Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts we like

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

silverharp wrote: »
    ^^

the little girl is brilliant but the rest is eye gouging

after seeing it loads of times I only started noticing the girl slowly turning around at the 21-23sec mark to see the face on "the wagon", like she knows exactly what she is at.

It got ad of the week on this site
    http://www.adworld.ie/2017/07/20/back-to-school-ad-campaign-offers-10-off-bord-gais-energy-electricity-and-a-e75-tesco-gift-card/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

rubadub wrote: »
    after seeing it loads of times I only started noticing the girl slowly turning around at the 21-23sec mark to see the face on "the wagon", like she knows exactly what she is at.

It got ad of the week on this site
    http://www.adworld.ie/2017/07/20/back-to-school-ad-campaign-offers-10-off-bord-gais-energy-electricity-and-a-e75-tesco-gift-card/

yeah watch the advert from the perspective of the girl, the head role is the best part, be interesting to know if that was her touch or was she directed.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I should also hate the Lucozade "Find Your Flow" ad - it's been running for two years now, and I don't drink the stuff.

And yet I don't... :o:D

t1zSkO5.jpg

I like the bit where yer man is on the treadmill and the lady walks past and he tries to get a sly look but falls off and does push ups when she looks around. Although they rarely seem to show that part now.

Edit: 20 odd seconds in.

I like the bit where yer man is on the treadmill and the lady walks past and he tries to get a sly look but falls off and does push ups when she looks around
    very good, never noticed it before, saw him looking and falling off but not the pushups. I am usually half watching ads on the tv with a laptop on, and so miss stuff.

Shame lucozade has gone to crap, they reduced the sugar so stuff like coke or 7up has more "energy"/carbs/sugar now. I knew 2 regular drinkers who gave it up.

there were warnings to diabetics about it http://diabetestimes.co.uk/hypo-warning-over-lucozade-sugar-reduction/

I think it was pretty poor form, they know fine well diabetics drink it and should have had warnings or at least explicit signs on the bottle. My tesco were selling both types alongside each other during the phase out.

Disappointed shoppers slam 'horrific' new low sugar Lucozade that tastes like bleach and has potentially deadly risks for diabetics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Other half reckons the line on screen at the end 'find your flow' is like something from a tampax ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

rubadub wrote: »
    very good, never noticed it before, saw him looking and falling off but not the pushups. I am usually half watching ads on the tv with a laptop on, and so miss stuff.

Shame lucozade has gone to crap, they reduced the sugar so stuff like coke or 7up has more "energy"/carbs/sugar now. I knew 2 regular drinkers who gave it up.

there were warnings to diabetics about it http://diabetestimes.co.uk/hypo-warning-over-lucozade-sugar-reduction/

I think it was pretty poor form, they know fine well diabetics drink it and should have had warnings or at least explicit signs on the bottle. My tesco were selling both types alongside each other during the phase out.

Disappointed shoppers slam 'horrific' new low sugar Lucozade that tastes like bleach and has potentially deadly risks for diabetics

Is it just the orange flavour? I go through 2-4 bottles of original flavour a day. Did notice a change in taste a few months back, but it's not that bad. I still like it.

Is it just the orange flavour? I go through 2-4 bottles of original flavour a day..
    all of them as far as I know, some places might have slow selling stock of some types.

My tesco had the full carb caribeann crush version, but seems it was just the old one as it now shows as low sugar/carb

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=277102864

If you are not drinking it for energy, and do not mind the taste then you might consider it a good thing.

It changed apparently due to a "sugar tax" in the UK. I think they would be better off bringing out the real original again, and charging more. I wondered if that was their plan all along, get free advertising and calculated backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Mueller ad with the rapping bears. I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Aldi’s new Kevin and Katie ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

"Oi, Churchill, can you save me money on my car insurance?"
    "Oh, yes!" (ding!)
    "And can I have my own personal chauffeur called Les?"
    "Uh, no." (uh-uhhh!)

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I think that new Volksvagen ad is brilliant,the one where the kid goat is born and it is leading and dictating everything, and hunting the sheepdog away.And a brilliant soundtrack to it too,Lenny Kravitz "Are You Going To Go My Way".

I also like the Electric Ireland Xmas ad where me wan is talking all emotionally about a Kashmir throw that she got as a present from her grandmother,and how it was passed down through the family and kept for generations..... but then all of a sudden she stops being emotional and says that she didn't keep it and that she swapped it for a foot spa instead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I love the Bord Gais Christmas ad, where the woman returns the scarf her Aunty got her for a foot spa :D Normally I hate cringy ads like that, but I love this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

my current favourite is "..I switched it for a footspa"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

It would be nice if RTE or TV3 did a 'Top 10 Irish Ads' type show sometime, there has been some really good ones. Personal favs would be the 'Coming Home' ESB one and the Bord na Mona one featuring the Marino Waltz.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭anewme

JKerova1 wrote: »
    It would be nice if RTE or TV3 did a 'Top 10 Irish Ads' type show sometime, there has been some really good ones. Personal favs would be the 'Coming Home' ESB one and the Bord na Mona one featuring the Marino Waltz.

Fifty fifty cash back ....half price gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭donegal_man

.................................Bord na Mona one featuring the Marino Waltz.

Heard someone in a pub who had his own lyrics and the hook line was "Dancing around the kitchen to the Bord na Mona Waltz".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Is coming home advert got Alan Hughes in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love the VW t-roc ad with the lovely the little ram lamb #bornconfident

I now want a pet lamb :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Is coming home advert got Alan Hughes in it ?

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Don’t even like the ad itself but the guy that appears in it and voices it (actor
    Luke Evans)makes me want to “visit Wales”!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I love the new Dulux advert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I like the new Aldi ad. They made separate ads for here and NI. Same format, but adjusted for the two different markets. Many companies treat Ireland as a region of the UK, so well done to Aldi for putting in the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I haven’t liked an add since they took the kia ora add off the Telly.kia ora chuggy chuggy chuggy chuggy kia ora.its too orangey for crows it’s just for me and my dog.and that wasn’t today or yesterday.they don’t make them like that anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I still laugh every single time I see that fortified supermilk ad

"Grand day for the drying"

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I'm glad they are making PSAs like this one again.

Advertisement