Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 24), August 9-10, 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dfx- wrote: »
    Not at all beyond awful. Prior to tonight, 6 goals conceded in 11 home games..problem was that 5 of those goals got the visitors a point, Cork, Drogheda, Bohs, UCD and Sligo, all 1-1 draws.

Rovers are not scoring enough..
    The defence that started last night was awful. We needed ye to get a result there but it was going to be a hammering from the off.

How ye can have such a big squad and still play Pat Sullivan every week is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

CSF wrote: »
    In our home game against you last year (think the score was 4-0) would be lucky if there was 20 there and was well commented on at the time)
    This is nonsense. There were over a hundred Dundalk fans in Tolka that night. There were only about 20 fans up until about a minute to kick off and then a hundred or so came in together.

Considering it was absolutely pissing rain and given the fact we were playing absolutely dreadful football, it actually wasn't a bad turnout from our fans.

You'd make a terrible witness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fúck sake Bohs. Three of our last games were games we had a realistic chance of winning. Shams, SPA, Derry, Dundalk and Sligo all still to come. Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any word on Kilduff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Pighead wrote: »
    This is nonsense. There were over a hundred Dundalk fans in Tolka that night. There were only about 20 fans up until about a minute to kick off and then a hundred or so came in together.

Considering it was absolutely pissing rain and given the fact we were playing absolutely dreadful football, it actually wasn't a bad turnout from our fans.

You'd make a terrible witness.

I think, the number of 20 referred to a match last season, but anyway...I didn't count them myself, but there wa at least 500 of you there, and about twice as much as you came down to Tolka in the first match this season.

I should be a decent enough witness though, I was one of the stewards in the Riverside on both occasions ;)

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I think, the number of 20 referred to a match last season, but anyway...
    I know. We're both talking about the match in Tolka from July 2012 where Shels won 4-0. CSF is trying to say there were only 20 Dundalk fans there that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That_Guy wrote: »
    Fúck sake Bohs. Three of our last games were games we had a realistic chance of winning. Shams, SPA, Derry, Dundalk and Sligo all still to come. Jesus.

Last nights result puts us safe IMO. Thank Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

gimmick wrote: »

Yep, FORAS are safe now, also gives a little helping hand to Shels, so nice one for that.

:)

gimmick wrote: »

I be still little nervous.

Not sure we are over the line just yet. Win on Friday should be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I know. We're both talking about the match in Tolka from July 2012 where Shels won 4-0. CSF is trying to say there were only 20 Dundalk fans there that night.

Who cares about last year? Great to hear of a good turnout by both sets of fans. Also that's a great home crowd for Shels for this time of the year all things considered. Shows there is a lot of support and goodwill behind the team.

• Advertisement

2100 aprox at Cork game.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Who cares about last year?
    In this bright future you can't forget your past.- Bob Marley.

2100 aprox at Cork game.

And they all saw FORAS doing Shels a favour. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is just an outright lie.

Maybe, he meant it the other way round? The Riverside was fairly packed 10 minutes before KO, and only a handful came in after the match started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

And they all saw FORAS doing Shels a favour. :)

always nice to help out a small club. best of luck for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Ok!! ok!! Whatever you say CSF but please dont talk about last year, i'm still recovering from the depression with a little help from King Kenny and his trusty band of footballers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Any word on Kilduff?

It was a trapped nerve in his foot, he's fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Looking at the fixtures on paper I can see Bohs getting 6 points for the rest of the season and us getting 10! Hope I'm right!

• Advertisement

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Ok!! ok!! Whatever you say CSF but please dont talk about last year, i'm still recovering from the depression with a little help from King Kenny and his trusty band of footballers...

Some guys were telling me last night, Dundalk would be the first LOI team, escaping from relegation through the play offs the previous season, and winning the league the season after...well...good luck with that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

You're right Nesta.
    This bloody place is getting like the LOI blog what with all the thrash talk !

King kenny is on the flem fm @ 2,30 of ya want a wee listen(lmfm for non- Dundalk subscribers and other liars)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Looking at the fixtures on paper I can see Bohs getting 6 points for the rest of the season and us getting 10! Hope I'm right!

What's the outcome for us and you? If you have it that you beat us and the opposite happens it's 9 for us and 7 for you. Anything could happen

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looking very bleak for us.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

BOHtox wrote: »
    What's the outcome for us and you? If you have it that you beat us and the opposite happens it's 9 for us and 7 for you. Anything could happen

Bohs - draw with Rovers, draw with Derry, draw with Lims and win against Bray

Shels - draw with Rovers, win against Bohs, draw Limerick, draw Cork, draw Drogs and win against UCD

Oh and to clear up the Dundalk attendance malarky, I can confirm there was 670 fans went through the away gate last night, which means 834 in the home.

Shels - draw with Rovers, win against Bohs, draw Limerick, draw Cork, draw Drogs and win against UCD

Oh and to clear up the Dundalk attendance malarky, I can confirm there was 670 fans went through the away gate last night, which means 834 in the home.

That's a bit more than the 8 buses, I heard about ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers are a prime candidate for three points to Bohs next week which would throw them right back into the mix..

If only football was that simple. There'll be a few twist and turns yet.

Hopefully not in Sligo tonight...

One can dream...

Hearing the East Stand in Tallaght was half cleared out by the 70th minute last night, what the f*ck!?

One can dream...

Hearing the East Stand in Tallaght was half cleared out by the 70th minute last night, what the f*ck!?

Cleared out because everyone f**cked off because they were being thumped or other reasons?

• Advertisement

Cleared out because everyone f**cked off because they were being thumped or other reasons?

Well the Ultras were no show, so not sure. Jon Roche doesn't seem to mind the infighting between support and the club and the sh!t on the field, having a ball with the backroom staff in Temple Bar last Sunday night. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What?! They're four points off safety with 9 games to go - way too early for that conclusion

:confused:

Bohs are two points off safety.

Heard their bus was attacked after last night's defeat as well.

Terrible start to last night's game for us, but we rallied in the second half though a win for Dundalk was imo the fair result.

The heart shown by our players would have me very cocky that we'll avoid relegation and win both the FAI Cup and LSC.

Zebra3 wrote: »

Heard their bus was attacked after last night's defeat as well.

Terrible start to last night's game for us, but we rallied in the second half though a win for Dundalk was imo the fair result.

The heart shown by our players would have me very cocky that we'll avoid relegation and win both the FAI Cup and LSC.

We'll win the Dublin Decider today too!

Terrible start to last night's game for us

How would you know? :P

It was 0-4 after 62 minutes and looking like 0-6 or 0-7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

How would you know? :P

From the roar of the crowd obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

for the sake of convenience i shall round that off a little to 700:D
    Not bad considering our average during the season that shall not be discussed about was 800!

If we continue getting results then Pats may roll out the red carpet as there will be that plus at Richmond early September travelling to make for what could be a great occasion:P

No it's not. Pighead only deals with the truth. You obviously weren't at the game if you think there was only 20 in Tolka last July. Pighead would like you to apologise for calling him a liar. You have until midnight.

Sligo next up for Dundalk. If we beat them it could well put them out of the championship picture, leaving just Pats us and Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭kksaints

Some win last night for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Finn has came out and said it was poor reffing. He agrees that the push happened after the shot and when the ball was about 15 yards away...didnt deny goal scoring.

He even spoke to ExtraTime and said "You can't legislate for some of the decisions. He just made bad decisions. The ref had a bad game. If you analyze the game and watch it back you will see that the ref has made bad decisions.”

Fine, Suspension or let away... Its like playing roulette. If you add him to our suspensions then it looks like there may be a few under 19s out for the next three games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We'll win the Dublin Decider today too!

When do we play Celtic in the final and is it 2 legs? :p

/stolen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Djilali..

Hope he sticks around next season, athough I envision Shams trying to lure him to Tallaght. With less money offered and no European football, who could say no? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thanks for that, Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Oat23 wrote: »
    Djilali..

Hope he sticks around next season, athough I envision Shams trying to lure him to Tallaght. With less money offered and no European football, who could say no? :pac:
    You mean our 'B' team?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hon the town, 5 points clear heading into the last round of games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seaneh wrote: »
    Hon the town, 5 points clear heading into the last round of games!

Actually want both Longford and Athlone up this season.

Dont care at whose expense it is, once its not UCD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I remember being relegated and then losing out in play offs, I really hope we can avoid the playoffs this season and stay top and save a few of us from heart attacks!

Athlone belong in the premier division.

Ebbs wrote: »
    Finn has came out and said it was poor reffing. He agrees that the push happened after the shot and when the ball was about 15 yards away...didnt deny goal scoring.

Was he talking about his foul on...Forrester? That was a penalty..

Him missing a few games can't be any worse than seeing such a talented player reduced to chasing shadows for no point at all, especially second half.

Do 10th and 11th not play some sort of relegation playoff??

• Advertisement

Do 10th and 11th not play some sort of relegation playoff??

11th do, 10th are safe.

Advertisement