Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It's been credited as a vlad goal anyway, but dembele has just scored as well, and we have scored a few goals from open play (this isn't the first game of the europa league this season you know :pac:)
    I still think it was an OG,came off the defenders shin.I know we've scored goals from open play this season but it's been a bloody while since the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

why bring the youth players if youre not going to play them, seriously hope he starts them against anzi makalalakalalllakaka

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Hmmm...was on in the background, nothing has changed. Can anyone explain why he didn't stick on any kids? Does he want the seniors to suffer injury, we always struggle (Sunday) when we play in Europe? I'm beginning to think he's fúcking clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

That Norwegian lad who scored the og.
    He must be our joint 3rd highest goal scorer from open play now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

That Norwegian lad who scored the og.
    He must be our joint 3rd highest goal scorer from open play now.

Are you a Gooners fan in disguise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

No not at all.
    It's just frustrating to see us struggle to create or score against a team relegated from the Norwegian first division

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

It was hard to watch that last night - I know they dropped bodies back but so does every team - the lack of players willing or trying to get into the box was mind boggling !!! Artificial surface and all that - cold weather etc .. but when we go wide and then look to see whos in the box ... no one really - maybe Soldado .. first time crosses in musnt be on the remit as it doesnt seem to happen .. anyway rant over .. think we could get a lesson on Sunday !!!! hopefully not .. but ............... COYS !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Sugarlumps wrote: »

It's a fair point, Dembele linked up well with Soldado for what should have been his second. He's a very skillful dribbler, good link up play and chips in with the odd goal. I would love to see him start him ahead of Holtby on Sunday. Vertonghen plays better with Dembele in the team.

I read an interview with him before where he said his dribbling came as a result of playing schoolboy football without goals but with a post and you had to hit the post with the ball to score.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I read an interview with him before where he said his dribbling came as a result of playing schoolboy football without goals but with a post and you had to hit the post with the ball to score.

Haha, That's class!

• Advertisement

Hope to God we don't risk anyone on Thursday with such an important game on Sunday. AVB has yet to play what I'd call a weakened side.

We've won the group already, can't see any risks been taken. A few kids should get a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'd start Soldado, but other than that everyone else from the Sunderland game should be rested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Hopefully Harry Kane gets a run, i don't want to risk any first team players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd say this will be the team, though I suspect it might be Capoue/Dawson at centre back if Kaboul isn't fit. There'll probably be a good few young lads on the bench, so the most likely 'first teamers' would be replaced by youth.

Friedel

Naughton Capoue Kaboul Rose

Sandro Dembele

Lamela Siggy Townsend

Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd say this will be the team, though I suspect it might be Capoue/Dawson at centre back if Kaboul isn't fit. There'll probably be a good few young lads on the bench, so the most likely 'first teamers' would be replaced by youth.

Friedel

Sandro Dembele

Lamela Siggy Townsend

Soldado

Hope fryers plays

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Hope fryers plays

Yeah I was trying to fit him in, but he'd hardly start centre back - would he?

I was thinking LB, but surely AVB would want Rose to get some game time before Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I thought AVB mentioned that Rose wouldn't be ready until after the Anzhi game?

SuprSi wrote: »
    I thought AVB mentioned that Rose wouldn't be ready until after the Anzhi game?

Fryers LB so.

I was hoping we'd have Rose fit for Liverpool. Though I wouldn't throw him in without match fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Need to rest Dembele, Fryers and Naughton as full backs, maybe Rose getting 10 mins if he is on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Friedel

Sandro Dembele

Lamela Siggy Townsend

Soldado

No way, Sandro and Demble should be saved for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

GS11 wrote: »
    Need to rest Dembele, Fryers and Naughton as full backs, maybe Rose getting 10 mins if he is on the bench.
    I agree,Dembele is carrying a bit of a hip injury so should be rested,and no way should Sandro one of our best players be risked in this dead rubber game.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

But who comes in?
    Its always gonna be 2 from Capoue,Sandro,Dembele and Paulinho in the central midfield.2 from 3 now that Capoue has been called into defense.
    I'd have Fryers and Dawson/Kaboul as center halves with Capoue and Sandro in midfield.Paulinho needs a rest and Dembele has been playing really well in the last few games so i'd bench them both.
    Soldado needs a goal badly so i'm hoping he bags at least 1 on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

But who comes in?
    Its always gonna be 2 from Capoue,Sandro,Dembele and Paulinho in the central midfield.2 from 3 now that Capoue has been called into defense.
    I'd have Fryers and Dawson/Kaboul as center halves with Capoue and Sandro in midfield.Paulinho needs a rest and Dembele has been playing really well in the last few games so i'd bench them both.
    Soldado needs a goal badly so i'm hoping he bags at least 1 on thursday

Bring in some young lads. This game is not important. Liverpool game is extremely important. I don't like risking Soldado but it could be good for him if he could score a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Don't understand the need for any first team players to play. They should all be rested.

He seems to take this competition very seriously, none of the kids featured in the last game. I was perplexed at those who did play especially on an artificial pitch. I expect him to put out a strong squad, it's because he's nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Play the lads who will be on the bench on Sunday, the sigs of this world.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    No way, Sandro and Demble should be saved for Sunday.

As Bradolf Pittler says, who plays instead?? Isn't the Europa League squad limited to 25??

Capoue is covering centre back. So the two holding centre mid spots will be shared by Dembele, Paulinho and Sandro.

I think Sandro and Dembele will start and then Paulinho will replace the most tired looking of the two.

Siggy will play in the spot behind the striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

THFC wrote: »
    Don't understand the need for any first team players to play. They should all be rested.

+1 No point in risking any more injuries to the 1st team we have too many as it is....it will be just our bad luck to pick up a unneeded nasty injury if we play our 1st teamers.

Team should be imo..

Friedel, Fryers, dawson,capoue, naughton, kaboul , chadli, holtby,lamela, kane, ade.

442ftw

• Advertisement

Eriksen will probably start, needs game time now he's back training

Advertisement