Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 24), August 9-10, 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Buttimer should get man of the match, won the game for Pats.

I know, great isn't it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jesus H Christ. Four goals for St. Pats against the Hoops and four goals for Conan Byrne :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

We are cruising by all accounts... 2 sent off ( not surprised to see o'connor gone)..

I can't see them sacking croly for some reason.. They will want to prove in the long run he was the right choice..

Then again how bad are the rovers fans gonna react to this result... Conan with the 4 goals,, signing of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Surely they'll get rid of croly after this. Delighted for Sean o Connor though. Big club my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

Looks like Shams will have to get the chequebook out just to get 11 men on the pitch next week!

F**********************KKKK.

Bohs relegated for definate now I'd say.

Omackeral wrote: »
    F**********************KKKK.

Bohs relegated for definate now I'd say.

What?! They're four points off safety with 9 games to go - way too early for that conclusion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Late goal in a Cork game yet again.......I fúkin love this one though!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Jesus H Christ. Four goals for St. Pats against the Hoops and four goals for Conan Byrne :eek:

I'd say when Shams get Ryan in the team, he will be worth the expense. Humiliations like this will be a thing of the past.

• Advertisement

What?! They're four points off safety with 9 games to go - way too early for that conclusion

Out of Bohs last 10 league games, we've Won one, Drawn one and Lost 8.

It's relegation form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'd say when Shams get Ryan in the team, he will be worth the expense. Humiliations like this will be a thing of the past.

He started.

It's relegation form.

Form changes though. Don't know why I'm trying to encourage you, I'm a UCD fan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Oat23 wrote: »
    He started.

Well that went well for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Killer defeat for Bohs but I suppose lost no ground. But it could be a question of running out of games.

That one will hurt tonight though, after holding out so well for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It's relegation form.

Jesus. In the last 4 games we have 4 points. We had 4 points in two games at one stage. We were 30 seconds from having another point. Nothing has changed. Every else lost tonight. Stop your nonsense!

• Advertisement

Form changes though. Don't know why I'm trying to encourage you, I'm a UCD fan :D

Tell the other one I said hello :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Far better side, but what a huge goal that was.

Still not out of the woods just yet. Hope Kilduff injury is minor.

Was great game.

BOHtox wrote: »
    Jesus. In the last 4 games we have 4 points. We had 4 points in two games at one stage. We were 30 seconds from having another point. Nothing has changed. Every else lost tonight. Stop your nonsense!

That counts for nothing.

Also, it's hardly nonsense. You can use numbers to suit your argument e.g. We had 3 points in one game at one stage! But a single win in 10 is poor form, dont you think? The 3-0 to Shels at home was a killer. Rovers next week is going to be a nerve wracking experience... and that's without looking forward to St.Pats in Richmond.

I'll be there either way screaming my lungs out for 90 Mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I hope, you enjoy your trip to Tolka, but the times, a visit to Shels meant an automatic three points are over ;)

Gonna go for a draw, but I think, there might be a surprise on the cards :D

:cool:
    Didn't make it easy for ourselves but in the end it was handy enough although my boxers might tell you different! :)
    Dundalk had about 500 in Tolka tonight in an attendance off. as 1504...i think?

That counts for nothing.

Also, it's hardly nonsense. You can use numbers to suit your argument e.g. We had 3 points in one game at one stage! But a single win in 10 is poor form, dont you think? The 3-0 to Shels at home was a killer. Rovers next week is going to be a nerve wracking experience... and that's without looking forward to St.Pats in Richmond.

I'll be there either way screaming my lungs out for 90 Mins.

You're the one who said we have 4 points from 10 games in the first place. That does not constitute form if it's really 4 points from 4 games.

I think we were shít all year. Both form and things out of our control are why we're down there.

Cork are two points behind Limerick and ahead of 3 teams we still need to play. We still have to play Rovers too. Games are running out but if we pick up points from these games we'll be safe.

No towel throwing just yet. We're 4 points from 9th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Didn't make it easy for ourselves but in the end it was handy enough although my boxers might tell you different! :)
    That was it yeah. Impressive away attendance tonight. Some contrast from what was 20 at most this time last year. I don't think we deserved a result but my god the referee was a disgrace. People talk about how matchfixing must be rife in the LOI but it must be just as common among the refs. This chap was probably just incompetent or biased though. Benefit of the doubt and all that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm scared, Spock

bohsboy wrote: »
    Shels in trouble...no surprise. They're stumbling again.

Point for Bohs would be immense.

Hahaha yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

We dont need to sign a new defence. Could easily win the league with that back four.

What we need is a manager. Sean O Connor bringing a nice long ban and fine to himself. Didnt see Foran's push, unless it happened when the ball was gone out of play?

Croly to be given till Shels. Not sure what it deemed an acceptable return. But Id assume 3/4 and his faith is sealed early. Safe to say he wont be here next season.

Sligo, Bohs, Sherrif, and Shels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

We were top of the league for three minutes this evening. It felt beautiful. I want more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Big win at the Cross tonight. We didnt play great. Turner on the right and Duggan on the left scares me, please dont do that again Stu. Danny Morrissey is a gem, should have scored a hat trick tonight. Unbelievable save from Delaney from the header, then hit the post and then scored. Hope Kilduff injury isn't too bad, he was freaked out when he was on the ground, he definitely thought something was broke. Hopefully not.

Bohs No.10 was impressive, made Hoggy feel his age tonight. Was quite skillful. Bohs would have threatened more if they had target man centre forward up there, he put in some decent crosses.

Great feeling to get a late winner, having been on the receiving end of a ridiculous amount this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Drogs were much better tonight. Game started slowly and there wasn't much between the 2 sides for a good 20 or so minutes. Drogs started to get on top then and Fabio scored with a lovely finish just before half time. Drogs dominated the 2nd half. When Limerick had the ball they seemed happy enough to play it back and forth across their 18 yard line even at 1 and 2-0. Wasn't convinced the Drogs penalty should have been, but Ryan Brennan scored it very cheekily, Killianesque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

8 buses, so I heard, plus cars and stuff.

First half was quite impressive from Dundalk, even if it's always a blow, when you concede right after the kick off. Second half was okay-ish from Shels.

One thing is for sure, loads of happy faces in the Dundalk end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Corholio wrote: »
    Hope Kilduff injury isn't too bad, he was freaked out when he was on the ground, he definitely thought something was broke. Hopefully not.

It's not, thankfully. It was a nerve problem in his foot, which had improved to the point that he was walking around on it a short time later. He'll be back training in a few days.

Not much better than a last minute winner! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Bohs V Rovers is always a huge game but next weeks game is massive for Bohs. Could be the last Bohs-Rovers derby for sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The most surreal night i have ever had at a football match, removed from stadium before KO for being drunk (how dare I) got another ticket with a pats jersey on asking could i walk up as normal to the pats fans. For some unknown stupid fcuking reason stewards decided no pats fans allowed walk up as normal, so they put us in block A. Did not go down well but oh i enjoyed :D

4 fcukin 0 and disgusted we didnt push on for more :D

Rovers have some serious problems with discipline which i found hilarious.....most of all i found this fcukin hilarious....cúnts.

1081740_4651401338088_274520684_n.jpg?oh=4a0a56642720cacaecb60b2b76d2cd61&oe=52070F13&__gda__=1376242500_f88ad7ba6b63232099c4552758991148

Hah #ambition trending in Ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Thanks FORAS! And we didn't get hammered either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Tell the other one I said hello :p
    Hello.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers got away with four, decent game until the first penalty..
    Ebbs wrote: »
    What we need is a manager. Sean O Connor bringing a nice long ban and fine to himself. Didnt see Foran's push, unless it happened when the ball was gone out of play?

Croly to be given till Shels. Not sure what it deemed an acceptable return. But Id assume 3/4 and his faith is sealed early. Safe to say he wont be here next season.

Sligo, Bohs, Sherrif, and Shels

Several questionable decisions, aside from the result on his inability to adapt to a game or change it.

Whether Foran was a red card or not, the sub was very questionable. Take Finn off or Sheppard, go 4-4-1 and hold out. Taking McCabe left a huge hole that Robinson and Ryan could never ever cover. The players were just left out there in the second half to their own devices. Bring Zayed on to give someone to hit the ball at..

You'd also have to think it's curtains for McCormack. If Chambers and Rice aren't available and still he picks Robinson and Ryan in the middle instead.

Why was Sullivan centre half, why was Robinson captain, why wasn't Elebert starting..

Penos were penos and the reds were reds.

We should have a 3rd peno but no chance getting 3 penos in a game.

ref did alright in that he was **** but he got the biggies right.

I wouldn't really blame Buttimer as such. You can get bad and good decisions. The penalty Pats didn't get looked more of a penalty than the first one, not to say the first wasn't.

Much bigger issue with Croly's decisions or lack of them in team selection and reaction to Foran's red card. Finally the penny dropped with twenty minutes to go and Rovers kept the ball to play out time.

The Pats fans who bought Rovers section tickets..I had two Pats fans to the left of me and three to the right. Complaining they had no time to go to Richmond to get tickets..

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Shamrocks defence is beyond awful. Expect them to sign all of the defenders in the team of the year.

Not at all beyond awful. Prior to tonight, 6 goals conceded in 11 home games..problem was that 5 of those goals got the visitors a point, Cork, Drogheda, Bohs, UCD and Sligo, all 1-1 draws.

Rovers are not scoring enough..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What a night in the Council ground. Loved it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

dfx- wrote: »
    Not at all beyond awful. Prior to tonight, 6 goals conceded in 11 home games..problem was that 5 of those goals got the visitors a point, Cork, Drogheda, Bohs, UCD and Sligo, all 1-1 draws.

Rovers are not scoring enough..
    Didn't work in the Setanta final though :(
    :D

BTW Limerick were muck tonight - constantly giving the ball away, unaware there was an off side rule and grumpy as well. All in all a pleasant night, even if Gamble didn't get his second yellow for kicking Fabio

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Ebbs wrote: »
    We dont need to sign a new defence. Could easily win the league with that back four.

You wouldn't win a Tipperary South-West U-16 League title with McCormack, Ledwith and Sullivan as 3 of your back 4.

CSF wrote: »
    That was it yeah. Impressive away attendance tonight. Some contrast from what was 20 at most this time last year. I don't think we deserved a result but my god the referee was a disgrace. People talk about how matchfixing must be rife in the LOI but it must be just as common among the refs. This chap was probably just incompetent or biased though. Benefit of the doubt and all that.
    Hate to harp on on attendances but as a DundalkFC fan that follows the club everywere i can say that we have never had a 20 attendance in Tolka.We may have had in other grounds but never in Tolka.Mentioned it in other threads,Dundalk fans LOVE Tolka for some strange reason and always trave therel in fairly good numbers.(but never 20 :D )

Hate to harp on on attendances but as a DundalkFC fan that follows the club everywere i can say that we have never had a 20 attendance in Tolka.We may have had in other grounds but never in Tolka.Mentioned it in other threads,Dundalk fans LOVE Tolka for some strange reason and always trave therel in fairly good numbers.(but never 20 :D )

In our home game against you last year (think the score was 4-0) would be lucky if there was 20 there and was well commented on at the time)

CSF wrote: »
    In our home game against you last year (think the score was 4-0) would be lucky if there was 20 there and was well commented on at the time)
    Fair enough.
    :rolleyes: i obv missed the comments.

Good luck next year....
    ;)

Just on the point of Home v Away fans.Simple solution; = happens @ a lot of English/spl grounds-attendance figures are given for both home & away.Can't be hard to do that?

• Advertisement

Just on the point of Home v Away fans.Simple solution; = happens @ a lot of English/spl grounds-attendance figures are given for both home & away.Can't be hard to do that?

Probably easily compiled. Alot of clubs would wanna get their segregation right first though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Genuinely not trying to have a dig here but what figures for the variable in attendances?

Like last year Dundalk were averaging around 800. Now you're taking 500 people 80km down the road. Is success that big of a factor in the town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Success is that big a factor for every club. Its the nature of the Irish sporting 'consumer'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Some win there last night for Pats.

Madworld wrote: »
    Genuinely not trying to have a dig here but what figures for the variable in attendances?

Like last year Dundalk were averaging around 800. Now you're taking 500 people 80km down the road. Is success that big of a factor in the town?

I don't see a dig.

Dundalk is a big football town with a hardcore of about 1,000 fans,when we get near to winning something we get a surge and we are getting this "surge" right now.I welcome this.I remember us playing "home" matches in Drogheda(United park) & Monaghan(Gortakeegan) with 100 fans in attendance!We have moved on since thanks be to jolloppy(or god if you believe) above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement