Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

There'll be no donations to charity so :(

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Ah Soldado, next time maybe?

Maybe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well he did score, albeit being offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Well he did score, albeit being offside.

That's a pretty significant albeit

Dembele what are you thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Best thing Dawson done all season.

Squeaky bum time.

This fella will score...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Not sure I've ever seen Daws angry before. Cleaned yer man out.

Great save! Phew....

Ormus wrote: »
    That's a pretty significant albeit

He's saving it for the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Well done Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Post match punch up on the cards.. Bound to be a few afters in the tunnel

Fair play to Kane. Held the ball up and didn't try take the shot on. Intelligent decision.

Good result.

Benfica 3 days before Arsenal it is then..

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Good spirit shown tonight,great comeback.

We might just play shít and scrape into the final, worser teams have done so.

We might just play shít and scrape into the final, worser teams have done so.

Middlesbrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

woooo!!!! thank fook that rollercoaster is over...:D

glad we got that 3rd goal to mug off these diving schneaky baxtards;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Not sure if we would have won if they had 11 on the pitch for the whole game but Verts was right to go down cos Dnipro were cheating all night,I still can't believe we won it cos I had given up all hope when they got the away goal..bring on Benfica now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Love this pic

Bhg20A8IQAEpAz5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Talking about Benfica..... As it happens, I'm going to be in the Algarve for a few days from Wednesday, March 18th. I've looked up Google maps and it's about a 3 hour drive to Benfica's ground.

Any suggestions how I might go about getting tickets (in the away section) for the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Happy for Spurs. Now, concentrate on the EL and don't be worrying about 4th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Great to see Spurs fly the flag for the EPL in Europe!!

I'm still stuck in 2 minds about the headbutt and subsequent red card.

It warranted a red for me regardless of what Vertonghen did. However, if Vertonghen didn't go to ground the ref/linesman most likely wouldn't have seen anything and no card would have been handed to zozulya.

Vertonghen is man enough and strong enough to not go to ground like many cheats we've seen before. So it's tough to say? I'm not sure I'd call it a dive. Headbutts are taken very seriously and no action would have been taken if Vertonghen did not go to ground as the people who matter most likely wouldn't have known what happened.

To say it's the reason we won is not something I agree with either. We had the momentum and Zozulya was not going to be the difference.

I'm chuffed on getting through, just take one game at a time. Oh yeah Lloris made some pivotal saves, I'm glad he was in nets.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

It must have been only me...
    I didnt enjoy that match at all.
    Didnt even jump up out of my chair when we scored the goals...
    Always felt we were going to concede again....
    More relief than anything else at the end.
    Had -1 @ 13/8 though and Spurs to win 4-1 @ 25s.
    On a side note, i think its better that we are at home in the first leg against Benfica.
    It seems taht we cant break down a team when we need to at home.

I can understand your views, were very unstructured looking under Sherwood. Without Ade's goals we'd be dead and buried. Must say Fryers had a good game, I don't remember him being caught out all too often. Deserves to start ahead of Rose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Great comeback, but we were very poor in the 1st half. Verts did nothing wrong as far as i'm concerned. Definite headbutt, even if it wasn't really strong. Had he not reacted, there probably wouldn't have even been a card, which it definitely deserved.

Some finish by Ade for the 3rd goal. Errikson played really well, and i'd love to see more of that from him. Soldado also played well enough, even if he should have buried that chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

We can't play Eriksen on the left and Townsend on the right in future, it narrows the pitch and nobody gets to the byline.

Either it's Eriksen on the right and Townsend on the left or Eriksen on the left and Lennon on the right.

• Advertisement

We can't play Eriksen on the left and Townsend on the right in future, it narrows the pitch and nobody gets to the byline.

Either it's Eriksen on the right and Townsend on the left or Eriksen on the left and Lennon on the right.

Or Eriksen not on the left or right at all. He's for me supposed to be the VDV replacement.

Advertisement