Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland Series 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

This guy has a lovely personality as well as his voice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Have I got this right, Bressie says "she looks cute so what" but over the last 2 series and this one they keep going on about how "cute" Bressie is, even have segments about it?

Also, they say the judges have 100 million records between them, how many has "Bressie"? 1 million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I doubt Bressie has sold one million records

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

le la rat wrote: »
    I doubt Bressie has sold one million records

Maybe he worked in hmv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Did kian just say someone sounded 'unexperienced'?

• Advertisement

Yeah, but he's good looking don't ya know!
    Can't stand Kian Egan but the amount of **** he gives Kian Egan is awful considering the only reason they go with him is because of his looks (going over the last 2 series).
    "Hey I'm Bressie and I'm alternative", alternative to Westlife is not "Alternative"

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

She was good but dull song.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Pretty shiity of Kian To reference pregnancy in that way. To be fair it never kept Kelly back

With that back story this guy better get through. Hilarious if he didn't.

Wait for it.... he's singing from the wrong place. Diaphragm issues

• Advertisement

Lets have a ballad, then we can all turn around and have an argument about you.

OOOh alternative, I mentioned Tupac.

Dreadful!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,868 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The broadcast mix on this show pisses me off so much.

Alternative or Blues? I'm going to sing Miley Cyrus??????

Maybe if you sang true to your influences you might have got true.

Oh ffs, I'm off!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Leave it to Johnny Cash please this hurts imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I preferred Kermit the Frog's version of that song tbh...

She has Dolores written all over her

• Advertisement

Kian just hasn't got a chance with Dolores around!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Kian just hasn't got a chance with Dolores around!

Totally but Niall Breslin is a piece of ****. He thinks he's edgy but hasn't picked one singer that's edgy, instead he just gives excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

So its not so much who has the best voice but who has the most pain and raw emotion. That's my take on it anyhow. Would love to hear a straightforward oul tune getting through one of the nights.... Like they used to sing in the old days before things started getting fierce complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

It really has turned into another battle of the egos - of the judges I mean - but that's mildly entertaining in itself. At least Kian though does have the ability to laugh at himself and not take his fame too seriously, like when he was saying to the last "dark" singer, "I'll have you singing Uptown girl the first week, Flying Without Wings the second week and Mandy for week 3", I'm not a big fan of his in particular but I thought that was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

morebabies wrote: »
    It really has turned into another battle of the egos - of the judges I mean - but that's mildly entertaining in itself. At least Kian though does have the ability to laugh at himself and not take his fame too seriously, like when he was saying to the last "dark" singer, "I'll have you singing Uptown girl the first week, Flying Without Wings the second week and Mandy for week 3", I'm not a big fan of his in particular but I thought that was hilarious.

Agreed. I'm enjoying the judges, and definitely think Kian has copped on a good bit from the earlier series. He is well able to take and give a bit of slagging, but he is not, in any way, malicious. I thought at first Dolores would just keep repeating '45 million records'...or whatever it is. But I like the fact that she encourages those who don't get through, she takes the time to say something positive, which I think means a lot to them. Jamelia is a bit boring, IMHO. Bressie tries hard, but some of his comments, to me, sound like nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So, anyone remember John Hogan Jnr last night & Dolores saying he yodelled? When did he yodel???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

So, anyone remember John Hogan Jnr last night & Dolores saying he yodelled? When did he yodel???

I couldn't hear any yodelling, but I really like his song and performance.

It was very accomplished, he could go a long way in this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Skid X wrote: »
    I couldn't hear any yodelling, but I really like his song and performance.

It was very accomplished, he could go a long way in this show.

Yes, I really liked him, and I hope that he does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Here we go! Anyone watching tonight? Jamiela doesn't want you to watch, she needs you to watch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I'm watching! I remember cringing at this girl singing on the toy show!

Advertisement