Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Valuation Query

Options
  • 09-08-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm currently coming off a fixed term and onto variable in my mortgage. The bank (AIB) sent me out a letter asking the value of my house so they could put me onto a variable rate. I sent back a letter saying that the value of the mortgage was <50% of the value of the house. Now they sent me a letter back asking for the official valuation. Should I use one of their valuers or a different estate agent? Also how much should I expect to pay for this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Deelz wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently coming off a fixed term and onto variable in my mortgage. The bank (AIB) sent me out a letter asking the value of my house so they could put me onto a variable rate. I sent back a letter saying that the value of the mortgage was <50% of the value of the house. Now they sent me a letter back asking for the official valuation. Should I use one of their valuers or a different estate agent? Also how much should I expect to pay for this?

Thanks

Use one of their approved valuers, about €90 - €120

Advertisement