Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Last night was bloody awful, the worst i have seen as a spurs supporter.

What makes it worse is the fact that the players actually did try, they were just so low on confidence and ability that the whole thing was embarrassing to watch.

The whole team from start to finish were pure muck. With regards to paulinho, maybe he plays well with Brazil but its a lot easier to play well as a CM when you have good players making intelligent runs (he doesnt have this at spurs)

What can be said about the two full backs - not much i feel except both need to kicked out of the club. Naughton spent the whole night giving the ball away and when walker took that throw and just threw it straight to a benefica player, it truly was a laugh out loud moment

I do feel the players cared last night a little more and did actually try - they just arent good enough and have zero confidence.

Eriksen is the only one with a bit of class about him and is one for the future.

Sherwood called kane "rooneyesque" - oh dear

I now feel we will get mauled AGAIN on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

298515.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

mickman wrote: »
    Last night was bloody awful, the worst i have seen as a spurs supporter.

It was very bad but the worst you've seen? How long you been watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

shambles, but fair dues to Benfica, they look a quality side

we on the other hand have major problems right the way through the club

Please Jesus, just let us give those cnuts a decent game on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The English league is miles behind other European leagues. In England there's no real pressure to retain ball possession cause generally the other team lumps it back to you within 20 seconds. Goes for the there national side also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Ormus wrote: »
    I'd love if you were right but I think it's either or.

Prove me wrong boys.

After last night, I'd say it'll most likely be neither nor.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    It was very bad but the worst you've seen? How long you been watching?

Almost 20 years

I have seen many bad ones but last night just looked shocking from one end of the pitch to the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Awful performance.
    Team selection ? Kane ahead of Soldado ? Townsend left out once again while Lennon puts in another disgusting peformance.

Tim is out of his depth and is making a a pigs ear of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

I've been saying it here for weeks, why does Lennon retain his place. He has not had a decent game this season.

Sherwood forgets instantly his rubbish form deferring to his past contribution as some sort of justification for his inclusion.

Kane ahead of Soldado is just impossible to understand considering Soldado had finally just got his goal vs Cardiff and a shot at getting his confidence back.

All very depressing

slegs wrote: »
    I've been saying it here for weeks, why does Lennon retain his place. He has not had a decent game this season.

Sherwood forgets instantly his rubbish form deferring to his past contribution as some sort of justification for his inclusion.

Kane ahead of Soldado is just impossible to understand considering Soldado had finally just got his goal vs Palace and a shot at getting his confidence back.

All very depressing

Some on here think he's defensive duties give him the right to start.

Soldado not starting was just bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Some on here think he's defensive duties give him the right to start.

Soldado not starting was just bizarre.

thats sums us up right now, we are picking our right winger to cover our right full because he is ****e, and then we take our right back off and switch a bigger idiot over there

hugo29 wrote: »
    thats sums us up right now, we are picking our right winger to cover our right full because he is ****e, and then we take our right back off and switch a bigger idiot over there

Very true regarding the Chuckle Brothers. Lennon used to have the beating of players, I don't think he even has that anymore. Who knows, so many has fallen flat this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Season over. Found out, once again, by a proper team.

Sick of our boys strolling through matches, it pisses me off big time. Benfica are a team of players on half the wages as our lads giving it 100% every game.

We have the likes of Paulinho on 100k a week f*ckin strolling around midfield, pulling out of every tackle. I would have played Glen Whelan ahead of him last night easily.

Harry Kane, even Kyle Naughton, there might be questions about their ability but at least they bloody tried.

Luisao, 6ft6in left all alone in the box uncontested for both of his goals. A giant of a centre half for f*ck sake!!! Stick with him!!!

very funny :-)

dead right , naughton and walker are shockingly bad. Awful, awful players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

very funny :-)

dead right , naughton and walker are shockingly bad. Awful, awful players.

and the best part , we roll out danny fcuking rose bud
    AVB deserved the sack for just having walker, naughton and rose as his full backs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

and the best part , we roll out danny fcuking rose bud
    AVB deserved the sack for just having walker, naughton and rose as his full backs

Yeah absolutely crazy to leave ourselves so short at full back. Oh but don't worry we will sign heaps of midfielders and not be able to keep them all happy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I can't believe TS played Kane ahead of Soldado. He scores his long awaited goal and instead of keeping him in there and possibly facilitating a run of goal scoring form, he drops him and plays a kid in one of the biggest games of the season.

And why did he take so long to make any changes? If he was bringing Soldado on it should have been around the 60 min mark. I think any chance of Soldado hitting form this season is gone. He must feel pretty disillusioned now. It defies logic!

Eriksen on last nights game -

"I think everybody agrees [it was a disappointing night]," said the Denmark international, whose fine free-kick had made it 2-1 in the second half.

"I think my goal gave us a boost but unfortunately only for a few minutes. Then they got the ball again and then we had to run even more.

"They played well and they played maybe how we should play, but we didn't.

"I think they were really good, did really good running. Way much more than we are used to.

"But we were just not good enough on the ball. When we got it, we couldn't keep it and they were really good on the ball."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is Chriches out for much longer??

• Advertisement

It's becoming increasingly obvious that we won't have a 'Boul at the back next season. Don't see him getting a contract... Another could have been centre back.

looks like we will be killed in portugal

im going for 2-0 to the home side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

2-0 at least.

Lloris Walker Sandro Fryers Rose Paulinho Bentaleb, Lennon Townsend Soldado Eriksen 3 nil Spurs

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lloris Walker Sandro Fryers Rose Paulinho Bentaleb, Lennon Townsend Soldado Eriksen 3 nil Spurs

I tell you what. If that defence manages to not concede a goal I'll go buy myself a hat and then eat it.

irishmover wrote: »
    I tell you what. If that defence manages to not concede a goal I'll go buy myself a hat and then eat it.

:D all we need is a peno and red card for the home team early doors :D

We are due some good luck :o

I think your being too kind.

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7516711

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We should be going gung-ho to win this, the only competition we're left in, but Sherwood has a clue how to play in Europe. He was tactically humiliated at the Lane, and I can't see us over-turning a 2 goal deficit.

It's our last chance to salvage something from the season , massive outsiders to go through, so if the fcukers don't sweat blood tomorrow night, they should be hung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

THFC wrote: »
    We should be going gung-ho to win this, the only competition we're left in, but Sherwood has a clue how to play in Europe. He was tactically humiliated at the Lane, and I can't see us over-turning a 2 goal deficit.

Us winning 3-0 or better. Can't see it happening but would love it if they had a good go of it.

Heres how Tim would like to line out

Bentaleb
    Bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb.Bentaleb
    Bentaleb Bentaleb
    Bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb
    Bentaleb

Lots of corners conceded though but plenty of gut... And the odd gilet thrown on the ground

COYS!

Advertisement