Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car repair in Dundalk co.louth

Options
  • 09-08-2013 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I crashed my car the other day and it pretty bad,whole side is torn out of it,will have to go through insurance. Where or who do I take it to,this is all new to me.i want my car left the way it was.can any one recommend a place to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sportfanatic

I'd guess that the insurance company will recommend Oriel Repair, when its through the insurance it will be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Not a bargain alert! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Try the louth thread that's hardly a bargain
    Give oriel repairs a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Poolman

d@rk l0rd wrote: »
    Not a bargain alert! :rolleyes:

How do I change it?

I'd guess that the insurance company will recommend Oriel Repair, when its through the insurance it will be expensive

Am going to get a few estimates of a few different places and see who looks the best before I call insurance.there has to be more then 1 garage in Dundalk ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Poolman wrote: »
    How do I change it?

Don't think you can, a moderator can move it I think. Or else just start a thread in Region > North East > Louth

But yeah, get quotes from different garages, there are loads of them in Dundalk. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Oriel repair seem to be very expensive.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved from Bargain Alerts

Thanks lads,have a bit of drive'n tomarra,get a few prices

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Hi Poolman, Morgan Crash Repairs is worth a call, Damien Morgan is the guy to talk to, hes a really nice chap, great panel beater and would be more keenly priced than Oriel I would bet. If you want his number just PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Depending on the car and its value, maybe the best bet is the dealership, wont be cheap but may help retain some of the value. I smacked a 3 week old car back in the day and was told that if ever i want a trade in the dealer will want to have had the work done by one of their own. If insurance is paying and especially if you are fully comp, i wouldnt be looking to do it on the cheap too much, why do them a favour when you are already paying through the nose - though hope you have protection on your no claims bonus. Agree with the posts above though Oriel Repairs seem to be the goto for insurance companies in the region. It is a bit of a racket but if the panel beater uses a spurious paint a dealership will snub your car for not using the manufacturers product even if they are identical to eachother in looks.

D.R Adams wrote: »
    Hi Poolman, Morgan Crash Repairs is worth a call, Damien Morgan is the guy to talk to, hes a really nice chap, great panel beater and would be more keenly priced than Oriel I would bet. If you want his number just PM.

His place is on Hill Street, better calling in as obviously you need the car with you to get a quote - ye wont get that over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Damien Moran isnt it?

Dunny wrote: »
    Damien Moran isnt it?

Good spot Dunny, you are right it is Damien Moran!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Dunny wrote: »
    Damien Moran isnt it?

Actually lads, its Damien Morgan, he has a place close to McCabes garage in Ardee. Crossed wires there....

D.R Adams wrote: »
    Actually lads, its Damien Morgan, he has a place close to McCabes garage in Ardee. Crossed wires there....

Ardee/Dundalk much of a muchness:D

My car is been fixed in Roddy repairs.i called out ,seen some of there work and it looked good.there workshop is spotless and fairly big.when I called they went through the whole process with me,covered all of my excess and said they would give the car a full inside and outside valet.all I had to do was let the insurance know and change it from my car to a car they gave me on the day.i think the chaps name was Chris Roddy,very helpfully .i have to pick the car up next week,fingures crossed.thanks for the advice lads.i didn't hear to many good story's about orial ,found them very pushy and they were charging me 150 of my excess ,said they would give me a car free of charge,which I am covered for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Poolman wrote: »
    My car is been fixed in Roddy repairs.i called out ,seen some of there work and it looked good.there workshop is spotless and fairly big.when I called they went through the whole process with me,covered all of my excess and said they would give the car a full inside and outside valet.all I had to do was let the insurance know and change it from my car to a car they gave me on the day.i think the chaps name was Chris Roddy,very helpfully .i have to pick the car up next week,fingures crossed.thanks for the advice lads.i didn't hear to many good story's about orial ,found them very pushy and they were charging me 150 of my excess ,said they would give me a car free of charge,which I am covered for!

oriel have a strange set up, there not really interested in 'of the street work', seem to be more interested in insurance jobs (I wonder why) oh and they have all the Garda pick ups,stolen cars, crashed cars and the likes. Bless Them.:rolleyes:

ardle1 wrote: »
    oriel have a strange set up, there not really interested in 'of the street work', seem to be more interested in insurance jobs (I wonder why) oh and they have all the Garda pick ups,stolen cars, crashed cars and the likes. Bless Them.:rolleyes:

They could just have contracts with those people.

Wold you bother working for Joe Soap who will hymm and haww about getting work done and who will likely leave you waiting for your money and possibly start up with the sob stories, when you can instead just deal with insurance companies who are pretty much guaranteed to pay up and not give any fuss or hassle and leave you to it?

I know what I'd prefer.

impression.php?i=%7B31C12A04-6B66-4E94-A8B0-D6DAD24F85BF%7D&c=overlay&lm=1377049519818

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

They could just have contracts with those people.

Wold you bother working for Joe Soap who will hymm and haww about getting work done and who will likely leave you waiting for your money and possibly start up with the sob stories, when you can instead just deal with insurance companies who are pretty much guaranteed to pay up and not give any fuss or hassle and leave you to it?

I know what I'd prefer.

impression.php?i=%7B31C12A04-6B66-4E94-A8B0-D6DAD24F85BF%7D&c=overlay&lm=1377049519818

Jaysus is things really that bad, I'm your average Joe Soap and I'll tell you now I've never left any poor sod waiting for his money, and I'm sure if I did it would be the last time he ever waited for my money. Anyway what I'm getting at is they don't seem to be interested in 'off the street work' (I wonder why!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Jaysus is things really that bad, I'm your average Joe Soap and I'll tell you now I've never left any poor sod waiting for his money, and I'm sure if I did it would be the last time he ever waited for my money. Anyway what I'm getting at is they don't seem to be interested in 'off the street work' (I wonder why!!!)
    Loving the coloured quotes ardle1. You seem to suggest something outside the law is happening in relation to claims!?

I'm sure if you have the equipment to lift stolen cars and take the abuse and siht that go's along with it etc(broken windows,slashed tyres,threats to life etc..) from estates then i'd say you're welcome to it.All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Those contracts are public tender. I think Oriel have the one for all Louth and possibly Meath (not sure of this bit). They have a depot in Drogheda as well. They would then be the first call for Guards / Fire services etc. Same contracts are in place for all counties around the country. There's a large one out to tender or possibly awarded for most of the south east as a single contract.

Jaysus is things really that bad, I'm your average Joe Soap and I'll tell you now I've never left any poor sod waiting for his money

Well take my word, there are many, many people, who do it, though!

Advertisement