Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts we like

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Sure Jaysus wasn't everyone? There must have been serious crowd trouble with the hundreds of thousands who were there.
    It is almost Munster Rugby's GPO. :) There wasn't any trouble though.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why do you sign off every post with "Regards...jmcc"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Thargor wrote: »
    Why do you sign off every post with "Regards...jmcc"?
    Force of habit and politeness.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Smugness would be more accurate I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I haven't had a TV for a few years now and my god am I smug about it.

I think a comment like that is more appropriate in the "Adverts you despise" thread, TBH... :o;)

Thargor wrote: »
    Smugness would be more accurate I think.

That's a bit harsh. :o

JMCC can sign off all his posts with "Regards...jmcc" if he/she wants to. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Vodafone office ad is good. I like it anyway.

Always chuckle at the little kid shouting "that's my boy" at his father in that ad for some car with a new safety feature :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Geico commercial making fun of horror movies.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Is it just me or does that banjo playing Canary look very sinister.

Also to reiterate, I don't know how anyone could like that Vodafone sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

"Chips curry", best ad on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014 - Monty The Penguin

What struck me most about the advert was the fact the little boy not only twigged the loneliness of his pet penguin and decided to do something about it, but he done so knowing full well that it would lead to the loss of his best friend to its new companion, so he offset that dilemma by acquiring two cuddly toy penguins for himself to help soften his own loss. If only the real world was so unselfish?

I don’t know if John Lewis creates those adverts in house or outsources them, either way; a lot of thought goes into them and I can't recall ever seeing a bad one.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

What struck me most about the advert was the fact the little boy not only twigged the loneliness of his pet penguin and decided to do something about it, but he done so knowing full well that it would lead to the loss of his best friend to its new companion, so he offset that dilemma by acquiring two cuddly toy penguins for himself to help soften his own loss. If only the real world was so unselfish?

I don’t know if John Lewis creates those adverts in house or outsources them, either way; a lot of thought goes into them and I can't recall ever seeing a bad one.

The bear and rabbit ad they had with Lily Allen singing "Somewhere only we know" was absolutely horrendous last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

The bear and rabbit ad they had with Lily Allen singing "Somewhere only we know" was absolutely horrendous last year

And before that one was the one with the snowman and "The Power Of Love"-frankly I find all of them depressing.

My fave Xmas ad is the Guinness ad "....even at the home of the black stuff,we dream of a white one".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh sweet jesus the John Lewis ad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I really like the EBS ads, the one with the driving instructor and the one with the guy fixing the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

my 2nd favourite Christmas advert this year:cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

My feelings might change about this after I'll be exposed to it for the next month but right now I really like that Spar ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

My feelings might change about this after I'll be exposed to it for the next month but right now I really like that Spar ad.

I never get tired of that one :)

jmcc wrote: »
    The Guinness ad with Munster beating the All Blacks in 1978. (Great to have been there.)

Regards...jmcc

I hate that ad. Guinness trying to take ownership of something they had nothing to do with. what next, they have an ad featuring the Apollo moon mission?

Off to the hated ads thread

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Anyone know what the song/singer is in the new 3 advert? It's a lovely song with a beautiful piece of music played by violins at the end of the ad. Googled it but no luck

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

AND again no one drinks the bloody stuff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

AND again no one drinks the bloody stuff!!!

Still better than many of the Guinness ads here on the Emerald Isle - although that isn't difficult. :o:o:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

anna080 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the song/singer is in the new 3 advert? It's a lovely song with a beautiful piece of music played by violins at the end of the ad. Googled it but no luck

Here's the AD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcus_s-9agw&list=UU9_JD55TqV21LVsmJxpZ-Ig

Here's the full song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cchlCNlJUXw

Not bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just saw this on tv and came on to post about it.

Laughed out loud when I saw it.

Edit: I feel I should mention that a Snickers makes f*ck all difference if you are actually hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Ehhh maybe I'm on my own here but that's not at all how I read this ad. There was no real penguin and the boy did not decide to give it away to be with another penguin. That was all his imagination. He had a toy penguin and wanted a friend for it so he asked Santa for another penguin to be company for his own. I mean who the hell would have a pet penguin in their house! :confused: Of course maybe I just read too much into this and should take it exactly as it was shown! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Love the current Sainsbury ad of the football match in ww1.

Until you realise that happened and they then went back to killing each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement