Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland Series 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Methinks there has been a cat fight back stage during the week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

dolores really has it in for jamelia

"You could go to Nashville in the morning and you would get a recording contract"...

What a load of rubbish, it's very unfair of Kian Egan to say something like that... She is very good but he has no evidence to support that ...

Not a good song choice here but she's doing the best she can..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

dolores really has it in for jamelia

I think Dolores talks an awful lot of bull tbh. A tad more than the other judges. I thought this girl has a marketable voice but the song choice is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

Now there's vocal versatility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Fair play, talk about stepping out of your comfort zone. Some gal to belt out a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

cringing at Katherine Thomas's entry lines after the acts finish singing. "c'mere me aul flower" :s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Mariah can sing anything, she's got it. The winner ok, she's in a super league above all the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Pretzill wrote: »
    I think Dolores talks an awful lot of bull tbh. A tad more than the other judges. I thought this girl has a marketable voice but the song choice is not working.

I loved her from the start but the last 2 weeks shes pissing me off, its like shes acting like a twat....tho l think shes still kinda cool

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kellie and Danica were the worse

• Advertisement

I loved her from the start but the last 2 weeks shes pissing me off, its like shes acting like a twat....tho l think shes still kinda cool

It's probably because I always thought she was edgy and cool I'm disappointed by her.

It probably seems a bit simplistic, but there's a lot to be said for SMILING...

Brendan .. smiles a lot, comes across as cool and likable.
    Danica.. smiles even when the give her the craziest stuff to do.. Likeable..
    Maria .. smiles and doesnt take things too seriously.. also Likeable..

as opposed to

Gavin.. always seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders..
    Dark Haired girl... frowns a lot, sings depressing songs, doesnt smile..

A smile works wonders in the singing game..

It probably seems a bit simplistic, but there's a lot to be said for SMILING...

Brendan .. smiles a lot, comes across as cool and likable.
    Danica.. smiles even when the give her the craziest stuff to do.. Likeable..
    Maria .. smiles and doesnt take things too seriously.. also Likeable..

as opposed to

Gavin.. always seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders..
    Dark Haired girl... frowns a lot, sings depressing songs, doesnt smile..

A smile works wonders in the singing game..

:)

:)

lol.. You'll sell a million records!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭35x

Is it just me or do others find these fillers and the guy that presents them annoying?

Does anybody in the production side of RTE ever look at this stuff? This filler and its presenter are awful crap -contrived rubbish which have nothing to do with the contest and in fact seriously reduce its standard. See how much higher standard of production in the UK Voice, without all this rubbish. Can I add to that the awful backing "dancers" -they are frequently interfering with and taking from the performance -is this a competition to find a voice? If so, let's concentrate on that!

Danica actually looks like a white version of Mya Harrison who was one of the quartet that did that big version of Lady Marmalade..

ladymarmalade-mya.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

And the results were going so well

Can't believe Kellie is through! Mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

I can't believe Mariah didnt get through.

Kellie is gone through??.. what a load of rubbish.. At least three ahead of her, no question...

Well didnt that just end like a Coen Brothers movie.. :(

• Advertisement

There will be slaps at the after party judging by looks some are giving on stage

Wow Aisling and Mariah would've been 2 of the strongest in my mind, awful to have so many go on one night

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am happy Bressie's two acts made it in but shame Mariah is out though

Has to be teen girls voting as 1MB and Jay :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Ridiculous.
    People voting have zero musical taste.
    Mariah and Danica better than Kellie and Laura May.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

What a load of sh!te. Paddy got through and Kellie? Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

the time management on this show is ridiculous. If they didnt spend so much time with that 1diot backstage they wouldnt be rushing through judges comments and there would be a bit of time at the end. The ending of that show was a farce!

Brendan will have to win it now. Himself and Mariah were the best 2 by a clear margin I my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Mariah should have gone thru.......and what's with the rushed / abrupt ending. Ridiculous

the time management on this show is ridiculous. If they didnt spend so much time with that 1diot backstage they wouldnt be rushing through judges comments and there would be a bit of time at the end. The ending of that show was a farce!

Someone said it earlier, yer man Eoghan has his own show, keep the shoite to that show and give the singers more than 2 minutes to sing, and time for a proper ending to the show. Grr.

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Wow Aisling and Mariah would've been 2 of the strongest in my mind, awful to have so many go on one night

The geographic voting must've kicked in. Can't really complain as I didn't vote myself - keeping my 60cents a while longer. Good night all - you made it more interesting.

Advertisement