Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do you need a full licenced driver for nct?

Options
  • 09-08-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have me nct tomorrow and was wondering will i get turned away if i dont have a full licenced driver with me seeing as i am only on my provisional?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you not always have a licensed driver with you anyway?

You'll be grand, they don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Draig

If you're worried, you can use your passport instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

dooneenfc wrote: »
    I have me nct tomorrow and was wondering will i get turned away if i dont have a full licenced driver with me seeing as i am only on my provisional?

When you are presenting car for NCT, all they need is the car on their parking.
    How it got there is non of their business.

Obviously you will need to present an ID, which can be driving licence or passport.
    Driving permit is technically different thing than driving licence, so they might not accept is as proof of ID. Passport will solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

y do they want or need to know who you are for testing it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

y do they want or need to know who you are for testing it

Yes.
    They ask for ID to confirm details of person who brought vehicle for the test.
    And it's not really just any random ID - their rules for some not-understandable reasons require those ID to be either driving licence or passport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

CiniO wrote: »
    Yes.
    They ask for ID to confirm details of person who brought vehicle for the test.
    And it's not really just any random ID - their rules for some not-understandable reasons require those ID to be either driving licence or passport.

Add our Polish ID to that after 3 weeks of haggling + a letter from the embassy :D

Advertisement