from a bunch of aliens and mutants in what are basically kids movies anyway.

The Dark Knight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Any idea of when a teaser will be released for this? Surely they should be releasing the comic con one soon?

Aquaman

568710712349949952?s=09

Your going to have people bitching about how he looks(no suit etc) but let's face it Momoa was never going to look like Arthur Curry.

He looks good though. Looks powerful. Big deal being made of it considering its reported to only be a cameo

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Your going to have people bitching about how he looks(no suit etc) but let's face it Momoa was never going to look like Arthur Curry.

He looks good though. Looks powerful. Big deal being made of it considering its reported to only be a cameo

I always thought Aquaman's suit was a bit naff, this looks much better and more like how he looked in the JL animated series which is fine by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

syklops wrote: »
    The Dark Knight.
    Not a good example, that was C.Nolan directed so you're talking god status amongst the film makers. Kids can only wish for a film about flying men with superpowers to be made by god. Mr. Nolan keeps it real and grounded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Not a good example, that was C.Nolan directed so you're talking god status amongst the film makers. Kids can only wish for a film about flying men with superpowers to be made by god. Mr. Nolan keeps it real and grounded.

I agree TDK is an amazing movie first of all, but Batman's a bit different than what I was describing, out of basically all the superheroes he's the most 'normal' and believable/realistic so the Nolan trilogy really made use of that which is why it was so good. I think it'd be hard to have a similar serious tone with most of the others and be able to actually pull it off as well as TDK trilogy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think what helped with the Nolan batman trilogy is that whatever else they were, good or bad, they gave more focus on being crime thrillers in colourful clothing; big splashy gangster epics that just happened to feature a vigilante in a bat costume. Even the better Marvel films understood that it made your job easier if the superantics were pitched against existing genres and motifs. Care in point would be captain america 2: one part superhero film, one part 70s style government conspiracy thriller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

B69A874B-EFBE-4E4E-A177-3872F008B41B_zpsgkllvci2.jpg

^^^^
    50 Shades of Gray Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is that real? The chest logo is very different from the one released in the first image of Batman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is that real? The chest logo is very different from the one released in the first image of Batman

Ears are a lot bigger as well.

Is it not one of the suits from the Arkham games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

A quick Google image search reveals it's a custom model by some random custom modeller and has nothing to do with the forthcoming movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

I think the poster Sobko likes to have some fun with you guys, whip you all into a massive frenzy tornado type, is it? isn't it?. Detective Dair76 is on the case though before it gets out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wonderboy76

I'm hoping we see something soon that's more promo-like than the heavily filtered instagram shots we've had so far. I want to see everyone in colour, not sepia and grey.

So will we get the first full trailer at SDCC or will it be kept for some movie Warners want to add a boost too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I want to see everyone in colour, not sepia and grey.

I hope you like blue and orange!

I hope you like blue and orange!

Ha I don't mind, blue and orange was the theme of my suit at a wedding last weekend.

I'm a WW fan so I am hoping sans filter her suit is a little less brown. I'm hopfeully we get some gold and green in Aquaman.

So will we get the first full trailer at SDCC or will it be kept for some movie Warners want to add a boost too.

There'll surely be some sort of teaser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So what's the story with this film ?

Will it be a genuine battle between the 2, because to me that seems retarded ?

How can a mortal man possibly be any threat v Superman ??

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the_monkey wrote: »

Dark Knight Returns (comic, animated movie) had a very well done fight between the two. Superman has his weakness. Personally I don't believe they could go the exact same way, but they could go close - and it could be fine (and epic).

I think there will be a fight, based on the SDCC teaser last year - it fit with the DKR fight as well. Will be interesting to see how they place it, and contextualise it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Batman stocks up on Kryptonite, makes Superman weaker than a poorly constructed agrument.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Batman stocks up on Kryptonite, makes Superman weaker than a poorly constructed agrument.

ah yes, Kryptonite I forgot about that - so Batman can be a bad guy too ... interesting ...

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well not necessarily a bad guy. Cautious, I'd say. In the comics, Superman even gives batman a kryptonite ring in case Superman ever went crazy (as he has done at times). And it would make sense that if you were a superhero and you saw some alien with amazing powers arrive on earth and then have a battle that destroyed a large section of a city in order to stop another alien who was intent on wiping out humanity, you'd probably feel it was your job to make sure that doesn't happen again. :)

All sorts of rumours flying about on how Bats can take on Supes - not surpring, Lex features in most...

How Wonder Woman figures in the middle of all this I can't begin to fathom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

How Wonder Woman figures in the middle of all this I can't begin to fathom.

She walks about before the bell holding up a sign saying what round it is.

humanji wrote: »
    Well not necessarily a bad guy. Cautious, I'd say. In the comics, Superman even gives batman a kryptonite ring in case Superman ever went crazy (as he has done at times). And it would make sense that if you were a superhero and you saw some alien with amazing powers arrive on earth and then have a battle that destroyed a large section of a city in order to stop another alien who was intent on wiping out humanity, you'd probably feel it was your job to make sure that doesn't happen again. :)

Are these comics a good read ?

Bearing in mind I'm a 36 year old man :o

They're a great read, regardless of your age.

Age has nothing to bear on comics.

Love dipping back in from time to time. Be it actual comics/ graphic novels or animated films.

Great, can I get them for the iPad ?

Great, can I get them for the iPad ?

Download an app called Comixology and you'll get em there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Dark Knight Returns is fantastic. Some great lines.
    Superman talking to Batman: You were the one they used against us, Bruce. The one who played it rough. When the noise started from the parents' groups and the sub-committee called us in for questioning... you were the one who laughed... that scary laugh of yours...

"Sure, we're criminals," you said. "We've always been criminals."

"We have to be criminals."

Batman to Superman: "Yes" - You always say yes - to anyone with a badge - or a flag.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, and have never really read 'comics' before as a man 5 years younger than yourself. I like it, the dialogue took a little getting used to but the I'm having no problem following the story, which is quite a good one and the fight between Batman (a human) and Superman is 'believable' within this fictional universe. I have a few more Batman graphic novels that I plan on getting through once I finish this one.

So far in The Dark Knight Rises, I have seen little speckles which Nolan used for his Batman movies, and I imagine that this forthcoming BvS movie will draw heavily from it. If you would like to experience The Dark Knight Returns story without reading the comic, there is an excellent animated film of it out there on the internet.

Anyway, I'm excited for this movie. While looking forward to all of the Batman elements and the incorporation of the Justice League characters, I have to remember that this is also a Man of Steel sequel. I might be in the minority, but I actually like that movie despite its flaws and am anxious to see more from that universe. While I imagine The Dark Knight Returns will inspire the actual battle scene in the forthcoming movie, I'd say the reasoning for this happening will be something to do with the events from the first movie. i.e. The destruction of a city and probably thousands of innocent lives with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

stankratz wrote: »
    there is an excellent animated film of it out there on the internet.

Yeah if you find yourself struggling with the graphic novel give the film a go - it's a 2 parter, and it really is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah if you find yourself struggling with the graphic novel give the film a go - it's a 2 parter, and it really is brilliant.

Saw it in the cinema last year or the year before - The Big Bang (comic shop in Dundrum) put it on in Movies@Dundrum. Place was sold out. Was brilliant seeing it on the big screen.

Saw it in the cinema last year or the year before - The Big Bang (comic shop in Dundrum) put it on in Movies@Dundrum. Place was sold out. Was brilliant seeing it on the big screen.

That sounds cool. Must see if they have a mailing list or something so I don't miss that kind of thing in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not to completely drag this onto a "what comics to buy" thread, pretty much everyone will recommend The Dark Knight Returns. You're better off looking for full story graphic novels instead of just getting random stories. There's plenty of storylines that are rubbish, but the best ones get put into graphic novel collections. Make sure to do a bit of research on them (you don't have to go too intense with, but it'll make sure you don't end up getting something you truly despise).

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Not to completely drag this onto a "what comics to buy" thread, pretty much everyone will recommend The Dark Knight Returns. You're better off looking for full story graphic novels instead of just getting random stories. There's plenty of storylines that are rubbish, but the best ones get put into graphic novel collections. Make sure to do a bit of research on them (you don't have to go too intense with, but it'll make sure you don't end up getting something you truly despise).

That's a great point

I'm going to be really interested to see how they create a new Batman for this movie, given there's several different incarnations till fresh in people's minds (Burton's, Schumacher's, Nolans) and how they balance the need to make this a fan's movie AND give it the wide appeal it needs to make the sort of profit the studio needs it to make.

I think Wonder Woman will be easier in some ways as there's really only one version of her most people know and it sounds as though they are dropping the established classic origin anyway and going with the new 52 story. She'll be easier to establish, I think. As for Aquaman, Cyborg et al they could probably do what they wanted and the average cinema goer wouldn't know if they'd strayed from canon or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

No sign of an official trailer for this? I hope whenever the trailer does land, that it's like the last time (looks good but doesn't give any of the story away).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Has filming finished ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement