Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Goals a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

davycc wrote: »
    unlucky lennon
    looking lik its gonna take a deflection or an og for us to score again

Cough Cough;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Fcukin Moldovans and their vuvuzelas, aaah

the 3 points in the bag is the main thing we can rest even more 1st teamers for our last 2 games in this group of MEH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Average performance again, but it's all about winning these european games and getting through as early as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Good away victory. Very poor performance I don't know how we came away from there with a 2.0 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Not the best of games but a win is all that matters,disappointed with Lamela again,I must look up you tube to see what it is that he does again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

All about the result tonight. It sounds like Vlad likes to play on the edge and will probably cost us few goals along the way but the boy is serious footballer. Kinda similar to David Luiz.

I'll say it again, Defoe is a terrible striker to have up front on his own. Automatically expects the ball to be played to him and seldom creates space for others. Adebayor is more of a team player, and that's saying something;)

All about the result tonight. It sounds like Vlad likes to play on the edge and will probably cost us few goals along the way but the boy is serious footballer. Kinda similar to David Luiz.

This was excellent

Chiriches1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That gif is class WHL.

• Advertisement

I'll say it again, Defoe is a terrible striker to have up front on his own. Automatically expects the ball to be played to him and seldom creates space for others. Adebayor is more of a team player, and that's saying something;)

He got no service, the same happened with Soldado against Villa. He still scored and equals Chivers record, nothing to be sniffed at either. I still believe Ade is being punished somewhat, he should of played last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we won away 0-2 , a great result

who cares if the performance wasnt great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I thought it was quite a professional performance, considering the circumstances. The lads sent over to Moldova to play a match against a team they're expected to win, but know that 60% of the fans don't care about the result but will hammer them if they lose.

Vlad looks like an OK player. He'll do the sublime, but he always seems to be in recovery mode. The best centre backs can read a game so last ditch tackles rarely have to happen - case in point, Ledley King.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

i think chiricles n lamela look absolutely lost.the amount of times they've given the ball away on their 1st touch is crazy.think it could take them all this season to get near the 1st team,especially lamela.they're young though so hopefully they'll come good

I read on FB that the fans booed Lamela off the pitch, what a fickle bunch, he'll be looking for a transfer request before Christmas at this rate. I know he's not showing us why he's worth 30 million, but he needs time, he's growing in confidence every game. Games like this in the EL are ideal for him.

I read on FB that the fans booed Lamela off the pitch, what a fickle bunch, he'll be looking for a transfer request before Christmas at this rate. I know he's not showing us why he's worth 30 million, but he needs time, he's growing in confidence every game. Games like this in the EL are ideal for him.

you reckon, I haven't seen anything to see why his confidence could be growing, hasn't got a kick since he signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Hatch99 wrote: »
    you reckon, I haven't seen anything to see why his confidence could be growing, hasn't got a kick since he signed.

i agree.he seems to have no confidence whatsoever.supposedly he's already upset bout lack of game time but if he keeps playing like that he won't get much.needs to up his work rate at the minimum

yeah this is true but when he has played, he hasnt shown any reason as to why he should replace anyone in the first team (maybe siggy on the left)

When you sign for 30 million im afraid that you have to perform right from the off and lamela isnt doing it. I think he was very overpriced anyway - it was a crazy ammount of money , he is prob worth 15-16 million but thats not his fault

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This is where we all wish we got Willian instead of Lamela as in the tiny amount of game time he's had he's shown way more than Lamela. At least Lamela has age on his side though I expect we won't see much from him this season, which is a real shame considering the money spent. I'd be really disappointed if the fans booed him off though - that's completely uncalled for.

I'll call it on Lamela now, think we bought a dud. It happens. He's bloody awful, like a scared kitten out there suffering from post traumatic stress. He hasn't shown squat, no pace or eye for goal. Chadli who's no sword slayer looked a bit more up beat when he came on.

Maybe it's the hefty price tag hanging around his neck, but the game hasn't changed. And for 30 million I haven't seen a glimmer of class. He wouldn't cut it in the championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Maybe we should send Lamela out on loan until March ????
    Get him back for the run in...
    Really dissappoints me tbh.
    Doesnt even look interested..
    I honestly cant see anything in him..
    Never seen him call for the ball.
    Is he fast?
    Never seen him even make a run..
    Never took a shot yet!!
    :confused:

SuprSi wrote: »
    This is where we all wish we got Willian instead of Lamela as in the tiny amount of game time he's had he's shown way more than Lamela. At least Lamela has age on his side though I expect we won't see much from him this season, which is a real shame considering the money spent. I'd be really disappointed if the fans booed him off though - that's completely uncalled for.

willian is very young also - lamela has much more skill then lennon for example but lennon is hardened by the premier league. he gets pushed around but he keeps coming back for more because this is how you survive in the PL

This hasnt sank in with lamela yet but it will ...hopefully

Jesus, way to early to be giving up on Lamela.

To me he is a central player being played out of position who can not speak the language.

In Van Persie's first season at Arsenal he scored 5 goals in 26 league matches. I've said it before, Lamela will end up playing a similar role for Spurs as Van Persie played for Arsenal. I just hope you guys will remember who was saying it now, when he settles and turns good in the future.

Give him time. Sure we have a strong enough squad, we're not desperately in need of him firing on all cylinders yet.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He wouldn't cut it in the championship.

That's a bit silly, he was a star man for Roma last year and Totti wanted Lamela to replace him as king. Further suggestion that Lamela is a central player.

Jesus, way to early to be giving up on Lamela.

To me he is a central player being played out of position who can not speak the language.

In Van Persie's first season at Arsenal he scored 5 goals in 26 league matches. I've said it before, Lamela will end up playing a similar role for Spurs as Van Persie played for Arsenal. I just hope you guys will remember who was saying it now, when he settles and turns good in the future.

Give him time. Sure we have a strong enough squad, we're not desperately in need of him firing on all cylinders yet.

That's a bit silly, he was a star man for Roma last year and Totti wanted Lamela to replace him as king. Further suggestion that Lamela is a central player.

Cool the jets there headtheball ;)

I'm not giving up on him, I'm just stating the obvious, he's been garbage since he signed, and has shown nothing in any game he's played. If that was me or you, we'd be running around looking for the ball, trying to make things happen, and if it doesn't work try and try again. This fella looks like he doesn't care. I have said it before about Adebayor and Bentley, it doesn't cost anyone to try and make an effort. As somebody already said, is he fast ? Fcuk knows because he hasn't even sprinted yet.

For 25m or whatever we paid for him, you'd at least expect some effort.

According to wiki - He is known for his exceptional dribbling ability and pace and is nicknamed Coco.

This kid has talent... he made a few mistakes too but i forgiveen him as he is still finding his feet there & after that EPIC goal line clearance when our keeper was beaten

I feel Lamela needs more time and the high price we paid wasnt his fault at all..

He can look after himself he grew up playing in the dirty argie league & last night he "protected himself " with a hint of an elbow v one their so called tough guys:D

leave him alone he needs time to get settled ..he has 1 assist so far v Cardiff i think. was a quality assist imo outside of the left boot stuff:cool:

davycc wrote: »

This kid has talent... he made a few mistakes too but i forgiveen him as he is still finding his feet there & after that EPIC goal line clearance when our keeper was beaten

I feel Lamela needs more time and the high price we paid wasnt his fault at all..

He can look after himself he grew up playing in the dirty argie league & last night he "protected himself " with a hint of an elbow v one their so called tough guys:D

leave him alone he needs time to get settled ..he has 1 assist so far v Cardiff i think. was a quality assist imo outside of the left boot stuff:cool:

fully agree on the elbow, I enjoyed that, best thing he'd done since he signed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Lamela starts for Argentina ffs. On that basis alone he is plenty good enough for us. Give him time.

I remember Pires and Henry being terrible their first season in England only to win player of the year the following year, well certainly in Pires case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lamela is plenty good enough for us think about how Sandro took until january/Feburary after he signed to start really performing he has had a few really good moments and what has struck me is he works hard both ways.

• Advertisement

Cool the jets there headtheball ;)

I'm not giving up on him

My comment wasn't targeted at you Hatch. Some people were saying "send him out on loan" or "he wouldn't cut it in the Championship". Mental stuff.

Everdead makes a great point about Sandro. We all love him now.

Trust me, Lamela has had Totti, Baldini and all of Argentina raging about him (considering the ave Messi too) - he's earned a little bit of time to settle.

Advertisement