Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redhat: ssh, Telnet, Ftp not working

Options
  • 09-08-2013 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Everyone!

Ok so I'm fairly new to Redhat and I have been working on it for about a month now. I have come across a very strange problem ha.

So I have one server setup with the correct ip addressing default gateway etc. and I can ping other hosts in the same network and other networks.

The problem though is that I can't establish a Telnet, SSH session through putty or do any file transfers.

I can't SSH to myself or Telnet to myself.

All connections are open but when I check the handshake between a PC and the server establishing a SSH I see that the server is dropping it.

Completely confused and thank god its friday! I need a DRINK!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Could be anything, SELinux or iptables is more than likely blocking the connection or sshd isnt started.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Zack21

No I stopped iptables and checked SElinux.

The Deamons are showing that the are on, even though I can't run SSH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

have you tried:
    ssh -v
    ssh -vv
    ssh -vvv

Advertisement