Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Rest all the first teamers, I'd go with...

Walker Carr Mabbutt Doherty Tramezzani Sinton Berti Gazza Fox Armstrong Iversen

Can't believe you are leaving out Hazard,

Mickey Hazard :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

davycc wrote: »
    Can we get Clive Wilson back as an emergency signing while we are dreaming?

I was thinking Justin Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I was thinking Justin Edinburgh.

Last I heard justin was busy managing some championship club?

Clive would be available as a free agent with no compensation etc needed for his services;)

Anyone know who didn't travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Anyone know who didn't travel?

Gazza!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Read on arsebook that lots of youngsters have traveled including Kenneth McEvoy, Ryan Fredericks, Laste Dombaxe and Shaq Coulthirst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

There will be a second-string feel to Villas-Boas's line-up as he has left behind a host of first-team players. Hugo Lloris, Kyle Walker, Younès Kaboul, Sandro, Paulinho, Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe have been rested while Emmanuel Adebayor has suffered a groin strain and he joins Christian Eriksen and Danny Rose as injury casualties.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/27/tottenham-hotspur-tromso-europa-league-villas-boas

PS. These lads sacked their manager, got relegated and the season is over, 'should' be a walk in the park;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Emmanuel Adebayor has suffered a groin strain

Injured again :eek::eek: .... or being rested for Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Who knows,we might even score a goal on Thursday night,imagine that! spurs scoring a goal....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

what time we kicking off at chaps and where can it be seen?
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

what time we kicking off at chaps and where can it be seen?
    cheers

6pm KO ITV4

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

There will be a second-string feel to Villas-Boas's line-up as he has left behind a host of first-team players. Hugo Lloris, Kyle Walker, Younès Kaboul, Sandro, Paulinho, Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe have been rested while Emmanuel Adebayor has suffered a groin strain and he joins Christian Eriksen and Danny Rose as injury casualties.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/27/tottenham-hotspur-tromso-europa-league-villas-boas

PS. These lads sacked their manager, got relegated and the season is over, 'should' be a walk in the park;)

Just noticed on the official Spurs site the number of first team players who did make the trip and trained in Tromso yesterday - VERTS, Daws, Townsend, Lamela, Siggy, Vlad, Holty & Soldado ( i think).
    Its minus 150 degrees there, the pitch is going to be rock solid, its a meaningless game , if any of our first teamers get injured AVB will have some serious questions to answer.
    Play the kids!!!!! Who cares about this game.

Just noticed on the official Spurs site the number of first team players who did make the trip and trained in Tromso yesterday - VERTS, Daws, Townsend, Lamela, Siggy, Vlad, Holty & Soldado ( i think).
    Its minus 150 degrees there, the pitch is going to be rock solid, its a meaningless game , if any of our first teamers get injured AVB will have some serious questions to answer.
    Play the kids!!!!! Who cares about this game.

It's artificial

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

It's artificial

aaaaaaaaaah. OK then - Its a surface the players are not used to, going to be bloody freezing cold, thousands of miles away, a completely meaningless game why risk any first team players? AVB should tog out himself.

aaaaaaaaaah. OK then - Its a surface the players are not used to, going to be bloody freezing cold, thousands of miles away, a completely meaningless game why risk any first team players? AVB should tog out himself.

Who knows, maybe it's just to keep them training together for his new plan for Man u now he's realised his old one isn't working

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

yiddo59 wrote: »
    6pm KO ITV4

Its also on sky channel 105.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Apparently Defoe and Lennon picked up injuries before on an artifiical pitch and are therefore being rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

@SpursOfficial: Our team tonight: Friedel; Naughton, Chiriches, Dawson, Fryers; Capoue, Dembele; Chadli, Townsend, Sigurdsson; Soldado.

@SpursOfficial: Our subs: Archer, Fredericks, Vertonghen, Holtby, Lamela, McEvoy, Coulthirst

:mad: Why bring such a strong squad across? This is guaranteed to affect the team on Sunday as it has done every Sunday so far this season.

Chadli, Capoue and Fryers are understandable as they need game time

SuprSi wrote: »
    @SpursOfficial: Our team tonight: Friedel; Naughton, Chiriches, Dawson, Fryers; Capoue, Dembele; Chadli, Townsend, Sigurdsson; Soldado.

@SpursOfficial: Our subs: Archer, Fredericks, Vertonghen, Holtby, Lamela, McEvoy, Coulthirst

:mad: Why bring such a strong squad across? This is guaranteed to affect the team on Sunday as it has done every Sunday so far this season.

Assume the majority of them won't start on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

GS11 wrote: »
    Its also on sky channel 105.

im unfortunate enough to be watching it on 3E on UPC:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

davycc wrote: »
    im unfortunate enough to be watching it on 3E on UPC:(

Same old same old so far :(

We are all unfortunate to be watching it.

Same old Spurs, why isn't the ball going into Soldado first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

very frustrating, the ball has to go in first time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Can only imagine how pissed he must be, I'm annoyed by the poor decision-making/glorying and i'm only spectating.

Just whack the ball into the box, he'll be there waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Despite fielding half a team and having already gone through to next round I see nothing remotely positive about our performance so far!! No desire, no commitment.......nada!!

Nice one Vlad

I think it was an OG,we still haven't scored from open play.

Good goal from Dembele.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

tippspur wrote: »
    I think it was an OG,we still haven't scored from open play.

It's been credited as a vlad goal anyway, but dembele has just scored as well, and we have scored a few goals from open play (this isn't the first game of the europa league this season you know :pac:)

Advertisement