Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

irishmover wrote: »
    This has been discussed to death on here. Do you really want me to get back into ****ing Harry Redknapp's sacking!

Yeah I do it hasn't really been cleared up to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Boll!x talk, our level was beating AC Milan in the San Siro in the champions league. Not this thrash we are currently watching.

That was Bale's level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

This has been discussed to death on here. Do you really want me to get back into ****ing Harry Redknapp's sacking!

Please dont, it has been done to death as you say. You know what really pisses me off, Lewis Holtby was at the game tonight as a spectator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Please dont, it has been done to death as you say. You know what really pisses me off, Lewis Holtby was at the game tonight as a spectator.

Don't worry I won't. Not going to be dragged back into it. Had said my bit time and time again and at some point have to draw the line.

Was he? He would have put in a better performance than Paulinho that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

So either another example of a player not capable of stepping up to the Premier League style of football or a player who joined a club, who as I said, seem to ruin a lot of talent.

I suppose I could probably accept the latter.

Generally, we ruin talent.

• Advertisement

Don't worry I won't. Not going to be dragged back into it. Had said my bit time and time again and at some point have to draw the line.

Was he? He would have put in a better performance than Paulinho that's for sure.

Is there a particular thread for this because I've never actually read a proper argument for his sacking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

markesmith wrote: »
    That was Bale's level

Bale didn't even play in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Benfica manager waves there fingers in our managers face. You'd prefer he didn't react? He didn't go all Pardew on him but he reacted like any manager upset that their counterpart is showing no class.

Did they shake hands after the final whistle?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

I think we are all getting off track.2 league cups in Levys tenure.if he has brought us forward it's only to bring us back again.His using of a technical director has for a second time brought this club turmoil and much like the last time we have a squad not playing for their manager because they weren't chosen by the manager.I feel like I'm back living in 2008 again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tom1ie wrote: »
    Is there a particular thread for this because I've never actually read a proper argument for his sacking

Why, what do you want to prove. He's gone. Its past. What does it matter whether it was the right decision or not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Could any manager turn this lot into a team , what is really annoying is there some fantastic players in the squad, but no heart no passion, no one to bawl someone out of it for making a mistake, god sometimes I feel this club is jinxed

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Why, what do you want to prove. He's gone. Its past. What does it matter whether it was the right decision or not?

Jesus Christ I just wanna look into it why the **** are you so touchy about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

... Just to confirm, when people say Levy to blame, Levy out etc, they mean ENIC right. Because if Levy goes and ENIC stay, they'll just replace him and nothing will change. Dare I say it will be worse without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

... Just to confirm, when people say Levy to blame, Levy out etc, they mean ENIC right. Because if Levy goes and ENIC stay, they'll just replace him and nothing will change. Dare I say it will be worse without him.

Director of football out, let a manager manage and sign his own players. I can't believe I am saying this again after 2008, as someone mentioned feels like we are back in 2008.

I had said before it's very difficult to oust Levy. He's got 19% (?) shares in ENIC/Tavistock group and is married to Lewis' daughter.

I doubt they'll sell spurs any time soon and I doubt Levy would step back. I don't think we'll be rid of him for a while yet.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Director of football out, let a manager manage and sign his own players. I can't believe I am saying this again after 2008, as someone mentioned feels like we are back in 2008.

Agree. The DOF appointment did seem unnecessary at the time but it was either that or another summer of Saha's and the like.

I still think there's time for some of the new lads to turn it around. Vlad, Erikson, Lamela and one from Capoue, Paulinho or Chadli and that wouldn't be a bad return.

Have to remember that some of Commoli's signings looked like lemons but turned out good in the end... Modric and Kaboul for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

well that was brutal. Sherwood has to accept some blame for once, but prob won't .... but then again it doesnt matter because hes a 'proper' football man. Our club has become a shambles and the only way out of it is to appoint a manager that has experience and desire to achieve something. Sherwoods appointment was always only a stop-gap appointment until after the world cup... but his lack of tactical application has embarrassed not just himself but also the club. Sooner the better he's gone.
    As for those who dont rate Paulihno, wait untill he lifts the world cup in Rio in the summer.

well that was brutal. Sherwood has to accept some blame for once, but prob won't .... but then again it doesnt matter because hes a 'proper' football man. Our club has become a shambles and the only way out of it is to appoint a manager that has experience and desire to achieve something. Sherwoods appointment was always only a stop-gap appointment until after the world cup... but his lack of tactical application has embarrassed not just himself but also the club. Sooner the better he's gone.
    As for those who dont rate Paulihno, wait untill he lifts the world cup in Rio in the summer.

Considering he's been a main stay in Brazils midfield it wouldn't surprise me. They've looked good in most friendliest but still lost to Switzerland.

I can't understand the same player who plays like that for Brazil plays like THAT for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Considering he's been a main stay in Brazils midfield it wouldn't surprise me. They've looked good in most friendliest but still lost to Switzerland.

I can't understand the same player who plays like that for Brazil plays like THAT for us.

Completely agree. Hes had some ok performances but tonight he was a shambles. THe worst of the lot

If TS wasn't English he'd be getting mauled by the press by now.

The season was a write off as soon as TS was appointed, I was prepared to accept that at the time but we had a good honeymoon period and I started to believe again. Ah well.

• Advertisement

He's a guaranteed starter for the World Cup because he's a class act... He's only back from injury, which is why he didn't start at Chelsea, but then again some on this forum think because he's not a shouter he's not a great footballer... :rolleyes:
    At the end of the day, Sherwood is well in out of his depth and hasn't a clue so he'll blame the players. If he wasn't English the press would be slaughtering him...

He's a guaranteed starter for the World Cup because he's a class act... He's only back from injury, which is why he didn't start at Chelsea, but then again some on this forum think because he's not a shouter he's not a great footballer... :rolleyes:
    At the end of the day, Sherwood is well in out of his depth and hasn't a clue so he'll blame the players. If he wasn't English the press would be slaughtering him...

I've been a big Paulinho backer for most of the season purely because I've seen what he does for Brazil.

But it would be hypocritical of me to keep backing him when he's been no better than Soldado.

Tonight was enough for me really. He didn't create anything and rarely does. Holtby would have been a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

He may be a great footballer, certainly looks very good with Brazil, but we've seen very little of it. Goes missing for long periods in games.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    He may be a great footballer, certainly looks very good with Brazil, but we've seen very little of it. Goes missing for long periods in games.

Tonight he was shiet, but IMHO he's a quality footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

I had said before it's very difficult to oust Levy. He's got 19% (?) shares in ENIC/Tavistock group and is married to Lewis' daughter.

I doubt they'll sell spurs any time soon and I doubt Levy would step back. I don't think we'll be rid of him for a while yet.

Bring Paul Barber back.A true Spurs man

When will the hurting stop?
    Second week in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Even before he was injured he has looked like a midfielder whos is going to look to get on the ball and get positive attacks going. Sandro and himself looked like crap tonight. With sandro id put it down to having a back game however he kept trying at the least. but paulinho wasnt even looking to get involved to me and that is what annoyed me the most

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tom1ie wrote: »
    Jesus Christ I just wanna look into it why the **** are you so touchy about it?

Ah look I am indeed touchy after watching that tonight. Not that worried about the EL, like everybody else here was expecting a bit more in performance.

I do still feel that when someone is gone, move on. Its nothing personal. No offence intended.

@THSTOfficial: THST has been in contact with @SpursOfficial regarding various Safety concerns at the match v Benfica and will update as soon as possible.

@GavinMaze1: @THSTOfficial Apart from my row and the row in front everyone around seemed to be Benfica fans. Lots of pyro smoke etc. Not pleasant at all.

It did look pretty strange but I was watching a stream of the game so couldn't see it too well. I know it looked like a huge amount of away fans in the middle of Park Lane end. Seems like there was quite a few safety issues.

• Advertisement

298511.jpg

Normally home supporters there and apparently 'almost kicked off' with kids in the firing range so yeh doesn't sound good.

Advertisement