Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts we like

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Here's a couple I should hate but actually like. The ones for the betting app where the lads are on a sinking dingy and a doomed spacecraft.
    Your man with the funny accent more interested in the football than their fate cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The new Barocca ad with the Indian music, it sounds really happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That ad for Allianz (I think) about we don't get enough sun is great.

"Grand day for the drying" always makes me laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭valoren

I love the Aldi ad with the Teddy bear.

"...and after those batteries, I could do with a sensitive wipe"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Still love this one from way, way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I kinda like the Ribena ad... Zibby do zibby do zibby do!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

valoren wrote: »
    I love the Aldi ad with the Teddy bear.

"...and after those batteries, I could do with a sensitive wipe"

I saw that last night and actually laughed out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I really like this add for L'OR Coffee. It makes me chuckle for some reason, I'm not sure if it's supposed too. A quality add.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Most of this style of ad are too overacted, I thought it was for vodafone but its bord gais.

not a fan of all of it, but I love the bit with the beautician saying "yeah" 26 seconds in, as though yer one is an utter loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have to say I quite like the Energia ad with yer woman banging the toaster - not so much the smug look on the beardy guy's face as he picks the "save money" option though.

Why did they do away with the guy opening the can of coke ?

"GET DE MOP" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

https://youtu.be/dKggA9k8DKw

Sorry I can't embed the video ��......but it is well worth a watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

rubadub wrote: »
    Most of this style of ad are too overacted, I thought it was for vodafone but its bord gais.

not a fan of all of it, but I love the bit with the beautician saying "yeah" 26 seconds in, as though yer one is an utter loon.

Was just coming on to post about this! Totally agree, it's really well acted and genuinely funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Somehow, I can't see a binge-drinking ad like this one being made in Ireland...

Poor Seal. :o;)

Here's a proper Andrex advert, with the puppy as the star (along with a grown-up Lab) and not a bunch of five-year-olds saying "I feel as clean as a man called David"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

This is one of my favourite ads of all time .I don't know how the hell they persuaded Toyota to go with this one......

I saw a bizarre ad for Ribera minis. Don't know if I love it or hate it or love to hate it but I'm going around all week singing zoobeedoo zoobeedoo zoobeedoo at the most inappropriate times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I like the new McDonalds curry sauce ad. A great take off of the old Ferrero Rochet ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭valoren

anewme wrote: »
    I saw a bizarre ad for Ribera minis. Don't know if I love it or hate it or love to hate it but I'm going around all week singing zoobeedoo zoobeedoo zoobeedoo at the most inappropriate times!

zoobeedoo zoobeedoo zoobeedoo....ahhhhhh!

it's the 'aaaaaaahhh!' part that makes it. There's something very funny for me about a rabbit in sunglasses going "aaaaahhhh!".

valoren wrote: »

it's the 'aaaaaaahhh!' part that makes it. There's something very funny for me about a rabbit in sunglasses going "aaaaahhhh!".

A rabbit in sunglasses with a moustache no less!

I should hate that Ribena ad... and yet I don't, because of that song. :o

Here it is in full... :D

I should also hate the Lucozade "Find Your Flow" ad - it's been running for two years now, and I don't drink the stuff.

And yet I don't... :o:D

t1zSkO5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

I love the most recent Bord Gais ad, the one where the little girl embarrasses her mother about baking cakes. Kids can really hang you out to dry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

fmpisces wrote: »
    I love the most recent Bord Gais ad, the one where the little girl embarrasses her mother about baking cakes. Kids can really hang you out to dry :D

Yes I like that one too...

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Thanks, that's the one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

^^

the little girl is brilliant but the rest is eye gouging

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement