Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

BOOM!

Great run out of defence and what a dinger of a finish! Shame he's suspect in the tackle.

That can be coached out of him, LB's don't need to tackle, just shepherd the winger out to the corner or into the centre for the CBs and DMs to take control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

This is going to be one hell of a season. Bale forgotten about

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

carroll & kane coming on.. we want 6 !

dembele off before he gets sent off for a stupid yellow again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I've got the horn for the new season !!!

south-park-randy-masturbation.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Gotta say great range of options, can't recall the squad being so strong, very encouraging. Pity we didn't bag Villa as well. One more top class striker and we'd be close to unstoppable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Unlucky Kane

chadli almost with 3 assists kane hits the post & rebounds straight into keepers arms..unlucky kids

ft we only got the 5 goals lads ffs- AVB out :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Gutted I missed this, only saw Townsends goal, lovely strike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Townsend really put his hand up today. If we don't get Willian at least we have him. Didn't realise he had pace like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

All the Goals here
    Townsend looked excellent, Danny Rose scored a cracker, Soldado popped up in the right places, Chadli got assists and Paulinho scored his first. Fantastic result overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Delighted with that result tonight,we can put out the youths for the 2nd leg now and rest everyone and have them nice and fresh for the goons.great to see Townsend,Naughton and Rose all play well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Damn Chelsea are going to ruin a good evening AGAIN!

hey dont let chelsea wind ya up thats modern day football & its all about the money even at the expense of trying to play as many games as possible here in a wworld cup year like he would have gotten here...life goes on he could have been the next rebrov... id rather we get lamela & keep bale sure

Post-match comments

Andros Townsend
    "It’s a tough place to come and once we got that first goal, it made it a lot easier. We were professional, saw the game out and scored a lot of goals. We played well. I was delighted to score and that's what I have to do when I get my chance, score goals and make assists."

Paulinho
    "I’m very happy, not just about the goal, but the win. The win was very important, we worked hard and now we look forward to the next game against Swansea on Sunday."

Danny Rose
    "I’ve set myself some targets and one is to score more goals. It was a nice finish. I was delighted."

André Villas-Boas
    "I’m very happy. The lads did extremely well from start to finish. We were always in control. Dinamo looked strong on the counter-attack, so we had to be aware of that and not give the ball away cheaply. Andros had a great game and deserves credit for his performance, creating, assisting and showing a sense of responsibility. I'm very happy, especially considering our efforts against Palace and the long trip. Now we look forward to Swansea."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just watched the highlights there, and we looked pretty damn good. Not the best opposition, but we were comfortable and, more importantly, clinical. Great result, and the team is looking good.

Lloris didnt have much to do, safe pair of hands when called upon. I expected either of the other two keepers to start, statement that AVB is taking this competition seriously.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Lloris didnt have much to do, safe pair of hands when called upon. I expected either of the other two keepers to start, statement that AVB is taking this competition seriously.

he made two top class saves though , i think he is a fantastic keeper. I have 100% faith in him, he never makes mistakes / great attitude and is one of the best purchases we have made in recent years

mickman wrote: »
    he made two top class saves though , i think he is a fantastic keeper. I have 100% faith in him, he never makes mistakes / great attitude and is one of the best purchases we have made in recent years

You're not wrong there, interesting that AVB made Kaboul captain last night. Could be Dawson's last game (In the league) in a Spurs shirt for a while barring injury.

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    i think he is a fantastic keeper. I have 100% faith in him, he never makes mistakes / great attitude and is one of the best purchases we have made in recent years

Yep, he's solid as a rock and has the reflexes of a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Good team performance last night .. agree with what you say about Lloris ... think we have an absolute bargain there. The proof of a good goalkeeper is when they have nothing to do most of the match and then produce world class saves when needed ..and he did that last night ..

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Good team performance last night .. agree with what you say about Lloris ... think we have an absolute bargain there. The proof of a good goalkeeper is when they have nothing to do most of the match and then produce world class saves when needed ..and he did that last night ..

We have come a long way from the dark days of gomes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The more I see of him the more I think Soldado is going to be just massive for us. Could be our Van Nistelroy. The way he put away the 2nd goal, it was never to doubt. Defoe/ade would have needed 3 chances of that calibre to score 1 goal.

The more I see of him the more I think Soldado is going to be just massive for us. Could be our Van Nistelroy. The way he put away the 2nd goal, it was never to doubt. Defoe/ade would have needed 3 chances of that calibre to score 1 goal.

Yeah he has great composure in front of goal, we've missed that clinical finisher since........ Eh........... Eh........... Jurgen?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

how important is the Europa League for you spurs supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

becher wrote: »
    how important is the Europa League for you spurs supporters?

If your squad can handle playing twice in a week (which Spurs can now I believe) then I think we should be out to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

but a win is hard to predict, in the last years there come always very good teams from the CL and they are always favorit to win the EL as you seen Chelski last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

becher wrote: »
    but a win is hard to predict, in the last years there come always very good teams from the CL and they are always favorit to win the EL as you seen Chelski last season.

It's a trophy and we haven't won many recently so it would be great to go all the way. In saying that, we all know that the main priority is to finish in the top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Return leg against Dinamo Tbilisi tomorrow night - I'd expect wholesale changes with the Arsenal game at the weekend.

Friedel
    Naughton, Kaboul, Fryers, ?
    Sigurdsson, Sandro, Carroll, Chadli/Lennon
    Defoe, Kane

Advertisement