Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland Series 3

Options
  • 08-08-2013 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭

It's as surprising as ice melting in a volcano that RTE have commissioned a third series - what with the impact made by Kelly Mongan (and to a lesser extent Andrea Begley on the UK version), and the fact that the Beeb have done the same.

I presume Kathryn and Eoghan will still be the hosts, and Bressie, Kian and Sharon will continue to occupy three of the red chairs.

Jamelia might not be back, though - she's apparently expressed a desire to move to the UK version:

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s154/the-voice-uk/news/a498436/jamelia-i-wouldnt-say-no-to-coaching-the-voice-uk.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

It's as surprising as ice melting in a volcano that RTE have commissioned a third series - what with the impact made by Kelly Mongan (and to a lesser extent Andrea Begley on the UK version), and the fact that the Beeb have done the same.

I presume Kathryn and Eoghan will still be the hosts, and Bressie, Kian and Sharon will continue to occupy three of the red chairs.

Jamelia might not be back, though - she's apparently expressed a desire to move to the UK version:

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s154/the-voice-uk/news/a498436/jamelia-i-wouldnt-say-no-to-coaching-the-voice-uk.html

The impact by Kelly Mongan??? I'm pretty sure she's already forgotten about by most people.

Jamelia's already confirmed she's not returning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

bopper wrote: »
    The impact by Kelly Mongan??? I'm pretty sure she's already forgotten about by most people.

Probably not by the folks at Montrose, though. :rolleyes: ;)

Jamelia's already confirmed she's not returning.

Only just noticed the Indo, Mirror and entertainment.ie articles (which I'd normally take with a grain of salt). :o

I've also only just noticed, from the Indo article, that RTE are scrapping Premier League highlights. See, I'm not on the ball all the time... :o:o:o;)

She left very quietly, didn't she? Certainly more so than Brian Kennedy...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As long as dancing Eoghan is back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

Jamelia was on with Ryan Tubridy yesterday to say that Bressie, Kian and herself are returning. She wouldn't say who the new judge was.

Ruth Scott (2fm) tweeted that she will be working on the show, but didn't say in what capacity.

Jamelia was on with Ryan Tubridy yesterday to say that Bressie, Kian and herself are returning. She wouldn't say who the new judge was.

Ruth Scott (2fm) tweeted that she will be working on the show, but didn't say in what capacity.

So Sharon is gone :eek:

• Advertisement

Jamelia was on with Ryan Tubridy yesterday to say that Bressie, Kian and herself are returning.

Looks like Jamelia hasn't left after all, then...

I did say that I'd normally take articles from the Indo, Mirror, Sun and gossip sites with a grain of salt - and I should have done the same with the ones that claimed that she had confirmed her departure from the show.

Especially when the Indo also claimed ahead of the second series that Brian Kennedy would be staying on.
    She left very quietly, didn't she? Certainly more so than Brian Kennedy...

:o:o:o:o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For the record, the Mirror is claiming that she'll be the only female coach.

I'm definitely going to take that article with a grain of salt until the identity of the fourth coach is confirmed...

I thought maybe Jodi Albert for the new judge. She did tweet saying that she had something big coming up, over the winter.

Jamelia mentioned that the new judge would bring a new dynamic to the panel which hasn't been seen in any other show.

I don't think we've seen a husband and wife in competition against each other in any other show.

Just a thought :o

I thought maybe Jodi Albert for the new judge. She did tweet saying that she had something big coming up, over the winter.

Jamelia mentioned that the new judge would bring a new dynamic to the panel which hasn't been seen in any other show.

I don't think we've seen a husband and wife in competition against each other in any other show.

Just a thought :o

Dear god no, imagine her and Kian together as judges please no

I'd say she is going back to Hollyoaks

Wasn't Una Healy of The Saturdays suppose to be in contention?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ThomasK911

wouldn't It be crap if Ryan O'Shaughnessy was a coach!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dear god no, imagine her and Kian together as judges please no

I'd say she is going back to Hollyoaks

Wasn't Una Healy of The Saturdays suppose to be in contention?

Looks like you were right :) Una Healy was confirmed as the 4th judge on the radio this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looks like you were right :) Una Healy was confirmed as the 4th judge on the radio this morning.

Ah yes, Something for the Dads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Are you sure it's been confirmed? There's nothing about it online or in the news.

Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries has been announced as the new coach/judge/mentor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Wasn't it Keith Hanley that won this year??

I can't resist quoting Family Fortunes:

UH-UHHH!!!!

:o:o:o:);)

Dolores has quite a lot in common with Sharon - being in her early 40s, having been in the music industry for over two decades, and enjoying much success at home and abroad as part of a group - so she sounds like a good replacement.

Don't expect her to wear a thong on her chest, though... :o:o:D;)

Wasn't it Keith Hanley that won this year??

Yes, it was - and just about everyone was shocked because all the signs pointed to Kelly winning.

What's happened to young Mr Hanley, eh? :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

What's happened to young Mr Hanley, eh? :D;)

He came to our school a few months ago, really small rural school only 35 pupils, he brought a CD player plugged it in and danced to the song he won with. Kids were delighted signed loads of pics of himself for them. Plugged out his little CD player and his mum drove him away again.

I was up at the Blind Auditions on Saturday. Dolores O'Riordan is really really nice and very down to earth. She gave plenty of constructive criticism in a nice way to the contestants.

I found her way way nicer than Sharon.

Kicks off tomorrow on RTE 1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

And Boards is back online!!

So what does everyone think so far?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

leahyl wrote: »

Last guy with the beard was deadly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I'll probably watch it, but after what happened to Kelly last year, when she was expected to win and lost out to a guy that made absolutely no impression and was never heard of again, I'm not madly excited about this year. Listening to the judges scwabbling in such a childish way gets on my wick. Maybe two good singers in this first episode. The rest pretty rubbish.

leahyl wrote: »

Dolores has quite a bitchy side to her and she looks like she hasn't aged a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dolores has quite a bitchy side to her and she looks like she hasn't aged a bit

l love her!

l love her!

I like her too and she is the only credible internationally known of the judges

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

I thought it was quite a poor premiere. The only person I liked was that girl Kelly on Dolores' team that sang Running Up That Hill. The rest were forgettable verging on outright poor. I'll give it a few more episodes to warm up though because in general I've found the talent across season 1 and 2 to be surprisingly strong. Dolores is gas. She just is as she is and unfiltered, which is kinda refreshing but there were a few cringe moments. Like Cian telling one girl not to pick Jamelia because she'll only let her sing RnB songs. Er what? That was a face palm, but I don't think he meant it entirely like that. Or when Dolores was getting sassy with Jamelia, that was kinda awkward too. Bressie had the zinger of the night with the Cian having no personality and still succeeding quip.

The band and the sound mix were as cat as usual. Honestly it's the one gaping hole they need to fix in this show. The audio is absolutely terrible and the arrangements are so basic and embarrassing. The last song Express Yourself sounded like one of those pre programmed ditties on a Yamaha keyboard.

Kathryn and Eoghan were good fun. I enjoy both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I thought Dolores was very arrogant tbh - ok,you may say she has a right to be, but how many times did i hear her say she sold 45 million albums during the show, and so many of them were top ten albums - "albums, not singles" she re-emphasised to Kathryn. I loved the Cranberries, absolutely loved them in their heyday, and I know Kian has a fair sized ego too, but there's normally a bit of humour to his self-praise, Dolores seemed totally serious when she was dropping her sales figures all over the place. Humility is so much more attractive.

Saying that I think because of the size of her ego, the competition will have some very fiery moments in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Why does Kathryn Thomas nearly had to shout nearly every time when a singer comes on?

Can she not stop with the constant shouting on that show. It drives me mad.

I thought that the sound quality was crap too as I didn't see any life coming from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Kelly's show is on RTE2 now. She's coming across really well. Such a hard worker. Fair play to her, she should have won last year hands down. What a waste that Keith fella was. Kelly is such an obvious star and people are obviously far more interested in her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Rfrip

She's coming across lovely alright. She's stunning. Her eyes are fab

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    She's coming across lovely alright. She's stunning. Her eyes are fab

She wears far too much slap

The song herself and Keith were duetting on sounded good to me

Advertisement