Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We better give it a lash.

Hopefully a well balanced attacking side with plenty of creativity.
    We can defend for sh!the at the moment so there is no point in trying to grind out a result.

Time to start laying some foundations for next season...

I'd play Ade and Soldado up front together for all of the remaining games, if no tangible signs of a partnership forms over the next 9 games at least it will put both in the shop window.

Eriksen needs to be given a run in his preferred position, through the middle with Sandro beside him. Totally sick of TS playing players out of position and making 4-5 changes from game to game for the sake of changes. Must come from the Steve Stauton school of football management.

Some combination of Lennon, chadli and Townsend playing the flanks and both Rose and Naughton at FB for the remainder of the season. Walker can fu*k right off. Hopefully he'll still make it to Brazil and utd, PSG or someone will give us 10m for him over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

We better give it a lash.

Hopefully a well balanced attacking side with plenty of creativity.
    We can defend for sh!the at the moment so there is no point in trying to grind out a result.

Time to start laying some foundations for next season...

I'd play Ade and Soldado up front together for all of the remaining games, if no tangible signs of a partnership forms over the next 9 games at least it will put both in the shop window.

Eriksen needs to be given a run in his preferred position, through the middle with Sandro beside him. Totally sick of TS playing players out of position and making 4-5 changes from game to game for the sake of changes. Must come from the Steve Stauton school of football management.

Some combination of Lennon, chadli and Townsend playing the flanks and both Rose and Naughton at FB for the remainder of the season. Walker can fu*k right off. Hopefully he'll still make it to Brazil and utd, PSG or someone will give us 10m for him over the summer.

I agree with you on Soldado, give him the games, nothing to lose as our season is over. Eriksen should be played in his position.

I'm not too happy with some of our players but once you accept our season is over and you let your anger go with it, then no need to slag players off. Even if they deserve it. Whats to be gained?

Many of these players will be with us next season and may very well improve if we have a settled side and a top manager.

Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The following not involved tonight, anyone ever see the Great Escape :D
    Lloris Walker Dawson Kaboul Vert Chirco Paulinho Dembele Capoue Adebayor Lamela

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

This will prob be the team...

Friedel

Naughton - Sandro - Fryers - Rose

Lennon - Bentaleb - Eriksen - Chadli

Kane - Soldado

Hold on to your boots. We're going to take a hammering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »
    The following not involved tonight, anyone ever see the Great Escape :D
    Lloris Walker Dawson Kaboul Vert Chirco Paulinho Dembele Capoue Adebayor Lamela

Are they injured or just being rested?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Friedel

Kane - Soldado

There's too many English in that defence. Gonna concede a lot of goals.

Games on at 6pm for you lot I think so won't be bothering getting up. Maybe see some of second half or something..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1st time in a long time that i'm debating not watching the match. I can't understand resting our big players, when this is about the only thing we have a chance (small though it may be) of achieving this season. No chance of 4th, so what's the point of keeping them for that?

Kiith wrote: »
    1st time in a long time that i'm debating not watching the match. I can't understand resting our big players, when this is about the only thing we have a chance (small though it may be) of achieving this season. No chance of 4th, so what's the point of keeping them for that?

Why might I ask? Cause of team selection?
    The tie is effectively dead, half the squad is injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Benfica -1 @ 7/5
    Benfica - 2 @ 7/2...*NAP*.

Slaughter job...gonna have to swallow my pride and try to salvage a few quid from the season...by backing others to beat us!!!

Not looking forward to it at all.
    Cant see us doing anything in this game at all!!!!!

TTID, COYS.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Friedel

Kane - Soldado

It's amazing with the massive squad we have that we can end up with that. 4 centre backs out, plus the 2 first choice makeshift centre backs Walker and Capoue.

If we had Sandro in midfield at least we'd have some structure. Bentaleb is too young to boss midfield and Eriksen could be overrun.

Maybe put Siggy in midfield instead of Kane? I know we need goals and Soldado isn't much good up top on his own. Judgement call.

We must be astronomical odds to go through.

Audere est Facere

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Why might I ask? Cause of team selection?
    The tie is effectively dead, half the squad is injured?

Neither to be honest. I've just not enjoyed watching us play for a while now. This has been such a frustrating season, and i just want it to be over and for us to, hopefully, get back on track next year. I know the team needs its supporters to be behind them regardless of the results, but i'm just sick of seeing the team perform so poorly.

I probably will still watch it though...i just might complain a lot :pac:

Benfica -1 @ 7/5
    Benfica - 2 @ 7/2...*NAP*.

Slaughter job...gonna have to swallow my pride and try to salvage a few quid from the season...by backing others to beat us!!!

Not looking forward to it at all.
    Cant see us doing anything in this game at all!!!!!

TTID, COYS.:)

Devo, I think the -1 is a cert. But, be careful about the -2. Benfica could take their foot off the pedal and rest a few players of their own.

Though, they haven't conceded at home since December, when they beat PSG 2-1.

Kiith wrote: »
    I've just not enjoyed watching us play for a while now. This has been such a frustrating season, and i just want it to be over and for us to, hopefully, get back on track next year.

+1

I was only saying something similar over in the 'Sherwood' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Devo, I think the -1 is a cert. But, be careful about the -2. Benfica could take their foot off the pedal and rest a few players of their own.

Though, they haven't conceded at home since December, when they beat PSG 2-1.

They actually rested a couple at White Hart Lane i read earlier!!!!!

They'll want to keep momentum etc etc..
    Fancy Salzburg -1 and Viktoria Plzen -1 also...
    Just a little treble.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

the squad that Sheerwood has brought over there is disgraceful. We are 3-1 down at half time and he has thrown the towel in... utter idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

the squad that Sheerwood has brought over there is disgraceful. We are 3-1 down at half time and he has thrown the towel in... utter idiot.

I know were 3-1 down but Sherwood going around in his press conference saying well give it a go and all this ****e,,, youd swear it was Barcelona we were playing and not Benfica.

They are a nice looking side but I cant understand why Sherwwod came out after home tie and basically said they were brilliant.

Oh well the sooner this season is over the better. Can you imaginge though if we scaped through on penos this evening:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tonight's line-up: Friedel; Naughton, Fryers, Sandro, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Townsend; Soldado.

Subs: Archer, Ball, Ogilvie, Veljkovic, Eriksen, Winks, Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

:(

WTF. If Tim think Kane is good enough last week why start Soldado today...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Glebee wrote: »
    :(

WTF. If Tim think Kane is good enough last week why start Soldado today...
    No one knows what Timmy will do next,It's a mystery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tonight's line-up: Friedel; Naughton, Fryers, Sandro, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Townsend; Soldado.

Subs: Archer, Ball, Ogilvie, Veljkovic, Eriksen, Winks, Kane.
    I've heard of all them players before but never heard of Winks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Why bring Eriksen and not play him???? Get Dim Tim out of our club please!!!!

If we could score an early goal somehow? At least Soldado gets a run out, might end up scoring even.

Nice run by Soldado.

There keeper looked bogey last time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Soldado and Chadli linking up well

Townsend & Lennon two shít hawks. Chadli and Soldado doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I have said it before and will say it again, Townsend is a championship player at best.

Decent so far, Benfica really just looking for balls over the top, dangerous at set pieces. A goal could rattle them. Bentaleb been decent, Sigurdsson me'h.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

More shiite defending

Advertisement