Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The song you will forever associate with your Leaving Cert

• 09-08-2013 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

What song will always remind you of your LC? For my JC the songs "Stereo Love" and "Love The Way You Lie" were being played everywhere so whenever I hear them it immediately takes me back.

For the LC I listened to the song Together by The XX pretty much on the way in to every exam I sat to get me pumped up. :p I was also on a massive Joy Division binge for that period so a good few songs from Unknown Pleasures particularly Disorder will forever remind me of the Leaving Cert. :cool:

So, what are your LC songs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Where is the Love (Black Eyed Peas) Hated that fuppin song at the time, still do.
    Listened to a lot of Oasis stuff at the time, Definitely Maybe and Heathen Chemistry, oh and Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head album, for some reason found it very calming!

Bastille, Dubstep and Paramore's self titled album. All a bit different to each other..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Paramore - Now. That sh*t got me pumped for the LC :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Midnight Train (Don't Stop Believin') - Journey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Macklemore - 10000 Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

• Call Me Maybe
    • Call My Name
    • We Are Young
    • Payphone

All HUGE last year during June when I was doing the Leaving UGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

came out just as it started, and i listened to the album every minute i wasnt in an exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy

I did my LC last year....

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

On those hard nights of note writing Savant was better than injecting coffee. These two were probably most played.

And then there was alot of Eminem too. This probably most of all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Kodaline- High Hopes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Kodaline - High Hopes
    Bastille - Pompeii

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

Livin' On a Prayer- Bon Jovi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

That fûcking we own it song by Wiz Khalifa and that 2 Chainz chap, one of the lads played it in the car on the way to every exam from the library

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Robin Thicke song-I feckin hate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Robin Thicke song-I feckin hate it!

Blurred lines??

Tis a serious tune! Even better when ya have a few naggins in ya :D

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Blurred lines??

Tis a serious tune! Even better when ya have a few naggins in ya :D

HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT-The message behind the song (Youre a good girl/I iknow you want it, sounds like something some psycho rapist would say to his victim), the video, and ESPECIALLY THE BIG FRICKIN BRIGHT RED "'#THICKE" through out the video!!!!!! THAT, THAT, THAT, JUST UGHHHHHHH

# Should only be used when displaying a number and used in Venn diagrams, wouldn't mind it as much if it was the THICKE (It would still annoy me a bit) its the freaking hashtag, I hate it when people say things like hashtag awakward or hashtag delighted irl, or outside of tw!tter. To use it in a music video is subliminal messaging "Talk about me on tw!tter/face book, get the word out about this song" and encouraging its use irl and I cant STAND IT

IT DRIVES ME FRICKIN MENTAL

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

• Advertisement

HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT-The message behind the song (Youre a good girl/I iknow you want it, sounds like something some psycho rapist would say to his victim), the video, and ESPECIALLY THE BIG FRICKIN BRIGHT RED "'#THICKE" through out the video!!!!!! THAT, THAT, THAT, JUST UGHHHHHHH

# Should only be used when displaying a number and used in Venn diagrams, wouldn't mind it as much if it was the THICKE (It would still annoy me a bit) its the freaking hashtag, I hate it when people say things like hashtag awakward or hashtag delighted irl, or outside of tw!tter. To use it in a music video is subliminal messaging "Talk about me on tw!tter/face book, get the word out about this song" and encouraging its use irl and I cant STAND IT

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

So you're not a fan?

So you're not a fan?

How could you tell?! :eek:

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

Did we just become best friends?

Did we just become best friends?

Someone. Else.

*Reaches out for hug*

The worst think about it is that, in spite of my bitter hatred of that awful "song", I still find myself droning "Hey hey hey" for a while after every time I hear it!

The worst think about it is that, in spite of my bitter hatred of that awful "song", I still find myself droning "Hey hey hey" for a while after every time I hear it!

Its a catchy tune like it will get in your head, the same way Barney and Bob the buiulder does ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Bob the builder is a commie. One of the red menace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Young bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wasn't this thread in AH 20 mins ago?
    Carry on young folk. :p

• Advertisement

Guys, I don't remember seeing this posted (I'm on my phone, too lazy to check)
    But did we all somehow forget Daft Punk - Get Lucky?

Advertisement