Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

first-full-look-at-batwing-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.jpg

Where does he get those wonderful toys ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Was just watching i am legend and seen a logo for batman versus superman, googled it and found this article, pretty cool!

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/21/story-behind-batman-vs-superman-easter-egg-in-i-am-legend-reveal/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Was just watching i am legend and seen a logo for batman versus superman, googled it and found this article, pretty cool!

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/21/story-behind-batman-vs-superman-easter-egg-in-i-am-legend-reveal/

Welcome to 2007 brah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Official Synopsis:
    Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/official-synopsis-for-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-ju/1100-152536/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Official Synopsis:
    ...a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before...

Is Lex that big of a danger or is there something else in the film I wonder.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Is Lex that big of a danger or is there something else in the film I wonder.

some theories are it could be doomsday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah i'd love that, assuming it was done well.

I like Doomsday in the comics...be hard to fit Batman vs Superman, the whole Dawn of Justice plot and Doomsday into one film though.

They probably can't go with Darkseid as he and Thanos are way too similar, even in appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm guessing the end of this film will led into Justice League so perhaps the villian the Batman and Superman team up against wins and they both have to from the Justice league ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

a new threat quickly arises

Aquaman/Atlantis would be my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

gloobag wrote: »
    Aquaman/Atlantis would be my guess.

Because of the word "arises"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Because of the word "arises"?

Why not? I'm sure the synopsis for a movie that cost a couple of hundred million dollars to make wasn't just slapped together at the last minute by an intern.

A war with Atlantis would make sense given the events of Man of Steel, and it would be a good way introduce Aquaman, who we know is in the movie. It's also a story line from the New52 version of the Aquaman comic book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

gloobag wrote: »
    Why not? I'm sure the synopsis for a movie that cost a couple of hundred million dollars to make wasn't just slapped together at the last minute by an intern.

A war with Atlantis would make sense given the events of Man of Steel, and it would be a good way introduce Aquaman, who we know is in the movie. It's also a story line from the New52 version of the Aquaman comic book.

That's pretty much the most tenuous argument for a potential plot line I've ever heard... I'm actually impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Ok so this is obviously fan made. But I think its very cool

tumblr_ncd4gevUGw1t8ikzco1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Ok so this is obviously fan made. But I think its very cool

tumblr_ncd4gevUGw1t8ikzco1_500.gif

Strong postures

diana-and-bruce.jpg

ci6kwjbwiaaank0jpg-large-142362.jpeg

superman-142359.jpg

batman-142358.jpg
    Affleck describes Batman as being the American version of Hamlet, saying “We accept that he’s played by actors with different interpretations.”

Ben Affleck's Batman will be an older, more tired version of the character. “He’s at the end of his run and maybe the end of his life," said Affleck. "There’s this sort of world-weariness to it.”

As photos have revealed, Ben Affleck looks the part of an older Bruce Wayne with gray streaks in his hair. What is most interesting is that EW also reveals a description of Wayne Maynor, which is said to be "a desolate husk, overtaken by weeds and water-stains after years of neglect."

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/02/batman-v-superman-new-photo-released-more-details-on-batman-wayn/#Image3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This is one great cover to look at.

CI6siOJWcAAsB50.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

^^^ That is a terrible, terrible Wonder Woman. Completly missing the point of the character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

^^^ That is a terrible, terrible Wonder Woman. Completly missing the point of the character.

In what sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

techdiver wrote: »
    In what sense?

WW is supposed to be a strong Amzonian warrior, the actress they picked doesnt have the body type for it. WW needs to have muscle definition, strong toned arms and legs, not perfect hair and lipstick. The actress looks like she going to be pouting and flicking her hair throughout her part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

WW is supposed to be a strong Amzonian warrior, the actress they picked doesnt have the body type for it. WW needs to have muscle definition, strong toned arms and legs, not perfect hair and lipstick. The actress looks like she going to be pouting and flicking her hair throughout her part.

That is one version of Wonder Woman. Many of the comic book and animation versions fit Gal's physique....

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrzaUbL7tUxJpE44big7zGvvWkGXrZpdjHLvaqgzO6oeFotA3qsg

Why isn't she wearing blue contacts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

And here's me thinking WW has always been portrayed as a polished beauty, you know, in the source material.

Some versions have her as an Amazonian warrior. Some have her as a princess out of Greek mythology. I get the impression this portrayal will be a little bit of both. An elegance, yet fierce.

Also, I find the criticism from people a bit hypocritical given Eisenberg's Luthor seems to be an even bigger departure from the source than Gadot's WW, yet nothing is said.

Finally, Gadot has been in the gym since she got this part so I wouldn't read too much into an airbrushed EW cover. She will have tone and definition. She has bigger legs than mine anyway. :P

The last image is amazing. Luthor seems odd, but I do actually have quite a lot of faith in Eisenberg. He's someone that can go from goofy to utter menace with ease.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    And here's me thinking WW has always been portrayed as a polished beauty, you know, in the source material.

Some versions have her as an Amazonian warrior. Some have her as a princess out of Greek mythology. I get the impression this portrayal will be a little bit of both. An elegance, yet fierce.

Also, I find the criticism from people a bit hypocritical given Eisenberg's Luthor seems to be an even bigger departure from the source than Gadot's WW, yet nothing is said.

Finally, Gadot has been in the gym since she got this part so I wouldn't read too much into an airbrushed EW cover. She will have tone and definition. She has bigger legs than mine anyway. :P

Genuinely embarrassed for you if that's true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Eisenberg has the effortless cuntness about him though , I think he'll be great in the role and i think the non bald look is good for him , Because i think it wouldn't suit him at all being bald but who know's maybe he'll shave it in the movie much like Shane did in the Walking Dead as a moment of madness/clarity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I waiting for the purists to go up in arms "Lex should be bald" "this movie is going to be crap because Lex has hair"

I think Lex is bald, that's just a wig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I think Lex is bald, that's just a wig.

Eisenberg definitely shaved his head for the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

veganrun wrote: »

I actually cant wait for this scene.. looks like they are doing a pretty good job.

armour_zpszfh64mer.png
    11693938_514250342070881_5967145493528053745_n_zps9atfeuix.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

The armor at Comic-Con

11666166_1491044814251906_9164237975567789014_n_zpsmbvbqync.jpg

cronin_j wrote: »
    I actually cant wait for this scene.. looks like they are doing a pretty good job.

Never noticed the Christopher Reeve pic in the background before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah just gonna mention that as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

cronin_j wrote: »
    The armor at Comic-Con

11666166_1491044814251906_9164237975567789014_n_zpsmbvbqync.jpg

Batman looks really happy here (with a hint of evil) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

I know it's all make believe, but even within the pretend physics of the DC universe, how on earth is Batman v Superman going to look anything other than ridiculous.

A comparison might be in Avengers when Hulk picks up Loki and smashes him repeatedly back and forward into the ground. Fight over in 1.5 seconds with Loki only surviving because he was an immortal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Wedwood wrote:
    I know it's all make believe, but even within the pretend physics of the DC universe, how on earth is Batman v Superman going to look anything other than ridiculous.

Kryptonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Wedwood wrote: »
    ...how on earth is Batman v Superman going to look anything other than ridiculous.

Has some Dark Knight Returns spoilers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The first image there is a fake, isn't it? none of that fight took part indoors like that, iirc.

• Advertisement

Wedwood wrote: »

A comparison might be in Avengers when Hulk picks up Loki and smashes him repeatedly back and forward into the ground. Fight over in 1.5 seconds with Loki only surviving because he was an immortal.

Once again, just watch the dark knight returns part 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Jesse Eisenberg's Lex seems very weird.

Also, that quick shot of Zod in the body bag is a strong indication that the rumours about Doomsday are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

That actually looks great - really looking forward to this!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And I thought the Jesus imagery in Man of Steel lacked subtlety...

Looks like Snyder has quadrupled down on everything I hated about the first film, as expected. Even that trailer was more self-important, weightless, CG-saturated nonsense than I'm comfortable with :o Hope people enjoy the finished project and fair play to Snyder for making what seems like the ultimate realisation of his directorial style, but as meaningless as it is I am well and truly out.

Oh. Wow.

This looks. Amazing.

So Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor appears to be leaning towards Hackman's interpretation? Seems so.

What I really like is the fact that they're acknowledging that Superman did destroy a large part of Metropolis, which is where Wayne was. Unless there was similar destruction in Gotham?

Affleck looks like he's going to really pull this out of the bag and give a fantastic performance.

And I thought the Jesus imagery in Man of Steel lacked subtlety...

Looks like Snyder has quadrupled down on everything I hated about the first film, as expected. Even that trailer was more self-important, plastic nonsense than I'm comfortable with :o Hope people enjoy the finished project, but I'll be watching The Dark Knight next March.

I don't think Snyder ever tried to hide the god like comparisons. Not like the trailer spelt it out either with Bruce's line about Clark having the potential to wipe out the world.

You're complaining about them supposedly hiding something. ...that they never tried to hide.

What Jesus imagery are you referring to? How they portray Superman? Or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

What I really like is the fact that they're acknowledging that Superman did destroy a large part of Metropolis, which is where Wayne was. Unless there was similar destruction in Gotham?

You can clearly see that its Zod destroying the building in the scene where he first uses heat vision. It turned out to be a Wayne building.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What Jesus imagery are you referring to? How they portray Superman? Or something else?

The shot where he's hovering bathed in heavenly light above the people stranded in the flood i'd imagine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement