Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Glebee wrote: »
    Sherwood fighting one the line. Show a bit of class Tim please.

He has no class or coaching ability, I mean what kind of coach organises a defence like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Glebee wrote: »
    Sherwood fighting one the line. Show a bit of class Tim please.

Benfica manager waves there fingers in our managers face. You'd prefer he didn't react? He didn't go all Pardew on him but he reacted like any manager upset that their counterpart is showing no class.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

davycc wrote: »
    another slow motion attempt at defending -

the season is over-

I wish the season was over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Another wretched performance tonight. Arsenal and Liverpool and away game to Benfica. Could be 3 more bad beatings. Whoever the new manager is will have to have a huge clear out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Then the Benfica manager tells his assistant coach to f*ck off back to the dugout ! Hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Oh boy. We are a shambles. The club and us as fans need to stop talking about the champions league as we will never be a top top side. This is our level along with eveeton and newcastle and we should just getbused to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

irishmover wrote: »
    Benfica manager waves there fingers in our managers face. You'd prefer he didn't react? He didn't go all Pardew on him but he reacted like any manager upset that their counterpart is showing no class.

I'd say he could go Pardew in a flash, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Could replace Kane with Soldado and it would stand true too.

Pretty spiteful from benfica's manager.

Yes soldado has been poor this season but you could not compare the 2 as players,

This is painful

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

This club is poison.I support them because I grew up supporting them.but there's a part of me thinks Daniel Levy deserves no luck or success

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

oppiuy wrote: »
    Oh boy. We are a shambles. The club and us as fans need to stop talking about the champions league as we will never be a top top side. This is our level along with eveeton and newcastle and we should just getbused to it
    We should never accept that. What we should all be calling for is the chairmans head. He has presided over us going from cl quarter finalists to this ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

We should just forfeit the 2nd leg.

hugo29 wrote: »
    Yes soldado has been poor this season but you could not compare the 2 as players,

This is painful

Soldado is a nice lad, but not good enough. I've thought that exact thing since September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

oppiuy wrote: »

Boll!x talk, our level was beating AC Milan in the San Siro in the champions league. Not this thrash we are currently watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Benfica away, pool away, arsenal Sunday. When will the hurting stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Soldado is a nice lad, but not good enough. I've thought that exact thing since September.

Well how ever bad he is or is not he is better than Harry Kane will ever be,

I still can't figure out what we spent 100 million on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

How are we fifth in the league?

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Boll!x talk, our level was beating AC Milan in the San Siro in the champions league. Not this thrash we are currently watching.

That was a one off, it has been downhill since then and we are going back to normality now.

Vertongons attempt at blocking that last goal was pathetic he doesn't give a fook

hugo29 wrote: »
    Well how ever bad he is or is not he is better than Harry Kane will ever be,

I still can't figure out what we spent 100 million on

Not denying that. Someone said Kane is a nice lad but not good enough. That's exactly what I've thought of Soldado since September.

Anyway Soldado is 28 Kane 20? You just don't know what might happen Kane in the future.

Soldado cost £13m + £13m in bonuses. I can hazard a guess that we're not close to the £13m in bonuses after the season he's been having.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    That was a one off, it has been downhill since then and we are going back to normality now.

Your right, Getting fourth TWICE!, getting through the group stage was a one off. We had a chance to push on after Harry, the fact is the chairman made a ****e decision and hired a young manager who already flopped in the premier league.

• Advertisement

Also by the way. Paulinho has been starting most games for Brazil. Anytime I have watched him play for them he's worlds apart to the player at Spurs. Just can't understand that.

This is what our club does though. Ruins promising players. It seems to happen time and time again.

Your right, Getting fourth TWICE!, getting through the group stage was a one off. We had a chance to push on after Harry, the fact is the chairman made a ****e decision and hired a young manager who already flopped in the premier league.

He didn't make a ****e decision sacking Harry. Made a ****e decision with who he replaced him with.

Not denying that. Someone said Kane is a nice lad but not good enough. That's exactly what I've thought of Soldado since September.

Anyway Soldado is 28 Kane 20? You just don't know what might happen Kane in the future.

Maybe he is poor because he was destroyed by AVB and is surrounded by muck, remember he had no problem scoring in either spain or the champions league before he joined us.

Boom! There ya go! We were a top four side under Harry and levy ****ed it up the buck stops with him

He didn't make a ****e decision sacking Harry. Made a ****e decision with who he replaced him with.

That's what I said.

Man I agree with you, we had a chance to change normality but our chairman made a mess of it, just like how he made a mess of spending 100 million.

That's what I said.

Good some here still don't understand that though :D

Good some here still don't understand that though :D

Why was it a good decision to sack Harry?

Maybe he is poor because he was destroyed by AVB and is surrounded by muck, remember he had no problem scoring in either spain or the champions league before he joined us.

So either another example of a player not capable of stepping up to the Premier League style of football or a player who joined a club, who as I said, seem to ruin a lot of talent.

I suppose I could probably accept the latter.

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    Why was it a good decision to sack Harry?

This has been discussed to death on here. Do you really want me to get back into ****ing Harry Redknapp's sacking!

Advertisement