Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

pixelburp wrote: »
    The Man of Steel trailer was one of the best blockbuster trailers I had seen in ages, and still remember the welling of enthusiasm off the back of it, with its enticing imagery and stirring use of the soundtrack. I wanted to run outside with a towel tied around my neck pretending to be superman :D Heck, it felt like there might be a chance it could back the ... nobility? of being a superhero. Nope. It was a big, fat grimdark angsty mess of a film. There's no way I'm falling for that trick twice! :)

Remember Costner's emotional delivery of "you are my son" and how it hinted an emotionally significant scene. Well, that was pretty much the entirety of what was in the movie.

I'm thinking Superman becomes a government lap dog (Like in the Dark Knight Returns 2 part animated thing, which is amazing btw..) out of guilt from the damage he caused to an entire city.. doing the wrong things for the right reasons, sort of... Batman steps in to beat some sense into him...

I'm also hearing a Dr. Wolper like voice at the beginning that starts with
    "Is it really surprising that the most powerwful man in the world, should be a figure of controversy?"

Seriously, everyone should just watch the Dark Knight returns part 2 and thank me later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Seriously, everyone should just watch the Dark Knight returns part 2 and thank me later.

Yeah or read the comic 30 years ago!

Also, generic trailer is generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

I'm also hearing a Dr. Wolper like voice at the beginning

Pretty sure that's Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Yeah, I don't see Superman being a government lapdog.
    At the end of MoS he doesn't seem to be on best terms with the military or government.

If anything I'd say the government/Luthor set Batman against Superman

How awkward would that last line be if he was fighting Supergirl?
    FlL7aq1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

link is here as the other one is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Fool me once Man of Steel trailer, won't fool me again. In terms of tone anyway, I never liked the Man of Steel trailers.

Awful lot of talking for a teaser trailer. It looks 'dark' but who knows really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

This looks like Snyder let off the already generous leash Nolan kept him on in Man of Steel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

How good is the quality on the leak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I watched this teaser twice already and I like it so far. The score looked intense at the end of it.

Can't wait for the official release of the teaser on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Jon Stark wrote: »
    How good is the quality on the leak?

[edit: This leak is the one I'm about to describe: https://vid.me/zvQk]

By leak standards, it's pretty good.

Main difficulty is that the trailer is dark (in lighting) and the recording of it makes it a bit darker.

There's one scene where Ben Afflecks face is blurred cos the recording device lost focus.

The sound is generally good with only the last sentence presenting a small difficulty to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Looks good. I would like to see Batman beat the tar out of Superman.

For what reason I have absolutely no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

A leaked trailer. Popular culture's latest journey into the ridiculous. Things were better when you seen some stills of an upcoming movie, then seen the trailer on a cinema screen, then seen the actual film on a cinema screen. This isn't angry-man nostalgia talking. It's the truth. A leaked trailer. My god. What a bunch of sad bastards these 'fans' are.

A leaked trailer. Popular culture's latest journey into the ridiculous. Things were better when you seen some stills of an upcoming movie, then seen the trailer on a cinema screen, then seen the actual film on a cinema screen. This isn't angry-man nostalgia talking. It's the truth. A leaked trailer. My god. What a bunch of sad bastards these 'fans' are.

okjohn.gif

It's slightly angry-man nostalgia, isn't it.

The world has changed. Everyone wants things instantly because the internet has made it so easy to access stuff like this.
    These people are fans because they get excited about things like this happening. This isn't the first leaked trailer and it won't be the last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Anyone know if hans zimmer is doing the score for this film ?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Anyone know if hans zimmer is doing the score for this film ?

He is, with someone called "Junkie XL".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Don't bother with the leak.....proper version up.

okjohn.gif

It's slightly angry-man nostalgia, isn't it.

The world has changed. Everyone wants things instantly because the internet has made it so easy to access stuff like this.
    These people are fans because they get excited about things like this happening. This isn't the first leaked trailer and it won't be the last.

Ah, a trusty gif. Being witty, so you don't have to.

Seriously though, you're quite right. Things have changed, and almost all for the better as far as I'm concerned. I want things instantly as well. Tonight I rented a film that was only released in cinemas earlier today. Technology is great. The old cinema/release system is dying a slow death and good riddance. I guess I just resent the sense of entitlement people have toward art these days. It shouldn't be like that. People should respect the work and the people that undertook that work. A leaked trailer that inadvertently creates a bit of buzz? Fine. But it's all part and package of people's insatiable hunger for what's next and what's new. There's no time to think or digest. Scenes are becoming shorter. Individual shots are being cut faster. Films are speeding up, and people's ability to think about what they are watching is slowing down. For me, it's all related, and mainstream cinema is becoming progessively dumber because of it.

• Advertisement

have you ever watched the film SAW?

Skerries wrote: »
    have you ever watched the film SAW?

My apologies. I was fresh out of auxiliary verbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

McDermotX wrote: »
    Don't bother with the leak.....proper version up.

What a superb piece of work. It is incredible how Affleck looks in that Batsuit. He definitely looks like a Dark Knight Returns version of the caped crusader.

I cannot wait for this movie to come out next year. :D

I think they they know they have to pull out something big to make this work so they went to what has to be the one of the greatest tales told on paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

The trailer looks very slick with a bit of a Dark Knight vibe going on. I really like the idea of Superman being branded a 'false god' in a world where humanity has been forced to confront the reality that there is something more powerful than us out there.

Well god damn enjoyed that. My only problem is that Snyder hasn't lost his penchant for naff shots, specifically Bats on the skyscraper and Supes lifting whatever that is.

Other than that colour me excited, loved that psycho look from Affleck. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

specifically Bats on the skyscraper

Did you notice the Batman appears to be
    holding a sniper rifle
    in that shot?

**Spoilered in case people do not want to watch the trailer BTW**

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not so keen on the aesthetic, has a certain sheen to it that feels...I don't know.

Imgur gallery of hi-def screen grabs for anybody interested.
    The solders have Superman's symbol on their shoulders ? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Otacon wrote: »
    Did you notice the Batman appears to be
    holding a sniper rifle
    in that shot?

**Spoilered in case people do not want to watch the trailer BTW**

It is one. I screen grabbed it but decided not to post based on your spoilering.

The voiceover "That's how it starts" reminds me of Steve Coogan... Can't take it too seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Really looking forward to getting more information about the world after MoS, seriously looks like people became total worshippers of superman.

Batman seems to be really old and jaded like in TDKReturns as well

Seriously, the fighting in this should be great. Hope they got some good choreographers to do amazing fight scenes. I'd love to see the people who did The Raid movies get control of characters like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I'd wonder how Batman could possibly defeat Superman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Probably the armour they clearly showed in the trailer

Probably the armour they clearly showed in the trailer

He could just throw a bus at him.

Kryptonite
    Blue Kryptonite
    Gold Kryptonite
    Nuclear explosion
    Magic
    Hypnosis
    Holding him in a lead lined bunker until the effects of the Sun wear off on him
    Brute force

Superman has been weakened by these things and more over the years.

• Advertisement

Kryptonite
    Blue Kryptonite
    Gold Kryptonite
    Nuclear explosion
    Magic
    Hypnosis
    Holding him in a lead lined bunker until the effects of the Sun wear off on him
    Brute force

Superman has been weakened by these things and more over the years.

Yeah I suppose they would be more effective than just wearing armor.

Yeah I suppose they would be more effective than just wearing armor.

They'll prob just go with brute force.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I reckon he'll just tickle him until he wee's in his superpants and then leaves earth in shame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, that looks exactly like a sequel to Man of Steel, among my least favourite films of the last decade, from probably my least favourite director. Cannot bring myself to get even remotely interested in this film unless I hear from trustworthy sources at release that it's actually worth watching.

The concept certainly has potential, but I've made peace with the idea that Snyder's admittedly distinctive directorial style is not for me. I'm sure this superhero showdown will allow him to push that style in ever more extreme, stylised directions - little doubt this will be a Zack Snyder film through and through, for better and worse.

Imgur gallery of hi-def screen grabs for anybody interested.
    The solders have Superman's symbol on their shoulders ? :eek:

Interesting, it suggests Supes will be government sponsored. I didn't think they'd go with that angle as it made him a blatant square in the graphic novel. Snyder better be careful not to short change Superman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I would assume the glowing armour is because Batman incorporated kryptonite into it somewhere...

Interesting, it suggests Supes will be government sponsored. I didn't think they'd go with that angle as it made him a blatant square in the graphic novel. Snyder better be careful not to short change Superman.
    Either that or they're a militia group who've set themselves up and believe they work for him?

I'm just spoilering my own speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Do I hear "alien" being said over the word "being"? At about 23 seconds in.

Yep

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yep, that looks exactly like a sequel to Man of Steel, among my least favourite films of the last decade, from probably my least favourite director. Cannot bring myself to get even remotely interested in this film unless I hear from trustworthy sources at release that it's actually worth watching.

The concept certainly has potential, but I've made peace with the idea that Snyder's admittedly distinctive directorial style is not for me. I'm sure this superhero showdown will allow him to push that style in ever more extreme, stylised directions - little doubt this will be a Zack Snyder film through and through, for better and worse.

Same here, Man of Steel was the breaking point where i realised Snyder simply isn't for me, nor ever will be. Man of Steel was a total, if not offensive, mess and a good example of a film whose trailer was outright deceptive in suggesting a tone and approach.

In fact, just watching that above trailer makes me think that Snyder has a knack for producing highly attractive trailers that don't have extend to the final product: im thinking of the likes of Watchmen, Sucker Punch, Man of Steel and I suspect Batman v Superman will be the same. The trailers make you think "wow, awesome", the final film, not so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Yes, I absolutely hate all of Snyder's films, with the exception of Dawn of the Dead (which was only okay - but a totally unnecessary film that did nothing of interest with Romero's template).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I really do hope that this film turns out good in the end.

However the last Superman movie was ruined for me by the action sequences that just went on too damn long. Honestly found myself looking around the room thinking are they still fighting. Could of done with a bit more story and a little less generic action

Either that or they're a militia group who've set themselves up and believe they work for him?

Aye, it's weird that they're almost kneeling before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

Aye, it's weird that they're almost kneeling before him.

I'm thinking that scene could be in Lex's imagination / perceived view of how he sees Superman.

Alternatively they could have gone with a Jon Peter's inspired scene (like Kevin Smith described years ago) where Superman's "guards" get razzled :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm thinking
    It's a Superman cult and he is going into rescue people from it and the militia group are in awe of being in his presence from the trailer the world looks like it has turned into a dark desolate place after the events of MoS

• Advertisement
Advertisement