Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debenhams Jacket £50 Sterling, E78 Euro

• 09-08-2013 7:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi was in Debenhams yesterday and saw a jacket with both Sterling and Euro prices. They were £50 Sterling, which is about 60 Euro, at most 62 or 63. Yet it was marked at 78 Euro. I really liked the jacket but could I stomach supporting this larceny?. Where did the extra E15 go?. No mean's of contacting Debenhams by email on their website. Rip Off Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Freiheit wrote: »
    Hi was in Debenhams yesterday and saw a jacket with both Sterling and Euro prices. They were £50 Sterling, which is about 60 Euro, at most 62 or 63. Yet it was marked at 78 Euro. I really liked the jacket but could I stomach supporting this larceny?. Where did the extra E15 go?. No mean's of contacting Debenhams by email on their website. Rip Off Ireland.

Yeh I know ... clothes are cheaper in the UK than the Netherlands and Germany too.

Rip off Euro currency more like

We wait until we go to the UK to do some clothes shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Freiheit wrote: »
    Where did the extra E15 go?
    There are a ridiculous amount of threads explaining this.

I would just ignore any other prices and see if it seems like good value to me. If there was no sterling price would you have bought it? It might have cost a few euro more if there was no sterling price as they would not benefit from economies of scale and other admin advantages.

This multiple pricing is going on decades on books & magazines, its weird that clothes seem to attract more complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Debenhams have been over charging in Ireland for years - even a small local shop without even 1% of their buying power would beat them at their prices.

As for magazines, there is a set formula of current exchange rate + 12% service charge + 9% vat (no vat in UK & service charge contributes to the sorting and distribution of very small quantities to shops all over the country)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Our delivery charge in the Republic is also a lot more than the charge in the UK.

Advertisement