Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Most important thing is we've qualified so now we can send the reserves to play in between the two Manchester teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Most important thing is we've qualified so now we can send the reserves to play in between the two Manchester teams.

Exactly and united have a massive game against Leverkusen 4 days before they play us..happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Dominated the game, not that worried to be honest, there are glimpses of greatness in many of our players Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue... Time will tell..

It hasn't been pretty but we're further ahead in our group than any other team..
    _70984642_234d7a2c-7799-4165-a004-1ef893ba41c9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

much much better from Lamela, well done, crap group, average performances, but through to the knockout stages, onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Exactly and united have a massive game against Leverkusen 4 days before they play us..happy days

Think about it:
    - quarter finals of league cup (next game winnable!!! )
    - last 32 of Europa (next major game in Feb)
    - 4th in the PL and we are playing poorly.

Things are good - keep the faith!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Agreed on Lamela and Eriksen. Time for them to put their hand up and really demand inclusion in the PL team - good performances in this game will do that.

Eriksen wasn't great, a bit better in the second half but Lamela was good. He looks to be growing in confidence too. I think he has to start at the weekend now. I'd go with Townsend, Lamela and Holtby/Sigurdsson in behind Soldado.

Eriksen wasn't great, a bit better in the second half but Lamela was good. He looks to be growing in confidence too. I think he has to start at the weekend now. I'd go with Townsend, Lamela and Holtby/Sigurdsson in behind Soldado.

Lennon and Lamela for me. Give Townsend a seat on the bench this weekend.

No no no not for me, take your time with him now, don't just throw him in just because of 1 good performance. He starts and plays poorly on Sunday and then it's all negative in his head again. Slowly build him up, no hurry with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

and for the next couple of weekends. The frustrated forwards might actually start getting some service!

Lamela just played 90 mins, Townsend has been chillin all week, townsend starts every time pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lamela just played 90 mins, Townsend has been chillin all week, townsend starts every time pal
    since when cant a player play 2 games in 1 week?

It's November not march !!!...Lamela well able for 2 games in 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

No no no not for me, take your time with him now, don't just throw him in just because of 1 good performance. He starts and plays poorly on Sunday and then it's all negative in his head again. Slowly build him up, no hurry with him.

In an ideal world I'd agree with you, but Townsend apart we have no attackers in any kind of half decent form so I don't think there is an alternative really. It's AVB's style to reward players for good EL performances too - look at Holtby and Townsend earlier in the season.

tom1ie wrote: »
    since when cant a player play 2 games in 1 week?

I don't disagree, I'm simply telling you the way the manager thinks.
    It's November not march !!!...Lamela well able for 2 games in 3 days

Agree, but I wouldn't play him Sunday, we need to take our time with him and manage him in the right way, which means easing him in to it.
    In an ideal world I'd agree with you, but Townsend apart we have no attackers in any kind of half decent form so I don't think there is an alternative really. It's AVB's style to reward players for good EL performances too - look at Holtby and Townsend earlier in the season.

Maybe your right, but something tells me he'll start lamela on the bench and Townsend will start, we shall wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Only saw 2nd half so probably saw the best of it,delighted with Lamela,when he really gets going he's going to be something special I think,I know AVB will probably go with Lennon and Townsend for the Newcastle game but could he please please put Lennon on the right and Townsend on the left and tell them to cross every ball they get into Soldado in the box,please?any chance Avb?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tippspur wrote: »
    Only saw 2nd half so probably saw the best of it,delighted with Lamela,when he really gets going he's going to be something special I think,I know AVB will probably go with Lennon and Townsend for the Newcastle game but could he please please put Lennon on the right and Townsend on the left and tell them to cross every ball they get into Soldado in the box,please?any chance Avb?

I want to thank this post more than once. Can AVB not see this, surely he wants the ball fed into Soldado. Why does there seem to be little or no push for this by the manager and coaching staff?

Great to see on twitter this morning all the spurs fans arguing over a new song for Lamela....

"That's Lamela" to the tune of That's Amore;)

"Everywhere you go, you always take Lamela with you"

And I see the 1882 lads making some great chants and fair fcuks to them, you could hear them for the whole 90mins last night...

BYf6nxmCEAEHaFp.jpg

Sadly, the daily mail is reporting that the shoes off chant was a protest. Wonder where this chant originated? We've been shoes off for the boys in green for the last few years...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Great to see on twitter this morning all the spurs fans arguing over a new song for Lamela....

"That's Lamela" to the tune of That's Amore;)

"Everywhere you go, you always take Lamela with you"

And I see the 1882 lads making some great chants and fair fcuks to them, you could hear them for the whole 90mins last night...

BYf6nxmCEAEHaFp.jpg

Sadly, the daily mail is reporting that the shoes off chant was a protest. Wonder where this chant originated? We've been shoes off for the boys in green for the last few years...
    Shoes off started at an U-21 game 1882 were at last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Shoes off started at an U-21 game 1882 were at last season.

The first time I ever saw the 'shoes off' chant was at an Irish match in Prague in 2007. There's definitely an Irish origin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The first time I ever saw the 'shoes off' chant was at an Irish match in Prague in 2007. There's definitely an Irish origin anyway.
    Sorry I meant that is when the Spurs fan started it

• Advertisement

Really, under Stan? Defo thought it was a Trapattoni era chant:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Really, under Stan? Defo thought it was a Trapattoni era chant:confused:

Yeah, I vaguely remember it in one of the bars we drank dry.... which would make it Bratislava 2007, rather than Prague 2007. Same trip anyway.

'Stand up for the boys in green' has had many variations for years and years, but for some reason I remember taking my shoe off in a dark pub in Bratislava.

Yeah, I vaguely remember it in one of the bars we drank dry.... which would make it Bratislava 2007, rather than Prague 2007. Same trip anyway.

'Stand up for the boys in green' has had many variations for years and years, but for some reason I remember taking my shoe off in a dark pub in Bratislava.

Brazzer ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭gibbon6

The Shoe Is The Sign. Take the shoes and follow him. In AVB we trust.

Spurs have lost all three Premier League games this season on the Sunday after a Europa League game, before an international break.:mad::mad:

Spurs have lost all three Premier League games this season on the Sunday after a Europa League game, before an international break.:mad::mad:

Pox alright, and yet only 2 outfield players i think started the EL game and Newc game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭gibbon6

Pox alright, and yet only 2 outfield players i think started the EL game and Newc game

AVB made the basic mistake in not playing Lamela against the Toons.:mad:

Rest all the first teamers, I'd go with...

Walker Carr Mabbutt Doherty Tramezzani Sinton Berti Gazza Fox Armstrong Iversen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Rest all the first teamers, I'd go with...

Walker Carr Mabbutt Doherty Tramezzani Sinton Berti Gazza Fox Armstrong Iversen

I would play Nethercott at the back and Rory Allen as a lone frontman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Can we get Clive Wilson back as an emergency signing while we are dreaming?

Advertisement