Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I may squeal like a fanboy if Phoenix is cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I may squeal like a fanboy if Phoenix is cast.

It would be awesome if he came on board (a great actor who would no doubt steal the show here) but he don't really seem too keen on the big budget films

I would have loved to see him in one of Nolan's Batman films

I always thought he would have been a great Harvey Dent. Hell give it a few years and he could be an ideal choice for The Joker in a Dark Knight Returns film. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The experience of doing a film like this would almost certainly cause Phoenix to have another career meltdown. We only just got him back, so hopefully he declines whatever ridiculous amount of money they are offering and sticks to films he wants to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The experience of doing a film like this would almost certainly cause Phoenix to have another career meltdown. We only just got him back, so hopefully he declines whatever ridiculous amount of money they are offering and sticks to films he wants to make.

I was thinking a very similar thing. With films like 'The Master' and the upcoming 'Her', he's nearing the top of his game. Last thing we need is Snyder explosions to derail that.

• Advertisement

Looks like a godsend if things work out.

Warner Bros. is bringing Argo writer Chris Terrio into the Batman-Superman universe.

Stan Lee Wants a Cameo in 'Batman vs. Superman'

The Oscar-winning writer, who recently changed agencies from CAA to WME, has been brought in to write a draft of the Man of Steel follow-up, the untitled Batman-Superman movie.

Terrio has a strong relationship with the studio and the film's star Ben Affleck. Affleck directed and starred in Argo, which won last year's best picture Oscar for Warners

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/batman-superman-chris-terrio-write-666735

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Stan Lee Wants a Cameo in 'Batman vs. Superman'

Uh,why? aren't his cringey ones in every Marvel movie not enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

krudler wrote: »

I agree. They are a bit distracting when you spot him.

He wasn't in The Wolverine and won't be in the next X-Men either. Apparently he isn't well at the moment.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I agree. They are a bit distracting when you spot him.

He wasn't in The Wolverine and won't be in the next X-Men either. Apparently he isn't well at the moment.

Way back in the first Spider-Man movie it was like "hey that was Stan Lee, cool" now you're just waiting for him to be shoehorned in there, although his Amazing Spider-Man cameo was the best of them I did laugh at that.

...although his Amazing Spider-Man cameo was the best of them I did laugh at that.

Ya, that was good, and not any where near as distracting as his speaking role cameos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Way back in the first Spider-Man movie it was like "hey that was Stan Lee, cool" now you're just waiting for him to be shoehorned in there, although his Amazing Spider-Man cameo was the best of them I did laugh at that.

Prefer
    His Thor 2 scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Well, he is Mr. 'Marvel' after all,

....but it's kind of cheeky to think he could grab a cameo in a rival franchise. Maybe he has finally realised that DC have the better characters....which they do!

FlashD wrote: »
    Well, he is Mr. 'Marvel' after all,

....but it's kind of cheeky to think he could grab a cameo in a rival franchise. Maybe he has finally realised that DC have the better characters....which they do!

I'd agree Batman has all the best villains, prefer the Marvel heros though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Do you think they'll have whoever plays Batman's face morph into Michael Keaton?
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh I really hope so!

No, no, no.

Affleck morphs into Adam West.

I'd agree Batman has all the best villains, prefer the Marvel heros though.

And surely Batman is better than the Marvel heroes right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    And surely Batman is better than the Marvel heroes right?

Personally, I think Batman is the only exception. The rest of DC's heroes pale in comparison to Marvel's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭techdiver

Otacon wrote: »
    Personally, I think Batman is the only exception. The rest of DC's heroes pale in comparison to Marvel's.

No No No! :D

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, etc etc all superior to their Marvel "counterparts".

Actually, I just realised that there is no point arguing this. Everyone will have their favourites and there's no way people will be able to convince each other otherwise.

Denzel Washington reportedly in talks to play the John Stewart version of Green Lantern in Man of Steel 2.

I wouldn't be too gone on Washington playing Green Lantern, not sure he's a right fit.

Wow, I know he was linked to Luthor but Stewart would be insane. This is starting to feel like Justice League in disguise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Wouldn't be keen on Washington as John Stewart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Oh hell no please

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It is really sounding like a full on justice league film, or at the very least it's going to be an intro leading into one.

I wonder are they getting scared that people are getting superhero-movie-fatigue, so they're trying to rush into justice league to cash in before it's too late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The more names being thrown into this project, the less interested I'm becoming. Man of Steel was no masterpiece by any stretch, and the idea that the sequel is now going to try and squeeze in the Justice League amidst the convoluted chaos that is the new Superman mythos, I can only predict this being a bit of a mess. Batman V. Superman had potential as the focus needed narrowing, not widening - but hey, that's sequelitis for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Rock is tweeting about talking with DC so maybe he is up for the John Stewart role.

The Rock is tweeting about talking with DC so maybe he is up for the John Stewart role.

Doubt they'd get someone bigger than Cavill to play a JLA member. The Rock would make a great Darkseid though...!

or Doomsday

Doubt they'd get someone bigger than Cavill to play a JLA member. The Rock would make a great Darkseid though...!

although after Michael Ironside(?) voicing Darkseid, I don't know if the Rock could pull that character off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is The Rock not still on for playing Black Adam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Corholio wrote: »
    Denzel Washington reportedly in talks to play the John Stewart version of Green Lantern in Man of Steel 2.

I wouldn't be too gone on Washington playing Green Lantern, not sure he's a right fit.

Man of the moment Chiwetel Ejiofor would be good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

idris Elba would be a better choice.

I am pretty sure it will be for Jon Stewart, i can see him doing it, i dont think he will take away from Cavill if directed right. I was reading about the Batman costume. I was disappointment to hear they are going back to armor again.

It will be a mix of batman beyond and batman Kingdom come. I was really hoping for him to wear the grey clothing. Maybe the armor for the end of the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Bryan Cranston as Luther seems to be gathering speed again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Washington would be terrible casting for Stewart. Much too old for the role imo.

Idris Elba or Chiwetel Ejiofor would be perfect though (would also love Michael Jai White, only because I've a soft spot for Black Dynamite). Would rather they were given their own film though.

I don't understand why they'd use John Stewart anyway. They've already established Hal Jordan in the GL film. Sure, the film didn't perform well, and should've been much better, but they didn't do the character a great disservice and Reynolds was likeable in the role. Why not just adopt him into the universe? Pah!

Not to be cynical but it might a ploy to make the JL ethnically diverse, if you add in the possibility of Cyborg then it's one card WB/DC would hold over Marvel.

That, and surely WW would be front and centre in a JL film, and wouldn't just be a glorified fringe role ala Black Widow.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't understand why they'd use John Stewart anyway. They've already established Hal Jordan in the GL film. Sure, the film didn't perform well, and should've been much better, but they didn't do the character a great disservice and Reynolds was likeable in the role. Why not just adopt him into the universe? Pah!

Yeah that seems like the most logical thing to do to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

Yeah that seems like the most logical thing to do to me.

I often thought the same, one way they could fast track a justice league film would be to just go with it and use Reynolds and if used right like for comic relief it could work, kinda like how they used the hulk in avengers even though the hulk outtings sucked, they cleverly used him for comedic relief ala punching thor / smacking loki etc (yeah I know different actor Mark Ruffalo etc) but it worked and he probably became (unexpectedly) many peoples favorite character in it.

If used in a similar way ie sparingly and for making snarky remarks it might work and it'd save some time, ultimately I think it was the film, cgi and a whole host of other things that sunk green lantern not his Reynolds "acting" which is harmless enough.

Would allow a more serious Flash to emerge also.

Ryan Reynolds was not bad as GL and, with Mark Strong as Sinestro, Michael Clarke Duncan as Kilowog, it should have been a good film.
    Oa looked nice but very bad CGI costumes and an over reliance on CGI alien lanterns killed it off completely, plus having Parallax look like a giant turd getting pulled into the sun by construct jet fighters was terrible

Yeah, if they used Reynolds's Green Lantern, I'd be much happier if they gave him a normal, non-cgi suit. That was ridiculous... I actually thought it was a fairly enjoyable film but only because I don't mind comicbook movies being fluffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Now that Ben Affleck is Batman...

1528590_2025271800861394_743330623_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Rumours that this and Justice League are being shot back to back.
    http://m.latino-review.com/2014/01/batman-vs-superman-dcs-game-changer-casting-notes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    Now that Ben Affleck is Batman...
    Wow, go back 5 months and post that, it would have been fantastic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Wow, go back 5 months and post that, it would have been fantastic :rolleyes:

Made me laugh. Who cares that it wasn't post 5 months ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Heard the rock could be cast as lobo also? He said in his tweets it was to discuss a "bad ass" character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Delayed until may 2016

"Warner Bros. just announced that Batman vs. Superman has been delayed until May 6th, 2016. Earlier this afternoon, Batman News reported that Ben Affleck injured his leg, and production would be pushed back six weeks. I’ve still been unable to get confirmation on that story, but perhaps it had to do with pushing Batman vs. Superman back a year?"

http://batman-news.com/2014/01/17/batman-vs-superman-release-date-delayed-until-may-6-2016/

Warner Bros official reason:

"To allow the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

There's an untitled Marvel film and X-Men: Apocalypse slated for release in May 2016. Seems a risky move.

So it begins, I can actually see this getting canned completely yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

So it begins, I can actually see this getting canned completely yet.

I hope so.

syklops wrote: »
    I hope so.

I'm at two minds, I can't see it being good with Snyder at the helm but on the other hand I've wanted a superman/batman movie made since I was a child :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement