Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

We surely have enough depth to challenge for both? Play the youth and reserve players to keep them happy and to try and perform to get in the first team. Fellas like naughton, siggy, Chadli, kane and soldado should be chomping at the bit to perform and get in the first team

Agree with ya there, hope Tim has similar thoughts on EL.

This from the Dail Mirror. I'd be happy with Tims approach on resting players back home for these games.

"Tim Sherwood has defended his decision to leave a host of big stars behind in England for Spurs’ Europa League trip to Ukraine.

Emmanuel Adebayor, Aaron Lennon, Kyle Walker, Mousa Dembele, Younes Kaboul and Hugo Lloris have all not travelled.

But boss Sherwood is still confident ahead of the last-32 first leg at FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk.

Despite six stars being absent, Sherwood believes there is enough quality in the visitors’ squad to do well.

And he hopes to have some of his crocks fit for Sunday’s trip to Norwich.

Sherwood said: “This is the only cup competition we are left in and we are taking it seriously.

“We should still have eight full internationals in our side tomorrow.

“We have a big squad and should hopefully cope."

UEFA forced Spurs to train at Dnipro’s training round on Wednesday as the hosts’ pitch is so bad.

The game is still set to go ahead despite political unrest in Ukraine, particularly in Kiev"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/spurs-vs-fc-dnipro-dnipropetrovsk-3163035#ixzz2tn8biVCe
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Am predicting a line up of:

Brad
    Naughton
    Dawson
    Verts
    Rose/Fryers
    Capoue
    Bentaleb
    Townsend
    Eriksen
    Chadli
    Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Glebee

Whats the chances the match might be cancelled with the trouble in the Ukraine????????????

Glebee wrote: »
    Whats the chances the match might be cancelled with the trouble in the Ukraine????????????

Well sky sports still reporting that game is going ahead. I suppose no one can be completely sure til we see if any serious trouble in Kiev or elsewhere in Ukraine tonight or tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Glebee wrote: »
    I'm surprised UEFA even let Spurs send a team out there this week considering the the riots that are going on out there.

tippspur wrote: »
    I'm surprised UEFA even let Spurs send a team out there this week considering the the riots that are going on out there.

I think the match is being played about 200 miles from Kiev but some fans are flying to Kiev.

I am surprised that the club and the players did not protest at going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

jobeenfitz wrote: »

UEFA forced Spurs to train at Dnipro’s training ground on Wednesday as the hosts’ pitch is so bad.

This is very worrying. Too bad to train on but ok to play on!?

We'll be lucky to get away with just a few twisted ankles/knees if it's too bad to train on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This is very worrying. Too bad to train on but ok to play on!?

We'll be lucky to get away with just a few twisted ankles/knees if it's too bad to train on!

That's absolutely ridiculous. How can a pitch be too bad to train on yet fine to play on? It's either fine or it's not and if it's not fine there should be no football played on it. As you said, we'll be lucky to escape without some serious injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The spurs fans tickets have been upgraded and they are now sitting in a mixed and un-segregated area :eek:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/dnipro-update-200214/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Hatch99 wrote: »
    The spurs fans tickets have been upgraded and they are now sitting in a mixed and un-segregated area :eek:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/dnipro-update-200214/

Not an issue, there's about 100 of them including fans and staff, they say the area they will be in is mostly families. There's over 100 in the wrong end at any Premiership fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

on setanta ireland from 1730hrs.... nice early kick off:cool:

coys:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

TEAM! Friedel; Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Capoue, Paulinho; Chadli, Soldado, Townsend.

Our subs tonight - Archer, Fryers, Veljkovic, Eriksen, McEvoy, Onomah, Kane

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Townsend as our most attacking player? interesting

Townsend as our most attacking player? interesting

Doubt it, I'd say it's left to right with Soldado up front on his own

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd say it's Soldado up front with Chadli and Townsend on the wing. Hope to see some of the young lads get a run out after we knock in 3-4 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Iloveenic

Hopefully Goaldado gets on the scoresheet tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Iloveenic wrote: »
    Hopefully Goaldado gets on the scoresheet tonight.

I like your username.

Wait til you meet DublinSpur, you guys will get along like a house on fire.

Did I hear the ITV commentator call him Andre Ramos????

Nice ball in by Chadli, looks like he's oozing confidence after his goal the last day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Can't believe I woke up at 4am to watch this ****e.

For the love of god please let us get CL next season.

irishmover wrote: »

It is ***te I agree, pitch is a disgrace.

Shouldn't be playing on this shít, guaranteed there'll be casualties

Three times we have been caught with a long ball by them. Has Sherwood actually sent them out with any tactics or plan????

Dire stuff, I think Townsend is on a mission to waste as many chances as he can. He's been dispossesed a few times and had a ridiculous shot or two outside the box. I'm getting sick of this hyping him up as he's an english player, he's shíte, doesn't know what to do with it, no skill

Dire stuff, I think Townsend is on a mission to waste as many chances as he can. He's been dispossesed a few times and had a ridiculous shot or two outside the box. I'm getting sick of this hyping him up as he's an english player, he's shíte, doesn't know what to do with it, no skill

He is a championship player at best who thinks he can beat everyone and smash it in the top corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

irishmover wrote: »

Can't believe I rushed home from work for this! Miserable stuff:(

Talking up Dawson now, how he's awesome in the air, this English player shíte is tiring

This ref is fairly pants aswell.

• Advertisement

In saying that though he got that dive from zozulya right.

Advertisement