Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The song you will forever associate with your Leaving Cert

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

5 days of study for the last exam.
    22nd of June, 2011: Economics.
    Finish in good time. Walk home, earphones in..
    BAM!

Talk about feeling like a motherf*cking champion. I'll never forget that walk home. I could have stopped a speeding car with my bare hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I totally ruined A Lack Of Colour by Death Cab For Cutie for myself. :( Just listened to it there to check and yep, it still brings back awful memories of coming home from last year's geography exam... :eek: Transatlanticism suffered a similar fate.

Gotta Have You by The Weepies was a song someone linked in a music thread just before the exams last year which I liked and proceeded to listen to a lot too...again, slightly ruined.

Payphone is more associated with summer and waiting for results to me though, so not too bad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Has to be Get Lucky, that was over played to death around that time.

Some I remember studying often to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I must be the only person who hates Get Lucky. Such an incredibly boring song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jebus. The song that reminds me of the LC is 'I'm free' by The Soupdragons.

I'm old. I did the 'inter cert' too. Before ye were born!

LC will soon be a distant memory for ye. Life flies by. Make the most of it!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

+1 here! I do recall though it became a gag at the time when we were doing all nighters before exams yeno, "up all night to get lucky" :pac:

In my darkest hours of 6th year I'd listen to All Time Low- Therapy, and bawl my eyes out (HL maths I'm looking at you).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

+2.

I said it on twitter once, the reaction was equivalent to letting off a loud fart in mass and everyone staring at you like this

bert_eyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Alive by Pearl Jam, always felt the chorus was fitting after a long exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons is another song that was played a lot around the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons is another song that was played a lot around the time.

I only heard that song for the first time the other day! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I was listening to a lot of Ceol and Rí-rá CD's.
    Macklemore - 10000 Hours

I wish that song was around the time of my Leaving Cert!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

only finished this year, our grad song was let her go, but the her was changed to him as it was an all boys secondary school

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I played this one when leaving the school on the last exam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't really remember thinking about it at the time, but the number one when I did my Leaving was 'Suicide is painless', the M.A.S.H. theme - cheery stuff.

That is just unfortunate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

50 cent - In the Club
    R kelly - Ignition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

HugsiePie wrote: »
    HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT-The message behind the song (Youre a good girl/I iknow you want it, sounds like something some psycho rapist would say to his victim), the video, and ESPECIALLY THE BIG FRICKIN BRIGHT RED "'#THICKE" through out the video!!!!!! THAT, THAT, THAT, JUST UGHHHHHHH

# Should only be used when displaying a number and used in Venn diagrams, wouldn't mind it as much if it was the THICKE (It would still annoy me a bit) its the freaking hashtag, I hate it when people say things like hashtag awakward or hashtag delighted irl, or outside of tw!tter. To use it in a music video is subliminal messaging "Talk about me on tw!tter/face book, get the word out about this song" and encouraging its use irl and I cant STAND IT

IT DRIVES ME FRICKIN MENTAL

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

It's a serious tune I think, if you hate that video watch the unrated version which got kicked off of YouTube :pac:

Who cares about the story the song is telling, it's a good song!

Now if you want strange lyrics, I think 212 could be the song to listen to :P

Try Guilty Conscience by Eminem for strange lyrics. That is story telling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    It's a serious tune I think, if you hate that video watch the unrated version which got kicked off of YouTube :pac:

Who cares about the story the song is telling, it's a good song!

I am not denying its a catchy tune, its repetitiveness is most likely a factor :p
    I just hate it all though

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Basically both of Funs albums - some nights and aim and ignite, in particular the songs be calm and the gambler, I literally used to sing be calm when I was freaking out it was great

• Advertisement

I was in the 212 on the uptown eh, n***@ you know what's up, or don't you?
    Word to who made ya.
    I'm a rude b***h n***@ what are you made up of?

What are you talking about Dan?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

The Boss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Moonchild-VOAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

I was in the 212 on the uptown eh, n***@ you know what's up, or don't you?
    Word to who made ya.
    I'm a rude b***h n***@ what are you made up of?

What are you talking about Dan?

http://rapgenius.com/Azealia-banks-212-lyrics

Have a read of them there haha

http://rapgenius.com/Azealia-banks-212-lyrics

Have a read of them there haha

I know Dan :P Sure didn't I just quote a few before I asked what you were on about?
    Pretty sure I know them all by heart from clubs and parties to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 iphonefreak

shaggy-wasnt me ....

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Also -

Oasis - Don't look back in anger
    Cardigans - Lovefool
    Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at tiffanys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

shitloads of Florence + The Machine honestly sums up my listening habits approaching the LC

While I don't have an LC song, this song was the first one I played after finishing the JC and did the exact same thing leaving Applied Maths:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Scrooubius Pip-The Struggle.
    Strange, strange lyrics about the life of a travelling serial killer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Gokei wrote: »
    Scrooubius Pip-The Struggle.
    Strange, strange lyrics about the life of a travelling serial killer.

avenged sevenfold - a little piece of heaven
    A song about a guy that proposed to a girl who said no, so he stabbed her 50 times and ate her heart, then raped her dead body. :-]
    Oh then she turned into a zombie, killed him, and together they killed everyone else...

Advertisement