Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland Series 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

le la rat wrote: »
    Brendan will have to win it now. Himself and Mariah were the best 2 by a clear margin I my opinion.

Paddy seems to have some following, he could well win it. Seems a nice bloke, but the whole format is flawed considering the name of the show is 'The Voice'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

dee_mc wrote: »
    Someone said it earlier, yer man Eoghan has his own show, keep the shoite to that show and give the singers more than 2 minutes to sing, and time for a proper ending to the show. Grr.

yeah, that was me that said it! Do they follow the same format in the British version?

yeah, that was me that said it! Do they follow the same format in the British version?

Never watched it. I think there's too much time given to the 'turney-roundy-chairs' gimmick, makes this portion of the show unfair. And less entertaining to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

They did talk to the singers but it wasn't as cringeworthy.

Also I normally record it so I can fast fowards thru all that filler but tonight I watched it live - and just tried to time tea breaks when yer man came on!

Pretzill wrote: »
    They did talk to the singers but it wasn't as cringeworthy.

Also I normally record it so I can fast fowards thru all that filler but tonight I watched it live - and just tried to time tea breaks when yer man came on!

you must of drank a fair bit of tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is the standard usually this poor? They all seem like karaoke singers down the local.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Jay the favourite to win this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Someone said it earlier, yer man Eoghan has his own show, keep the shoite to that show and give the singers more than 2 minutes to sing, and time for a proper ending to the show. Grr.

Totally agree. It's so forced, it's a waste of time, as well as being annoying, and rubbishy.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I don't care who wins. I don't care about any of them, for weeks - they're all roughly the same age group, and well, only yer man Brendan is a bit novel - and then only a bit.

But the ending was appalling - shock, horror - but no time to get reactions.

Actually it was so bad it was good - like the Brits when Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood presented.

After the Battles, watching this series of The Voice of Ireland felt like homework - something I thought I should do, but didn't really want to do. I know the UK has a massive pool of competitors, and much much more money to spend on their 'The Voice' - but even allowing for that, the Irish version has been no FUN in comparison to the UK one.

Based on this series - the Irish version should be scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Briefly, from posts I see Mariah didn't get through, and Kelly and Paddy did:mad:.Well I'm enjoying the Masters instead. And this farce of a poorly produced parody of a show is an insult to us licence payers. A pantomime of preening retired "singers", with selfcentred agendas, a vociferously hyperscreechy biased audience family based idolatrists.I've had it with the lot,including particularly Eoghan brillo pad man.Who lets these people loose,at our expense to insult our intelligence, never mind waste our valuable time? Rant over good luck Brendan and Jay. Over and out .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

It really is ridiculous that they would spend 90 seconds with Eoghan McDermott sitting on the contestants back "being funny" but not have time to speak to the people who were fired off the show at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Gavin, Jamelia, and Ashling looked waaaaay pissed that Paddy got through. Pity we didn't have five more minutes of their reactions instead of Dermo arsing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Eoghan McDermot has to be the most annoying person ever. I mute it every time he comes on. Shocked at the results tho, was not expecting Jamie or Kellie to go through!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kaleidoscope1

I'd imagine they encourage the Parochial voting because at 60c a text, RTE are probably making plenty of money on it.

Lol! ...Brilliant!

:D:D:D

are you laughing at yourself Kaleidoscope.................

or should i say Eoghan!!

lol.... brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Only got to watch this tonight and was absolutely shocked that Paddy and Jamie got through instead of Mariah and Aisling. The only one I really like that is left is Brendan. Gutted for the 2 girls.

• Advertisement

are you laughing at yourself Kaleidoscope.................

I am now!!! I forgot to quote what I was actually laughing at!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Does anybody else have something weird going on with their RTE1?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

leahyl wrote: »
    Ah I was wondering why it wasn't sounding great

That jay lad has a lovely voice though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ah I was wondering why it wasn't sounding great

Eh no I was talking about the screen?! It's only half a screen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Yep, the right hand third of the screen is black screen with the picture squished into the remaining 2 thirds on the left.
    This being RTE they won't notice and Tuesday's repeat will be the same. :rolleyes:

That jay lad has a lovely voice though

Sounds great. LauraMay sounded good too I thought.

Ah I was only joking. only noticing half screen here as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Yeah half a screen here watching rte1hd on saorview. They obviously haven't copped on yet

• Advertisement

jamelia really needs elocution lessons.

Advertisement