Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the MacBook worth it?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

My macbook pro is still going strong six years on. In that time my friend has gone through three laptops, buy cheap buy twice. She had a little asus notebook, a dell laptop and a Sony Vaio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

cloudatlas wrote: »
    My macbook pro is still going strong six years on.

And your point is?

I get to see so many "ancient" C2D laptops in perfectly fine condition, "still going strong". On the other hand, I have also seen poorly treated Macbooks and their owners crying over the insane repair costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

I've a C64 that's older than me. My iMac G3 is 13 years old. The PC I made is from 2008 is still going strong. Computers can last a while if you treat them right.

Unless you use a cheap laptop, that is. They'll barely last a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

In windows 8 if you hit the windows key and start typing it will do a search as well.

That's what I said :/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mickyg10001

all apple products are just the best. iPhone , iPad, macbook. simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

Really isn't. My macbook pro has since developed a cracked trackpad (despite light use), and overheats. Windows crashes less than OSX does on it too.

As for the mobile front, I would prefer iOS for audio production - but I prefer Android for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Plus the new macbooks are almost impossible to teardown, repair and upgrade unlike the older ones.... Apple do not want you messing with their new products.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Retina+Display+Late+2013+Teardown/18696

Advertisement