Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any gyms around D15 with awkward weights?

• 09-08-2013 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭

I know there is one south-side but any up around D15?

Or if anyone knows a farm with a bale of hay they don't me frolicking around with. Apart from fitness, rolling a bale of hay has the same kind of feeling of digging a big hole, except its good for you.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Animal Barbell?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

whats the one on the southside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kai123

Not what I was after, but thanks for letting me know about that gym! I thought it was between Ben Dunne's and Coolmine Sports Center.

Everyone there already looks well developed though. Im not a fan of the gym mentality especially if its well established. Animal Barbell is either the best place to train as a newbie or a nightmare (let me know!).

What I was after is the training with very awkward objects, flipping truck tires, farmers walk holding a tree, that kinda thing.

whats the one on the southside?

I found it once awhile ago but after seeing how far away it was I forgot about it. They had an open area with different objects and a gym inside. Stongman stuff.

Kai123 wrote: »
    Not what I was after, but thanks for letting me know about that gym! I thought it was between Ben Dunne's and Coolmine Sports Center.

Everyone there already looks well developed though. Im not a fan of the gym mentality especially if its well established. Animal Barbell is either the best place to train as a newbie or a nightmare (let me know!).

What I was after is the training with very awkward objects, flipping truck tires, farmers walk holding a tree, that kinda thing.

Training like a strongman is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

I found it once awhile ago but after seeing how far away it was I forgot about it. They had an open area with different objects and a gym inside. Stongman stuff.

I must take a look hadn't heard of anything like that over this side of the city, although there is a caveman training class at D8 fitness in town I haven't done it so not sure how good or close to what your looking for it might be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There were a group of lads doing strongman training in dublin. They were posting here about 6 months or so ago in the strength forum. They were meeting up and had all the equipment and doing it outside. Not sure if its still going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Animal barbell in blanchardstown has some strongman stuff like logs and maybe stuff for farmers walk,and universal gym in finglas is big into it with tyres and all the works big concrete balls and farmers walk stuff

micko4 wrote: »
    Animal barbell in blanchardstown has some strongman stuff like logs and maybe stuff for farmers walk,and universal gym in finglas is big into it with tyres and all the works big concrete balls and farmers walk stuff

That brilliant, thanks man :)

Hanley wrote: »
    Animal Barbell?

micko4 wrote: »
    That brilliant, thanks man :)

Jackie-Chan-WTF-meme-face-70958233396.jpeg

• Advertisement
Advertisement